TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

Post in this thread if you have never stood in shin-deep snow

Guest Agent of Oblivion
It's been snowing non-stop for a week now, but nothing is settling. Every fucking inch of Indiana is covered in ice, however.

Bought 400 pounds of rock salt and 400 pounds of sand yesterday. I ain't playin' this winter.

It's been snowing non-stop for a week now, but nothing is settling. Every fucking inch of Indiana is covered in ice, however.

Not so true about all of Indiana. Down here in Evansvilleit hasn't been bad at all. In fact during the the day Friday was literally t-shirt weather and people were out jogging with no shirt on and suck. It's cooler than that now but no sign of snow or ice. I'm going back hone to South Bend and I'm sure we're going to get some lake effect, ugh.

Been snowing like a motherfucker here for about 24 hours. I wanted to jump off the roof after that miserable Tampa Bay game, but feared that the foot of snow on the ground would lessen the impact of my dramatic death leap.

Last week the entire state was under a blizzard warning the entire weekend. We had a foot of snow, 30 mph winds, temps at -20 with windchills at around -50. Plus my heater went out on Saturday night at around 3am.

Guest Vitamin X

fcd2b9f1170f9ec24bb30c20a8df739b.jpg

This is how some of us are dealing with the snow. Portland's first annual cross country ski race, the Stumptown Birkebeiner.

Snow wasn't as much of a motherfucker here as wind and ice was this weekend. After the windchill it was -4 degrees today.

Some pics I took on I-57 around Kankakee:

DSC_5406.jpg

DSC_5401.jpg

DSC_5400.jpg

DSC_5397.jpg

Guest Czecherbear

Cool, now there are two ways that Portland is blindingly white!

Mellows, what were you doing in Kankakee?

The head of our provincial police board is putting forth a motion to make drivers pay for damages incurred during accidents in bad weather much like a number of states havce.

This falls under "Wait...this wasn't already a law?".

Guest Vitamin X
Cool, now there are two ways that Portland is blindingly white!

First post from Czech in while that's made me :lol:. Kudos. I'm going to plagiarize this (although verbally) in conversation tomorrow.

I am posting in here because I have never stood in shin-deep snow.

Actually, I've never stood in snow. Or seen snow. I think I win.

Guest Vitamin X

I guess I can't post here anymore because today, after not having stepped foot out of the house since Friday, I went outside and realized my entire neighborhood- and pretty much most of downtown Portland- is covered is shin to knee deep snow. Pretty fun, kind of wish it would happen more often, although walking uphill in boots while carrying shit is a bitch.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

My driveway is now completely clear. I'm conducting an experiment: I put down about 150lbs of salt. I'm going to see if there's any preventative benefit to doing this the next time we get shit on.

I'm guessing that the atmosphere would normally have enough moisture in it to react with and dissolve the salt, BUT, it's very dry! Will certainly be interesting.

Fuck my town; it's 6am, and all the main roads are still covered in about 6 inches of dense snow. I nearly died about 5 times on my way to the gas station to buy smokes, and I was going 20km/h in first

People who drive through six inches of snow to buy smokes must have a high mortality rate.

Guest Czecherbear

It's apparently too snowy and icy for anyone to get to my aunt's house for Christmas Eve today, so now I'm sitting here on the Internet with you assholes.

It's like high-50's but overcast here, which results in the worst combination of everything. It's warm enough that the hardpacked snow in my parking lot melts, but not warm enough to melt it completely away so it makes the gray sludge of doom that gives me zero traction at all. The management of my apartments stopped salting the parking lot because someone complained that it was ruining their car, but if the asshole drives ANYPLACE they are going to get salt flipped on their car.