TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Victoria Retires

I was never a huge fan of her, but I get a feeling they gave her the comedy stuff and made her into a joke to try to get her to retire. She is near 40, her knees are bad, and she hasn't really contributed anything to the company in ages.

Over the past few years, I just saw her as the female Val Venis of the company. What I mean by that is, there is probably no chance that she will get pushed heavily anymore, but she is a solid wrestler that they can match up with others to help them look good.

Plus I'm under the belief that when wrestlers say that they could care less about wins or losses, it's usually B.S. People keep up with wins and losses to some extent. I mean John Cena may lose every now and then, but he'd never be confused with Santino. Chances are, if you're a top guy, you aren't losing on a regular basis. If HHH had Val Venis' win/loss record, people wouldn't take him very seriously.

I do suspect this is related to her knees - she basically refused to take time off in 2003/2004 when she should have because she had the "can't lose my spot" mentality, but now she's not pushed as anything anyway so might as well take time off. Maybe she'll unretire after getting knee surgery? This is wrestling after all.

IIRC, the injury was a torn ACL that she suffered near the end of 2002. Hopefully, she'll be able to get it fixed now.

I wonder if she is going to have a backstage job now? Maybe she can help train up and coming female wrestlers.

I think WWE let her bring back the crazy and have one last run Diva's title and fued with one of the younger Divas who wants to be more than eye candy.

No.

Your "no" is so wrong it's not even funny.

Victoria was once the best woman wrestler on the roster. She is not now. His statement said she was the best female wrestler on the roster. Which means now. And she's not the best female wrestler on the roster right now. So my "no" is so right, but you're right, it's not funny, nor was it supposed to be funny.

Doesn't shock me at all. She had been jobbed out so hard on SD that there really wasn't much left for her on the roster. And I'll also mention that she has the Black Widow car customizing shop right down the road from me, so she's likely going to run that full time.

Do you ever see her there? How does she look in person?

I have met her in person

Very harsh looking. Tons of make up and kind of fugly. She was VERY nice and friendly to my 2 little nephews

Victoria always looked like a dyke in those pre-WWE photos and even looked rough in her first couple of WWE photoshoots. I guess it took them forever to find the right mixture to mask it.

Doesn't shock me at all. She had been jobbed out so hard on SD that there really wasn't much left for her on the roster. And I'll also mention that she has the Black Widow car customizing shop right down the road from me, so she's likely going to run that full time.

You do realize wrestlers who make a lot of money with the WWE don't give two shits if they lose matches or not. I'm sure losing in matches has nothing to do with her retiring.

Tell that to Hogan, Bret, Shawn, Hunter, Taker ... Aw fuck it.

I gotta ask, on the subject of those 5 guys you mentioned.

Hogan - of course he cared if he jobbed or not.

Shawn and Hunter - Ditto

Taker - Wasn't it only one time he refused to job clean and that was against Lesnar at Unforgiven because he wanted to put him over clean at No Mercy?

Bret - One night only, and he's lumped here into people who didn't want to job?

Care to explain further on Taker and Bret as guys "refusing to job"/"cared about wins and losses"

Care to explain further on Taker and Bret as guys "refusing to job"/"cared about wins and losses"

I remember Bret getting a finish changed in a match against Hunter from a pinfall loss to a countout loss. Bret argued against the pinfall loss because there was plan to program the two together or do anything with Hunter off of it and Bret felt, correctly, that it makes no sense to beat the world champion if it's not going to lead to anything.

Taker - Wasn't it only one time he refused to job clean and that was against Lesnar at Unforgiven because he wanted to put him over clean at No Mercy?

It wasn't going to be a clean loss. It would be some kind of schmozz with Lesnar snatching a pinfall somewhere in there. I think the idea that Taker refused because he wanted to put Lesnar over clean the next month is some revisionist history to try and defend Undertaker over refusing to lose. I think it more likely that Undertaker simply didn't want to get pinned in two PPV main events in a row.

