TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BlackFlagg

Simpsons Episode Draft

Well, that's the implication of calling it the "Plan 9" of Simpsons episodes... it's so god-awful that I can't help but be endlessly entertained by it.

There's rumor that it was intentionally bad (evidence by some Comic Book Guy metacommentary in the episode), a response to the bitching fanbase that the show was slipping. I could see it.

My next episode tends to get a lot of criticism, but I think in large part that it was due to the amount of hype, because I definitely found it very funny.

WSMB2.png

Season 7, Episode 1 - Who Shot Mr. Burns? Part Two

Sideshow Mel: Officers, you have arrested an innocent man!

Chief Wiggum: Really? Aw, jeez. All right, Colossos, you're free to go. But stay away from Death Mountain.

Dr. Colossos: [whiny] But all my stuff is there.

My final pick, as mentioned, was from a shortlist of five or six very good episodes. I went with this one for nostalgia, as a former co-worker and I used a line from my pick all the time. You see, we worked at a newspaper together, and though I was a journalism major, she fell back on her diploma in:

Communications! I know, it's a phony major.

babf06.gif Faith Off.

This episode has what I call Billy Madison syndrome, where the focal character, while not necessarily unfunny, is actually the least memorable. There's a tonne of good one-liners in this episode, from Hibbard, to Flanders, to the football play-by-play guy.

Lisas_First_Word.png

Season 4, Episode 10: Lisa's First Word

Marge: I saved this newspaper from the day Lisa was born.

Lisa: "Mondale to Hart: [confused] Where's the beef?"

Bart: "Where's the beef?" What the hell that's supposed to mean?

Homer: Heh heh heh heh heh. "Where's the beef"...No wonder he won

Minnesota.

This was a coin flip pick. One was one of the first episodes I saw but doesn't really hold up quite as well as I remember it (though its still decent and would be a solid choice at this stage) and the other is perhaps my favorite Simpsons Christmas episode. Now I know its a little late for a Christmas episode but what the hell? Again maybe not the funniest pick on the board but certainly one of the better episodes left available. It also features one of my favorite one-shot characters in Simpsons history and not one but two great random guest appearances.

Margebenotproud.png

Season 7, Episode 11

"Marge Be Not Proud"

Brodka: Oh, sure, now he's just a little boy stealing little toys. But some day, he'll grow up to be a man stealing stadiums and---and quaries!

Homer: How could you? Haven't you learned anything from the guy that gives those sermons at church? Captain Mcwhatshisname? We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to all of those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well I didn't hear anybody laughing! Did you!? Except at the guy who made sound effects. (Homer makes some and laughs to himself) Where was I? Oh yeah: stay out of my booze.

As My final pick, I humbly select:

The_Simpsons_5F10.png

Season 9 Episode 15 The Last Temptation of Krust

Bart Simpson: Dad!

Homer: [laughs] Whoops, sorry son. I didn't know you, Jay Leno, and a monkey were bathing a clown

Bart Simpson: Oh, P-U, what where you drinking, gasoline?

Krusty the Clown: Yes, I was drinking gasoline, MOTHER!

Can you name a car that's 12 miles wide? Smells like a steak and seats thirty-five? Canyonarooooo! Canyonaro!

my last pick, a great episode from early on

19__Dead_Putting_Society.jpg

Season 2, Episode 6: Dead Putting Society

[Lisa takes Bart to the library]

Bart: Lisa, we can't afford all these books.

Lisa: Bart, we're just gonna borrow them.

Bart: Oh. Heh, heh. Gotcha.

[wink]

very happy with my picks

BTW, Twisted Intestine has left the board as a result of his crushing defeat in the first round of the TSM Poster Tournament so I don't think he'll come back.

That means, we've had the final pick of this fair draft. I'm fairly happy with my selections. There were a lot of picks that totally slipped my mind that I missed which upset me but not too many that I was planning on picking but somebody got before me. And overall, I do like the ones I do have. On a scale from 1 to 10 on how happy I am with my picks with 1 being completely miserable over them and 10 being jizzing my pants in ecstasy over how good my picks are....I'd say I'm a 7.

Well the draft is over, there's always the option of voting on the lists...but seeing as how I don't think we've had more than 1 or 2 people do that in other drafts I doubt it'd be done here. Other than that I'm opening to ideas

my last pick, a great episode from early on

19__Dead_Putting_Society.jpg

Season 2, Episode 6: Dead Putting Society

[Lisa takes Bart to the library]

Bart: Lisa, we can't afford all these books.

Lisa: Bart, we're just gonna borrow them.

Bart: Oh. Heh, heh. Gotcha.

[wink]

very happy with my picks

I was waiting for one of you to pick that episode. Glad to see that it wasn't forgotten.

By the way, what else was on everyone's lists that wasn't picked? My five or six shortlist still included: Guess Who's Coming To Criticize Dinner, Kill The Gator and Run, Skinner's Sense of Snow, Little Girl in the Big Ten, I'm With Cupid, and Lisa Gets an A.