TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
USC Wuz Robbed!

"Retirement" Announcement

I already spoke to Czech earlier about this.

I was going to do this after the 10,000th post, but after the really really really dumb debate about the college football bowl championship game, I feel that after five years of being on TSM, I've come to a sort of stagnation as far as who "Porter" is. My reputation has been well established, and really, I guess it's time for me to be on my way.

Thanks folks for allowing me to be part of this community for the past five years.

Do what you want with this thread or whatever.

;)

Can I take his place in the country draft and inherit what he has already picked?

edit: well, that would just be Italy, but still.

Guest Vitamin X

I would actually miss Porter quite a bit. This is a shame, but I really understand. Two kids, a life outside of TSM.. hell all I would need is a different job and I think I would probably be rid of this place within a few years as well.

who does this

really

Have to agree. What's the point? Has life gotten sooo good outside of the internet that you can't post at a Forum anymore? Or are you moving to somewhere that doesn't have internet? I see no reason why I can't or shouldn't post at TSM for the rest of it's days. *shrug*

Hoff never came back :(

He ran out of "Gay Points."

Czech has theorized in the past that the reason we have so many gimmicks and board personas is because we all grew up as wrestling fans. We all understood and reveled in the idea of playing up a character that was just an extension of ourselves.

I've never really bought into this theory, but thinking about all the board "retirements" and "returns" makes me think that he was on to something. I can't think of any other place where the posters think of themselves as the stars and draw of the board over the actual content.

If only Porter had worked in the angle about being unemployed and having an ailing mother, he would've received a warmer response

I think we all recall Marvin's grand retirement gala.

When was this? The only thread I remember centring around Marvin was his time in the gulag with the Rockstars, if that counts. Campaign 2008 doesn't count, either.

When was this? The only thread I remember centring around Marvin was his time in the gulag with the Rockstars, if that counts. Campaign 2008 doesn't count, either.

Yo bitch, Habs Vs. Flames tonight faggot!

Guest Vitamin X

On the other hand, having one less Bears and USC fan around is probably a good thing, now that I think of it.

This was back in the not so glorious days of 2006..

though the part where I left was in another thread somewhere..I actually managed to last 2 months.

Oh, and to say how much things have turned around for me since that mess of a 6 months, the following March I met my GF and we've almost been together 2 years.

Guest Vitamin X

Holy shit I didn't know Marvin has been pathetic and stupid for the past two years. Has it been that long? Yikes.