TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NFL Week 15

1. MVP-Warner, OROTY-Ryan, DROTY-Mayo, COTY-Sparano

2. Chargers-It looked like they were ready to take that next step after last year but they've just laid a giant egg in '08. LT's just plodding along, defense is below average, and they've basically wasted a MVP-type season from Rivers.

3. Obviously the Lions need to hire a competent GM first. From there, strengthen the O-line and the front seven in the draft. Instead of getting free agents who cost a ton (Dre Bly, Damien Woody, etc...) or are past their prime (Brian Kelly, Kenoy Kennedy, etc...), how about picking up a couple young FA's at a reasonable price? How about playing the current young guys more? It's not like this team can get any worse...might as well try to develop the young talent you've got.

Assuming that all college players who haven't declared, will declare, who should the Lions take with the first pick come April?

Ideally, the Lions should get a dominant DE, but there isn't one that highly rated at the moment (same deal with LB and CB). The Lions would probably get the best value from taking one of the top-rated left tackles like Andre Smith or Michael Oher. Of course QB is a possibilty but I feel uneasy about Matt Stafford (who's #1 in a lot of early mock drafts).

4. Officiating's been so-so. From all the Lions' games I've watched, it looks like shitty teams are still getting hosed by the officials.

5. William Clay Ford-It's been over 40 years, just hand the reigns over to Jr., sell the team, or die already.

I am suprised everybody gave up on this game. The Saints have scored 17 unanswered points in the second half to take a 3 point lead. The bears are driving with less than 20 seconds to go and they are on the saints 20 yard line.

I'm still watching. Just not commenting on it. Sloppy game all around.

Guest Czecherbear
I just needed you to win, Saints. You couldn't fuckin' do it. Shameful.

Bears and Packers are both better off tanking for draft position at this point. It'll be nearly impossible to pass the Vikes now.

I listened to this game over the air on WWL out of New Orleans. It was a clear night, so it came in, which was cool. I like picking up stations from far away and hearing the local spots and stuff; I feel like I'm dropping in on someone else's community from afar or something like that. Anyway, both these teams are pretty damn bad. Devin Hester is stupid, Reggie Bush is a petulant cunt, Drew Brees doesn't seem all that MVPish to me, the whole Bears defense is a sieve, Kyle Orton forgot how to pass, Brad Maynard forgot how to punt. Maybe it was the cold. I don't know. Just don't tell me the MVP is on a last-place team, because I'm not buying.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

1. MVP/OROY/DROY/COTY. Who you got in the discussion?

Kurt Warner. He's old as moons and the team would be really in the shit without him, though I tend to take MVP rather literally. Where would Miami be without Ronnie Brown right now?

Matt Ryan by a thousand miles. Kid's playing like a five year pro.

Jerod Mayo, because of a lack of standouts.

Sparano. Fisher's team is quite good. This is basically the same 1-Win Dolphin team with Joey Porter and Chad Pennington, and there ain't a damn person on the planet that's going to tell me he's all that great.

2. What is the most disappointing team in the league?

Jacksonville. They loaded for bear in the offseason. Drafted nothing but Peytonkillers on day one, got a name FA wideout and have done precisely dick. Shit QB play, a predictable running game, a defense that's getting slapped around, and a coked out tight end. Keep Jack Del Rio forever, please.

3. Many teams are already thinking about the offseason. The Seahawks, Niners, Rams, Raiders, Chiefs, Lions, Browns, Bengals, and Browns are all hopeless. Pick a team or two (or all of them) and turn them into winners this offseason.

I'll pick the Bengals. Fire Marvin Lewis and his entire staff quicker than shit. Retain Houshmanzadeh and Ocho Cinco. Trade Carson Palmer for as many draft picks and seasoned O-linemen as they can muster. Draft Matt Stafford with the second pick in the draft. If Martz leaves SF, pick him up as the OC. That gives them a throw-happy offense with a young big arm, two great targets, some solidity on the line, and RBBC. At least that way they'll have a QB that can stay on the field and they'll score points. Better than what they have.

