TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Victoria Retires

PWInsider is reporting that Lisa Marie Varon, known on WWE as Victoria, gave her notice that she was retiring over Survivor Series weekend and that she may be now officially done as an in-ring performer.

She showed up on WWE TV in 2000 as the Godfather's Ho that got superkicked by Steven Richards as the Right to Censor angle was getting started. She also showed up in a GTV segment in the shower with Eddie Guerrero and another Ho.

She was called up to the main roster in 2002 and has been there for the last 6 years. She won the Women's Championship two times.

Doesn't shock me at all. She had been jobbed out so hard on SD that there really wasn't much left for her on the roster. And I'll also mention that she has the Black Widow car customizing shop right down the road from me, so she's likely going to run that full time.

Doesn't shock me at all. She had been jobbed out so hard on SD that there really wasn't much left for her on the roster. And I'll also mention that she has the Black Widow car customizing shop right down the road from me, so she's likely going to run that full time.

Do you ever see her there? How does she look in person?

It's a shame she never got to do Playboy like she wanted to. I'd have much rather seen her naked than trashbags like Ashley or Candice.

You do realize wrestlers who make a lot of money with the WWE don't give two shits if they lose matches or not. I'm sure losing in matches has nothing to do with her retiring.

I guess she runs a Pizza shop as well. She will definitely be missed, but they've all but put her out to pasture as it is anyway.

I think she sold the pizza shop, but I could be way off. I thought I recently read a WON or F4W note about someone selling some extra source of income they owned and I remembered it being her, but I guess I'll double check when I have a chance.

I do suspect this is related to her knees - she basically refused to take time off in 2003/2004 when she should have because she had the "can't lose my spot" mentality, but now she's not pushed as anything anyway so might as well take time off. Maybe she'll unretire after getting knee surgery? This is wrestling after all.

Yeah I was going to point that out too. This isn't an older woman's game, but if you can still bump and look good, that doesn't (well, shouldn't) matter.

Edit: I mean matter to the company. If you're in a lot of pain but just keep doing it because you can even though you're past your prime, yeah, it should matter.

It's a shame she never got to do Playboy like she wanted to. I'd have much rather seen her naked than trashbags like Ashley or Candice.

I forgot about that. Yeah, Vince can totally go fuck himself for that one.

What exactly happened in that situation?

Sorry double post.

I don't buy it for a second that wrestlers don't get fed up with being jobbed out and leave regardless of the money. Why go through the injuries and travel if the company has no intention of pushing her? The past few months I've felt sorry for Victoria watching SD, seeing her lose to Maria and other chicks who have zero concept of how to work a match.

This isn't like MVP where he's been jobbing but may well have been told this is an angle that will lead to him getting a push down the road. Victoria is in her late 30s now and WWE has no intention of pushing her at this point, so it's probably time to retire.

As far as Black Widow custom cars goes I haven't seen her around but it's not usually very busy and no one is hanging around. Pretty sure she sold the pizza place to open the car shop.

vicow7.jpg

HOT! Yea, I'm going to miss her. When the Divas would do costume contests, I always got a laugh out of whatever Victoria would be wearing. It would usually be something silly like a Banana or Sumo Wrestyler outfit. She always seemed to have a good sense of humor.

You do realize wrestlers who make a lot of money with the WWE don't give two shits if they lose matches or not. I'm sure losing in matches has nothing to do with her retiring.

Tell that to Hogan, Bret, Shawn, Hunter, Taker ... Aw fuck it.

Yeah I think anyone there who really cares about their craft doesn't want to be the guy looking up at the lights every single night. I know there are exceptions to every rule, but hell if you got a source of income to fall back on and your health is ailing you. Why not retire?

I'm going to miss looking at that ass. She probably has the best booty in the biz, even with her pushing 40.

I don't buy it for a second that wrestlers don't get fed up with being jobbed out and leave regardless of the money. Why go through the injuries and travel if the company has no intention of pushing her? The past few months I've felt sorry for Victoria watching SD, seeing her lose to Maria and other chicks who have zero concept of how to work a match.

This isn't like MVP where he's been jobbing but may well have been told this is an angle that will lead to him getting a push down the road. Victoria is in her late 30s now and WWE has no intention of pushing her at this point, so it's probably time to retire.

As far as Black Widow custom cars goes I haven't seen her around but it's not usually very busy and no one is hanging around. Pretty sure she sold the pizza place to open the car shop.

I think a lot of fans DO ignore that this is a job for the wrestlers and they may well be satisfying making a good payday and not care in the slightest about their characters or on screen success. But I also think those people who insist that its all business constantly ignore that there's a basic level of satisfaction with your job that's going to at least occasionally be tied to those things.

It may be a job but the reason most of these people decided to work is because they enjoy it. Its a crazy business (especially for women) filled with drugs, poor job security, horrible travel schedules, little time at home, few places of employment, and physically demanding tasks that destroy your body and any responsible doctor would tell you to stop immediately. They enjoy wrestling. So at some point some of these people are going to stop enjoying it if it just becomes a dull routine.

There isn't a right or wrong answer to it. One wrestler can be satisfied with money while another want some creative satisfaction. They're individuals with their own individual priorities. Assuming someone is miserable because they're jobbing makes as much as sense as assuming they don't care about putting over people with half the talent because the office doesn't deem them attractive enough. They're human and capable of either.