TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NFL Week 15

Cowboys are lucky they will win, or else TO would be tearing everyone a new one.

He might still, ESPN had this little running ticker across the bottom of the screen showing how many times he or Whitten were thrown to. Guess they wanted to try and fuel the controversy. TO seems to speak out against those that try to create controversy with him, so maybe he'll rip them a new one.

Could Al Michaels cry for Romo any more? He's in agony, so much pain, you could see it every play, omgomgomg no way! I hate when they make special cases out of "star" players (Romo is about as fake a big star as you can get) about shit that happens every week.

I'm torn on this one. I hate the Giants and so enjoyed this humiliation, but if they haven't locked up HFA or possibly even the two seed after next week, they're gonna come to play against Minnesota in the last season game... though on the other hand, if they play like they have the last two weeks, maybe that won't be a big deal after all

Well as long as Jacobs is healthy if they do face each other in the first round, I think the Giants will win handily. Last week was an anomaly, and no way Coughlin lets this continue. I expect them to beat the Panthers next week, but if they don't, I still am not worried because their defense is tremendous and that's what will win in the playoffs. I still think Dallas's defense is overrated, but they did what they had to do against two great defenses in a row. I don't think they can keep it up.

Well as long as Jacobs is healthy if they do face each other in the first round, I think the Giants will win handily. Last week was an anomaly, and no way Coughlin lets this continue. I expect them to beat the Panthers next week, but if they don't, I still am not worried because their defense is tremendous and that's what will win in the playoffs. I still think Dallas's defense is overrated, but they did what they had to do against two great defenses in a row. I don't think they can keep it up.

Overrated.............really?

They just picked manning twice and sacked him like 8 times with I think 2 forced fumbles.

"Alot of it was unprofessionalism on Ed Werder's part..."

Fucking awesome

Well, he kinda had to say that. It's TO, and he's still a selfish prick. Let's see what he says come three weeks.

They just picked manning twice and sacked him like 8 times with I think 2 forced fumbles.

And the Eagles defense dominated the NYG last week, too. I think they're playing very well at a good time, but I still think they're not as good as a lot of other defenses. They're probably even better than Philly's defense, and that's not saying much. Philly's D is hit or miss, just like Dallas.

the Giants have a real shot at not getting a bye in the first round now and might possibly face the Cowboys in the first round

The only other division winner that has a chance of getting a bye besides the Panthers are the Vikings. The Vikings have to win against the Falcons and against the Giants for that to happen with the Giants losing out.

And the Eagles defense dominated the NYG last week, too. I think they're playing very well at a good time, but I still think they're not as good as a lot of other defenses. They're probably even better than Philly's defense, and that's not saying much. Philly's D is hit or miss, just like Dallas.

Well, I see A LOT of improvement with our D from earlier in the season. The D is getting much more pressure on the QB's and covering the receivers much better which enables a lot more coverage sacks on top of the others.

Well, I see A LOT of improvement with our D from earlier in the season. The D is getting much more pressure on the QB's and covering the receivers much better which enables a lot more coverage sacks on top of the others.

I absolutely believe they're playing lights out lately, and I just hope I am right about the future. They can definitely be a Giants-type team from last year, but I think Philly will beat them in the last week and ultimately eliminate them because I think Philly will win out. However, I will not be surprised if I'm wrong.

Let's have a look at the predictions:

New Orleans at Chicago: This is a really tough call and the loser here is likely done. Both teams are 7-6 and flawed, so when in doubt go with the home team. The Bears can still maybe win the division. Chicago by 6. (Bears did what they had to do and won in OT. 1 for 1)

EARLY

Tampa Bay at Atlanta: A few weeks ago I had Tampa pegged as taking 2 more losses, at Carolina and at Atlanta. Falcons are basically in a must win situation here. Atlanta by 7. (See above, Falcons flat out had to have this at home with a tough game at Minnesota next week. 2 for 2)

Washington at Cincinnati: The Redskins have fallen back to earth really hard but still this is the Bengals here and they'll figure out some way to scratch out a win. Redskins by 4. (Wow, stick a fork in the Redskins at this point. They are done. 2 for 3)

Tennessee at Houston: Houston is playing really well right now but they have yet to truly knock off a major team. It'll be closer than the first game, but the Titans can't afford a loss here with the Steelers and Colts looming. Titans by 7. (Houston finally got a big win to get to .500 and this was a costly loss for the Titans. 2 for 4)

Detroit at Indianapolis: The Colts have a real shot at finishing 11-5, if not 12-4. Who knows if they will simply squash the hapless Lions or whether it will be another tight win. Colts by 10. (Another tough win for the Colts...they just specialize in that this year. 3 for 5)

