TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cmpunk04

Impact spoilers for 12/18

- Announced for tonight: Kevin Nash & TNA champ Sting vs Samoa Joe & AJ Styles in a Tornado Tag match, a Knockouts Brawl Tag a Six Sides of Steel match

- Taylor Wilde & "The Hardcore Knockout" Roxxi defeated The Beautiful People when Wilde pinned Love. Traci Brooks was the referee.

- Rhino pinned Lance Rock with the Gore. Rhino calls out the members of the Frontline. They come out...with the Motor City Machineguns lagging behind. Rhino addresses what happened to Brother Ray last week. And that if its a fight they want, its a fight they're going to get. He says that Sting, when he joined the MEM, that's when he became the problem. He says that at the Genesis PPV, he's going to leave Sting in a pile of his own piss, blood and sh**.He says the MEM raised the bar, but the Frontline will raise it higher. AJ Styles takes the mike and says that cause of his actions, Scott Steiner is in a match vs Matt Morgan & Abyss. And tonight, Sting & Nash have to deal with him and Joe in Six Sides of Steel. Samoa Joe then goes on to say he thrives on violence and tonight they will find out in the cage what they say is true...Joe is gonna kill you.

- Chris Sabin with Alex Shelley defeated Sonjay Dutt with So Cal Val with a Cradleshock to advance in the X Division title tournament. During the match, Sheik Abdul Bashir sat at the top of the ramp on a chair to watch the match.

- Booker T & Scott Steiner w/Sharmell defeated Matt Morgan & Abyss when Booker hit the scissor kick on Morgan. Morgan had Steiner up for the helevator then Booker hit morgan in the leg with a lead pipe, while Abyss was distracted on the floor by a fallen Sharmell who was faking it as she immediately ran into the ring to celebrate with her husband and Steiner.

- Kurt Angle comes out and recaps the career of Jeff Jarrett, acknowledging all his championships in both WWF and WCW. (During which, a chant for Owen Hart in the Impact Zone erupts and Angle nods in approval) then says when there was nothing left for Jeff to do, he starts up TNA. He goes on to say that Jeff came out of retirement to screw him at Bound for Glory, which brings him to Genesis..where he will leave him laying in a pile of his own blood. He knows the wrestling community can live with out Jarrett.., "but can they?", referring to Jeff's 3 daughters. He said after Genesis, they will be orphans, and not to worry.."Uncle Kurt" might just adopt them. Jeff Jarrett storms out to the stage and starts removing his jewelry and shirt. BG James, Terry Taylor, Earl Hebner and Scott D'Amore attempt to restrain Jarrett. Angle is then held back from TNA security and the 2nd attempt to break free. Jarrett tries all he can but is brought back up the ramp as both he and James jawjack with Angle who is down by the ring.

- Hiyoshi (All Japan's Akira Raijin, although the ring name may be slightly incorrect as it was hard to hear) defeated Consequences Creed with a moonsault. Raijin's TNA persona resembles a 1990s Great Muta with facepaint and mannerisms.

- Christy Hemme & ODB def Rhaka Khan & Raisha Seid when Christy hit the FFG on Khan. Post match, Amazing Kong attacked ODB & Hemme from behind, just when Suicide made his entrance and focused his attention on Kong...who then immediately backed away with fear in her eyes..the lights went out and Suicide was gone. Hemme & ODB then celebrated their victory.

- AJ Styles & Samoa Joe defeated Kevin Nash & Sting in a SSOS match when Styles escaped the cage. Post-match, Nash & Sting beat down on Joe while the remaining members of MEM came down to join in. Sting left the cage to deal with Styles on the floor as Scott Steiner padlocked the cage. They continued the beatdown on Joe and wedged his arm in a chair and beat him with a lead pipe. The members of the Frontline tried all they could to get into the cage. Finally, Earl Hebner found the key and unlocked the door, but the MEM continued the onslaught on Joe as Styles continued to try and enter the cage. Finally, Styles scaled the cage and got inside and went after Angle...the Frontline finally got inside to assist Joe as the MEM made their way back up the ramp. Doctors and officials ran down to check on Joe. He was screaming in pain and he was helped from the cage.

Wait, I thought Scott D'Amore was gone? That is awesome! I've always been a fan of his and didn't understand why he left.

On one hand, it's nice to see the MEM actually lose a match, especially against Styles and Joe. On the other, the post-match continued the amazing mishandling of Samoa Joe, who even in winning gets his ass kicked. Sigh.

He got his ass kicked locked in a cage with 4 people. It's not like he's getting pummled by Bashir.

Remember bps, when it comes to TNA, people around here will complain about anything. Even on a show, that on paper, looks pretty good.

I didn't think they'd pull Sting out of the Mafia this quick, but I guess 2009 is rapidly approaching and it's time to begin his send off. I just skimmed through both sets of spoilers, is it Rhino vs Sting at genesis for the gold?

