TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

WWE SmackDown - December 12, 2008

From PWI:

Jeff Hardy attacked Triple H as he was on the way for their match. They brawl and there's no match as they never rang the bell. Vickie Guerrero and the referees break it up. Guerrero was knocked over in the melee.

R-Truth pinned MVP. After the match, MVP takes the mic, but it gets cut off. Mr. Kennedy comes out. Kennedy says it's the time of year to be happy because it's time to promote his movie.

Backstage, The Brian Kendrick tries to hit on the Bella Twins, but Primo gets involved.

The Brian Kendrick pinned Primo. Ezekiel Jackson runs Carlito into the ring post, distracting Primo to set up the finish.

Hurricane Helms pinned WWE United States champ Shelton Benjamin in a non-title match and was interviewed by Tazz, setting up him challenging for a title shot at Armageddon.

The Cutting Edge with guest Matt Hardy. Edge claimed he didn't do anything to Jeff Hardy at the PPV, which brings out Matt Hardy, saying all signs point to Edge being involved. Edge tells him that he's only out there because the only time anyone cares about Matt Hardy is when Jeff Hardy is involved. Matt and Edge brawl, and Vladimir Kozlov shows up and lays out Matt.

The Great Khali defeated Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder in a Handicap Match.

Eve interviews Triple H, who promises he'll become a 13-time champion at Armageddon.

The Bella Twins defeated Natalya & Maryse.

Eve interviewed Vladimir Kozlov. He said he would beat Matt Hardy for the ECW title and then challenge the winner of the WWE title match to become a double champion.

Jeff Hardy vs. Triple H ended in a no-contest when Edge came out and destroyed both with his title belt. After the cameras went off, both men recovered and Jeff ate a pedigree.

Dark Match

The Undertaker defeated The Big Show in a Cage Match.

Please, enough with Kozlov. He had one of the worst matches at Survivor Series in the post Steiner days of WWE. Since HHH just lost the belt there's no point putting it back on him, Jeff is still a dubious pick for the obvious reasons, and Edge/Kozlov makes no sense as a heel vs. heel title match. Let him have the ECW belt and Matt can chase for a while, but keep him away from meaningful main events.

No, because it was actually on TV last week. If it was the dark match last week, then I'd be up in arms. For no reason, actually. It doesn't really matter. Why have a cage match with the same people in the main event in back-to-back weeks? This isn't TNA!

Thought I'd throw a shot at TNA for good measure, but for no good reason. Just needed to make my usual anti-TNA remark.

Is it odd to anyone else that a Big Show/Undertaker Cage Match was the dark match?

Nah, it's been done before. They probably used the old school blue bar cage for it.

Ah, see, I didn't see last week's show.

Hm. Ah well.

No, what I mean is that they've done post-show cage matches before. Usually, they use the manual cage for these so that they don't have to have a cage hanging above the ring that never gets used on television.

Just an FYI to avoid any "Aren't they taping two weeks worth of shows now?" questions that I'm sure are to follow in the coming weeks (even with a PPV this Sunday):

This week was a single taping.

Next week is a single taping.

The week after is being taped after Raw in Toronto.

Is it odd to anyone else that a Big Show/Undertaker Cage Match was the dark match?

Nah, it's been done before. They probably used the old school blue bar cage for it.

The Raw I went to in May had a 6 man tag in a cage match as a dark match - DX/Cena vs. Umaga/JBL/Orton.

Please, enough with Kozlov. He had one of the worst matches at Survivor Series in the post Steiner days of WWE.

Listen. I hate Koslov as much as anyone. But THE MATCH WAS BAD ON PURPOSE.

I don't buy any match being bad on purpose. Ever. Edge and Hardy were going to get enormous reactions no matter what. The match was bad because Kozlov's work could not be post-produced.

PWInsider -

- WWE developmental wrestler Hade Vansen will debut on tomorrow night's WWE Friday Night SmackDown in the first of a series of vignettes for a new masked character he will be doing. His new character was described as dark and something similar to Christopher Daniels' "Fallen Angel" gimmick he has done in TNA.

Vansen is a British talent who was signed by WWE to a developmental deal in May of 2007. He missed the most of the past year after a knee injury.

He forgot the mask, it seems.