4. How have you felt about the officiating this season?

Overall, the refs have done fine, but the ticky-tack PI stuff and sissy QB shit has GOT to stop.

5. Kick someone in the NFL right in the dick. Who are you picking and why?

Rex Grossman, with a running start, on general principle.

Reggie Bush is a petulant cunt

Hey now.

Drew Brees doesn't seem all that MVPish to me

They ran the ball a lot more in this game, and I thought he played better in the second half. I do agree though, he shouldn't be MVP since the Saints aren't making the playoffs.

Hey, how about that Pierre Thomas? Nastiest dude named Pierre I can recall in some time.

It's nice to see him finally come around, since he was awful at the beginning of the season. I still don't get what that 4th and 1 play was though.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Hey, how about that Pierre Thomas? Nastiest dude named Pierre I can recall in some time.

Colts have a guy named Pierre Garcon.

garcon_medium.jpg

1. MVP/OROY/DROY/COTY. Who you got in the discussion?

MVP: Kurt Warner or Adrian Peterson. I would almost lean towards Peterson though. If the Cardinals could win one, just one, major game away from home I'd go with Warner. So he's got the NE game to prove he's MVP caliber this year.

OROY: Matt Ryan. There are others out there but he's clearly the frontrunner unless the Falcons go in the tank.

DROY: I dunno, no one is clear cut here. Mayo is good enough.

COTY: Mike Smith. The Falcons franchise was in utter turmoil and Smith has turned this team around, though they did also draft Ryan (and Harry Douglas), signed Michael Turner, etc. I don't take Sparano all that seriously since he's mostly just an extension of Parcells on the field.

2. What is the most disappointing team in the league? Jacksonville. Sure, some will say the Chargers but without Merriman their D has suffered and this team just felt on the downside once they started losing. But Jacksonville? These guys have lost to the Bengals this year for crying out loud. The Jags played their perfect game at Indy this year where they dominated time of possession 2 to 1, ran the ball all day, and still needed a last second FG after a lame pass interference call to win by 2 points.

3. Many teams are already thinking about the offseason. The Seahawks, Niners, Rams, Raiders, Chiefs, Lions, Browns, Bengals, and Browns are all hopeless. Pick a team or two (or all of them) and turn them into winners this offseason.

The 49ers have looked mostly solid ever since Singletary took over. I'd just sign him to a contract and see what he can do with this team. Oddly enough I don't even think they need all this help at QB that others have mentioned, since Shaun Hill has really been playing well of late.

4. How have you felt about the officiating this season? Eh, it's been largely okay aside from the notorious Ed Hochuli fiasco that doomed the Chargers. Oh and the silly ending to Chargers/Steelers, but that's more gamblers who would be pissed than fans.

5. Kick someone in the NFL right in the dick. Who are you picking and why? Jerry Jones. Has anyone ever assembled a more toxic array of headcases?

Guest Czecherbear
I still don't get what that 4th and 1 play was though.

That pitchout? I dunno. The only guess I have is that Sean Payton is from Naperville, so he subconsciously coaches like a retard against the Bears to help them out. I don't know what Lovie's excuse is.

MVP: Kurt Warner. I can't imagine the Cardinals would be doing this with that Leinart dope.

OROY: Matt Forte. Homer pick, I don't care. He was responsible for about 35% of Chicago's offense. He's now up around 40%. I think he'll account for half the season's total yardage after the last two games. That's ridiculous, and he's gonna be used up faster than Gale Sayers. Matt Ryan can fuck off.

DROY: I don't really have my finger on this particular pulse.

COTY: Jeff Fisher. He made the bold move of benching minor-league legend Vince Young in favor of Oldie McDrinky and it's worked. Also, he has a moustache. Mike Smith can be second, Fat Tony third. No to Tom Coughlin just on general principle.

2. I'll pile on the Jaguars. High expectations coming in and here they are looking completely uninterested in anything resembling football. Poor Jack Del Rio. He looks puzzled and beaten down. Probably because he's a meathead who makes people swing axes in the locker room.