Yes. Rhino/Sting is on the show, but I'd guarantee the show closes with Angle/Jarrett.

The whole timeline for Sting leaving the Mafia comes down to when exactly he's planning on making his exit. I'm sure TNA would hope that he'd hold out till October so they could have his BFG streak end on the way out. In a perfect world (IMO) he eventually loses the title to Styles and then spends some months feuding with Angle/Nash/Booker/Steiner before bowing out returning the job to Joe.

That's whay I'd do with it going forward if I had him that long.

He got his ass kicked locked in a cage with 4 people. It's not like he's getting pummled by Bashir.

Remember bps, when it comes to TNA, people around here will complain about anything. Even on a show, that on paper, looks pretty good.

Pot meet kettle.

The show sounds like it has some good action and I do like the MEM vs. Frontline feud so far. At least the Frontline guys are starting to win a few matches.

However, there is one thing in those spoilers that TNA seriously needs to stop. That would be constant use of death threats by so many guys. First it was "Joe is gonna kill you" and now Angle basically says he's going to kill Jarrett at the PPV and that his daughters will be orphans. It reminds me of that Scott Hall Torch interview from a while back where he noted how bush league TNA came across because of this type of thing. What's even stranger is Angle rambling about wanting to kill Jarrett in a promo where he does a tribute of sorts to Owen Hart.

This reminds me of a bit in Foley's first book where he said how wrestling threats need to be believable, as in Ken Shamrock saying "I am going to make you tap out or else break your leg." But saying stuff like "I'm gonna fucking kill you" is stupid and no one buys it.

On one hand, it's nice to see the MEM actually lose a match, especially against Styles and Joe. On the other, the post-match continued the amazing mishandling of Samoa Joe, who even in winning gets his ass kicked. Sigh.

So they did the Horsemen/Dusty beatdown? This company is hilarious.

Explain.

So they did the Horsemen/Dusty beatdown? This company is hilarious.

Explain.

I was talking about them locking Joe in the cage and beating him down, what made it funny, is that Joe always seems to be on the end of an ass whipping by MEM.

Culmative effect.

It seems like Joe can barely make it to the ring these days without getting beat, now when he actually manages to be part of a winning team...he gets stomped even worse than usual!

I'm sure this is all leading up to Nash putting him over HU-GE though.

Pot meet kettle.

I don't praise everything that TNA does. When something sucks, I call them out for it. I do that a lot in the IMPACT! threads. And I don't shit on everything that the WWE does. I don't like everything they do, but I don't shit on it without explaining why I don't like it.

You're fraudulent attempts at being Canadian, now by singing the praises of Scott D'amore, will forever annoy me.

Speaking of Scott, it's too bad I'm going to be out of town during the BCW 15th Anniversary show. There was an article in the local paper focusing on Kevin Nash!

You're fraudulent attempts at being Canadian, now by singing the praises of Scott D'amore, will forever annoy me.

Speaking of Scott, it's too bad I'm going to be out of town during the BCW 15th Anniversary show. There was an article in the local paper focusing on Kevin Nash!

I never once said that I was Canadian. And I'm not allowed to be a fan of a someone, and I didn't praise him, just stated that I'm happy that he's still around, if he is and this isn't a one time showing like Tomko.

Isn't D'amore working with Raijin? That's probably why he's there.

When did TNA start with the Escape the cage rules? I remember it use to be you had to pin someone to win.

I'm surprised TNA didn't 'TNA' up the cage match, and make the rule 'You have to get your opponent out of the cage to win'

Pushing them over the cage or out the door?

Exactly.

Like the reverse battle royal, they'd have to get their opponent over the cage and make their feet touch the floor.

Would lead to enthralling bits such as Eric Young fighting bravely to keep his feet off the floor.

Whats sad is, that might actually make for a better match then the reverse battle royal.

Venkman, around here it's sometimes difficult to know when some are kidding. No harm no foul. About the cage matches, I believe that when they were part of NWA they only did the pin to wim, bi once they dropped NWA, or vice versa, they went with the escape. They onl used to do the escape for the Lockdown PPV with th XDivision guys in the Escape Match.

I know it's a storyline and all and not much is off limits in wrestling, but how long is Jarrett going to use his family's tragedy to get sympathy cheers for him? No one really cares about Jarrett and he can't hold his end of the feud up on his own so they book Angle to constantly talk about his daughter not having mommy anymore and soon losing daddy too. Yes, it makes Angle look like the sick, out of control guy, but why not let Angle be that way by bringing up something else instead of his kids having no parents. I could see if Jarrett's wife got taken out in a storyline or something, but she's really dead.

I felt the same way about all the "Eddie Guerrero's in hell" stuff they did in WWE. Why take it that far to get a feud over?

I actually wouldn't mind seeing MCMG with MEM. Not really as members, but more like lackys to Nash.