Wasn't it only one time he refused to job clean and that was against Lesnar at Unforgiven because he wanted to put him over clean at No Mercy?

He wasn't feeling it.

I don't have concrete evidence on the matter, but I think it's possible that Bret and Taker have probably vetoed other losses. Just because it wasn't reported doesn't mean it didn't happen. People care if they win or lose when they are top guys, it's as simple as that.

I guess this can be locked. Victoria said the PWInsider report was full of shit and she's not even thinking about retiring.

On the Outsiders shoot, Nash said one of the reasons he ultimately decided to go to WCW in 1996 (other then a shit load of money), was him and Taker was pissed that Bret, wouldn't take Nash's finisher in a cage match, which would've set up Taker causing Nash the match, and putting heat on their Wrestlemania match. Taker told Bret something like "Motherfucker it is not always about you, this helps me and Kev".

On the Outsiders shoot, Nash said one of the reasons he ultimately decided to go to WCW in 1996 (other then a shit load of money), was him and Taker was pissed that Bret, wouldn't take Nash's finisher in a cage match, which would've set up Taker causing Nash the match, and putting heat on their Wrestlemania match. Taker told Bret something like "Motherfucker it is not always about you, this helps me and Kev".

Wrong thread I take it?

From Victoria/Lisa Marie Varon's myspace regarding her retirement -

Hey MySpacers!

It's been announced on WWE.com, so I guess I should address it. This Friday's Smackdown is my last match with WWE. I started with the company in 2000. I have had so many once in a lifetime experiences. It's been incredible. I was part of an era in Women's Professional Wrestling that will never be duplicated again.

Choosing to leave was a very difficult decision. I think many of my colleagues considered me a "lifer". That is, they thought I'd be with WWE until I was old and grey. But I was not happy with the oppurtunities that were available to me within WWE. And at the end of the day, there are thousands and thousands of women who would kill or die for the chance to be a WWE Diva. It isn't right for me to fill that spot if my heart weren't in it.

And I didn't make a rash decision to walk away. On many occasions I pushed for the Victoria that I'd want to watch. But we were on different pages. I respect their decisions, and they are their decisions to make. Being with WWE is very time consuming. And again, with where we were at, I would rather spend more time at home.

I am a "lifer" though. That may not be WWE for life (although I will always be a fan). But I will always challenge myself. I am a competitor. As you can see from one of the pics in my photo gallery, I've been training in Jiu Jitsu. I started for the conditioning, but I have really excelled. It has crossed my mind to enter MMA. I've also been learning to DJ. I love music, and this girl has been getting her mix on. Of course I have the custom car shop, Black Widow Customs. And I haven't ruled out the idea of jumping back in the squared circle occasionally down the road.

I am just so thankful for the experiences that I have had with WWE, for the great friends that I have made with WWE, and the best fans in the world that I have encountered because of WWE.

So what am I doing first? I'm on vacation! I'm not going to say where I am, but it's warm, and I can look out the window and see palm trees, and I'll be here for a couple weeks. I have been getting bombarded with requests for interviews and appearances. As for appearances, you can contact me through MySpace for now. When I decide what direction I intend to take, I will acquire appropriate representation, and will pass info along to them.

As for interview requests, several people have emailed me regarding "shoot interviews". I would like to say this. I am a fan of the Willy Wonka movie. I won a golden ticket. I was in Willy Wonka's Magical Chocolate Factory for nine years. If you're looking for an Everlasting Gobstopper, don't waste your time asking. It's not for sale.

Finally, I want to thank all my MySpace Friends for your encouragement. I truly feel that we are friends, and I appreciate your support. I will keep blogging, and hope you all keep in touch.

Later Sweet Potaters, Lisa Marie aka Victoria : )

I hope I do something cool enough in my life that I can maybe steal that line (bolded).

(leave mma to the professionals)

Does everyone need to do MMA now? Ugh..

Wrestlers have become quite the bandwagon-jumpers lately.

"MMA's popular, after I leave wrestling, I'm going to go there!"

MMA won't be any easier on Victoria's knee either.