Green Bay at Jacksonville: Here's a battle of two disappointing teams. The Jags just look DOA at this point and the Packers are at least competing in their losses, so I'll take Green Bay by 3. (This one could have gone either way, Jacksonville managed to win it. 3 for 6)

San Diego at Kansas City: The Chiefs constantly lose tough games, but yet the Chargers are the epitome of a team that can't win a close one this year. Still, SD is barely alive for the division. Chargers by 8. (The Chiefs are just a hard luck team, they find ways to lose every week. 4 for 7)

San Francisco at Miami: The Dolpins are actually in the driver's seat for the division but they still don't strike me as being worth a crap. Niners are playing well right now so I'll reluctantly take the upset. SF by 4. (Dolphins managed to scrape by for another week, but let's see if they too can beat the hard luck Chiefs. 4 for 8)

Buffalo at N.Y. Jets: The Bills are reeling right now and the Jets desperately need to get back on track after two bad losses. Jets by 9. (Well, the Jets did at least win here but who knows if they are totally back on track. 5 for 9)

Seattle at St. Louis: What did the world do to deserve this? I'll stand by the opinion that the Rams are the single worst team in the league, since they don't even compete most of the times. Seattle by 6. (The Rams did compete at least, but the Seahawks figured out a way to win. 6 for 10)

LATE

Minnesota at Arizona: Hmm....this is tricky. The Cardinals clinched the division so will they just pack it in and gear up for later, or will they go all out to have a potential tiebreaker over the Vikings for playoff positioning? I'll say Cardinals by 7. (Didn't see this coming at all. For those who saw this game did the Cardinals basically phone it in due to clinching? 6 for 11)

New England at Oakland: Yes, the Pats struggled to barely win at Seattle last week but that's still a tough place to play. The Raiders are just flat out bad. Patriots survive again by 10. (Wasn't really a contest. If the Pats can somehow get into the playoffs they could be dangerous. 7 for 12)

Pittsburgh at Baltimore: Oh yeah! Forget Cowboys/Giants, this is the game of the week. If you want physical, vicious football, this is the game. The NFL should harness the testosterone in this game and bottle it for mass consumption. Ravens by 3. (I still don't know about that TD at the end there, didn't seem like the ball ever crossed the goal line. Massive win for the Steelers though, they can still get home field with a win over the Titans. 7 for 13)

Denver at Carolina: This is a seemingly easy pick with Denver traveling cross country and the Panthers being unbeaten at home. So why is it I am feeling a Panthers letdown here vs. a puzzling Broncos team? I'll take Denver in the shocker of the week by 1. (Okay, this was a crappy pick through and through. 7 for 14)

SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

N.Y. Giants at Dallas: Honestly, I have no idea what to think of this. Giants are in the playoffs either way and have clinched the division, and can actually afford to lose here and still get home field. Dallas if they have any manhood left will find a way to win here. Cowboys by 3. (Cowboys won a bit easier than this, as the Giants desperately need to get it going. 8 for 15)

Ugh. Not an especially good week. Seems like every close game went the other way.

It's starting to look like Carolina might be the best team in the NFC. Could be a pretty epic game next Sunday night, although not if the Giants of the last two weeks show up. If the road to the Super Bowl goes through the hallowed grounds of Bank of America Stadium, I don't see the Panthers losing in the playoffs.

I absolutely believe they're playing lights out lately, and I just hope I am right about the future. They can definitely be a Giants-type team from last year, but I think Philly will beat them in the last week and ultimately eliminate them because I think Philly will win out. However, I will not be surprised if I'm wrong.

Dallas still has to play the ravens on Saturday then at the eagles. Still got a tough road ahead. Hopefully the D can hold up and keep playing great and Romo and the offense can keep it together. Should stay interesting throughout the rest of the season.

They suck and everything, but I just realized that the Bengals have quietly played the NFC East unbelievably well. They beat the Redskins today, tied the Eagles a few weeks back, took the Giants to OT, and were within 2 points of the Cowboys inside 2 minutes. How is that even possible?

Fuck Plaxico Burress up his ass with the gun he shot himself with. That selfish prick cost this team a shot at repeating as champs.

I think it has more to do with Jacobs being out then Burress. They showed that they can win without Burress, but once Jacobs went down, that's when they started playing crappy on offence. The Giants have enough weapons to use at Wide Receiver that don't miss Burress. I don't dispute that Burress selfish, and don't want to see him back in a Giant uniform anymore, ever, but they need Jacobs more then Burress.