Wow, the Browns are twice as hopeless. Accurate typo. The Bengals should do what Agent said, get rid of Marvin Lewis, send Carson Palmer along, and rebuild the team around Stafford and the wide receivers. Carson might not fetch as much as he could have before, though.

4. The officiating is no better or worse than usual. I think the reason we think it's worse is that improved broadcast quality thanks to HDTV has made us see things better than the officials do on certain calls.

5. Kick someone in the NFL right in the dick. Who are you picking and why?

Bill Belichick. Other candidates come and go week to week, year to year. Why settle for anything less?

5. Kick someone in the NFL right in the dick. Who are you picking and why? Jerry Jones. Has anyone ever assembled a more toxic array of headcases?

Yes, Al Davis has.

I'd like to kick Donovan McNabb for not knowing that NFL games can end in ties. I'm sure one of the coaches or possibly the referee at the coin toss must have informed you that there are ties.

MVP: Unlike last year, there's no clear favorite. I'll say Eli Manning, although he could just as easily not finish in the top five in voting.

OROTY: Matt Ryan. Pretty easy.

DROTY: Jerod Mayo.

COTY: Jeff Fisher or Tony Sporano.

Biggest disappointment: San Diego. Legit Super Bowl contenders who gutted a close loss out in the AFC Championship game last year. Everyone expected them to be back this year and possibly to take the next step. When Brady went down and the Colts stumbled out of the gate, they seemed like the clear favorites to win it all in the AFC. And then...nothing. Can't even win the worst division in the conference, possibly the league.

I shall try to turn around the Lions. With the 1st pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, they should not take an offensive skill position player. Rather, they should find a stud on either line--preferably the offensive line--and build around him. They got a bunch of picks from the Roy Williams trade and can take some skill position guys later. Totally overhaul the defense. There's maybe two guys on that side of the ball who are guaranteed roster spots next year. They're not going to attract any big-name free agents, but they can get some second-tier guys who can fill in in a rotation. Fire the head coach. Hire someone from New England to be the new GM.

The officiating is about the same as usual. Personally, I'd eliminate a lot of the rules that discourage contact and favor the offense, but I think that ship has sailed at this point. It's a bra-and-panties league these days.

I think Sean Payton sometimes like to come up with wacky stupid plays because he thinks he's Sean Payton, offensive genius and can get away with it. Then it backfires.

Looks like Jacobs is out against the Cowboys. That could really hurt the Giants and help Dallas as they try to hold off the flood of rushing teams.

Guest Vitamin X
I just needed you to win, Saints. You couldn't fuckin' do it. Shameful.

Bears and Packers are both better off tanking for draft position at this point. It'll be nearly impossible to pass the Vikes now.

Not true. Tarvaris Jackson is now starting for Minnesota since Frerotte's injured, and the two Williamses might still end up being suspended down the stretch. And they almost lost to Detroit this past weekend. They are very passable, at least for Chicago. Green Bay took themselves out of the running two weeks ago, and put the nail in the coffin this past week. I don't think the NFL has ever seen an 8-8 division champion, and I don't think I ever want to, either.

I find it interesting so many people think the Jags are the most disappointing team in the league this year. The Colts and Titans both are way more talented teams, even last year, and Jacksonville doesn't have anyone on offense that would scare a defense (except this upcoming weekend, I'm sure). And the Chargers are still coached by Norv Turner plus they lost Shawne Merriman for the year. What's more disappointing for San Diego is how bad LT's been playing.

Well, Norv Turner coached San Diego to the AFC Championship game last season. And Shawne Merriman or no, I don't think anyone expected the Chargers to even approach 10 losses this year. Thus, a disappointment.

In 2007, Jacksonville had the feel of a team that wasn't as good as their record. With the exception of the running game, nothing about that team was exceptional, so it's hardly surprising that they've come back to Earth this year. Ditto Cleveland.

My MVP is Peterson. The Vikings would be a last place team with a strong defense if it wasn't for this guy. Though you could say the same for the Cardinals without Warner... 'cept for that strong defense point.

Christ, without Warner... we could of had a 6 or 7 win team being a division winner.... I might just have to give it to Warner from saving the league from that.