I'm already bored with R-Truth, and it looks like the writers are as well. Similarly it seems like the writers don't know when to end this MVP losing streak because it's gone on much too long now. I'm betting there is certain politics at play here more than an insulted piss tester.

Kennedy is so damn lame now. Also why is he billed as Mr. Kennedy in the movie - it's silly. He has a first name in the wwe afterall.

Hade Vansen's debut vignette came off as too theatrical in it's delivery. I wish he would have had a mask as well.

Highlight of the show was the backstage bit with Kendrick, the Bellas, Carly and Primo and Big Zeke. The Primo vs Kendrick match wasn't half bad either. Too bad Kendrick loves his Mary Jane.

Helms seems to be getting the Stevie Richards push given the story the commentators were trying to sell. I was a big fan before the injury, however not so much anymore. That back tattoo is just really, really bad. Benjamin needs to drop the US title - it's doing nothing for him, and he's doing nothing with it.

Benjamin is a tag wrestler. How badass would a WGTT vs Miz/Morrison feud be? Throw in Lito and Primo, Kendrick and Zeke and the soon to debut Dh Smith and TJ Wilson team and you'd have a pretty damn good tag division. Benjamin was taken off ECW too soon as well, he was just getting his feet under him - another year there maybe with an ECW title run would have been beneficial to him.

I think Christian will be the Hardy attacker. Little thing but Matt Hardy should have carried the belt outover his other shoulder to better model the t-shirt. Kozlov will probably win the ECW title at Armageddon and he should. Of course there isn't many faces in ECW right now. Kozlov's headbutt off the ropes is garbage.

My how have Hawkins and Ryder have fallen. Soon to be unemployed is my bet.

With the Bellas being paired with Carlito and Primo, Nattie soon to be paired up with "The Foundation", Maryse should really be added to the Miz/Morrison act - it is one way to mgive the fans reason to care about the SD! Divas.

Eve is hawt.

I don't know how they're going to book the 3-way at Armageddon, I mean Hardy can't take the pin, and I doubt Hunter will job either. Edge is going to retain though. Assuming they're setting up Edge vs Hardy to involve Matt and Christian, where does HHH go from here? Who does he feud with? Taker is heading into a program with Umaga. Big Show? Who would care about that? Maybe ship him back to Raw however then Jericho would be screwed...

They are wasting R-Truth to be sure. What is it with WWE making the streetwise black guys on the roster monosyllabic? Cryme Tyme mainly says "Money, money, yeah, yeah" and little else. Truth mainly just says "Wassup?" Ron Simmons obviously just says "DAMN!" With Simmons his bit is an ironic joke anyway, but anyone who remembers Killings in TNA knows the guy can cut a good promo.

Watching this show tonight I had the thought that Shelton and MVP need to start tagging. Shelton is just soooo dull as a singles wrestler. He just doesn't have any charisma. Meanwhile MVP is jobbing out to everyone under the sun and needs a new direction. That direction could be Shelton throwing down the gauntlet to team with him and snap the losing streak. Much like with Miz and Morrison these guys could compliment each other. Morrison has the look and wrestling talent, Miz had more charisma and mic skills (in a douchebag sort of way). Shelton has more in ring talent at his best, but MVP can bring the mic skills.

I might be half tempted to watch Armageddon if I thought Christian and Tomko might show up and do a run in on the main event.

Watching this show tonight I had the thought that Shelton and MVP need to start tagging. Shelton is just soooo dull as a singles wrestler. He just doesn't have any charisma. Meanwhile MVP is jobbing out to everyone under the sun and needs a new direction. That direction could be Shelton throwing down the gauntlet to team with him and snap the losing streak. Much like with Miz and Morrison these guys could compliment each other. Morrison has the look and wrestling talent, Miz had more charisma and mic skills (in a douchebag sort of way). Shelton has more in ring talent at his best, but MVP can bring the mic skills.

I like this idea. Shelton bores me to tears lately because he hasn't had a proper feud for months, gets no character development (those shitty little pre-match promos about gold don't count) and you know they have no interest in moving him any higher up the card then he is. He could just disappear tomorrow and nobody would really notice. Feud them against Carlito & Primo and produce some fun skits where MVP tries to turn Shelton into a player like himself.

Edited by tobin