TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

Public Account

As TSM Ombudsman, I disagree with the subfolder for TSM Year End Awards. Venkman already started something for WWE Awards, and I believe they should be put in their own folders, instead of having one big folder.

I also renew my objection to Public Account

That objection will fall on deaf ears. Sorry.

It's not a public account though, it's a private account shared by a few people.

What would be the objection to a Public Account anyways? Bob gets bothered by the stupidest shit.

My objection to Public Account has been that if a mod or admin wants to post something, they should use their own member names instead of hiding behind a shared accouny.

My objection to Public Account has been that if a mod or admin wants to post something, they should use their own member names instead of hiding behind a shared accouny.

What if it's something that was decided by the mod staff as a whole? It wouldn't make any sense to transfer that burden to a single mod or admin.

EDIT: Speaking of which, can someone (Public Account, I'm looking at you) break this discussion out into its own thread?

Guest Czecherbear

I started the threads under Public Account so they weren't all credited to me and were just sort of a neutral Board Activity

People that act the way you act are why mods want to use a shared account.

I have no idea what this means.

I just don't like the idea of having big thread saying discuss the year end awards for this folder here! Let the posters do what they want in their folder, ya know?

They can still spark discussion. That's very much the idea. My thought was just to have a centralized place for the concept

That's fine, I'd just rather it be done in the specific folder, and let posters star the topic.

I hope people participate in it and fun discussion comes from it.

I hope so too.

I'm not surprised by that.

If a mod can't handle criticism or complaining and has to behind a shared account, they shouldn't be a moderator.

Again, there's not really a right or wrong way to organize it, I'll acknowledge, I just essentially coin-flipped as to how it'd be presented.

I accept this

If a mod can't handle criticism or complaining and has to behind a shared account, they shouldn't be a moderator.

Why are you being salty about something so unimportant?

As TSM Ombudsman, I disagree with the subfolder for TSM Year End Awards. Venkman already started something for WWE Awards, and I believe they should be put in their own folders, instead of having one big folder.

I made that with the intent of it getting into the Year End initiative, which I support. I didn't want it just reflecting WWE.

As TSM Ombudsman, I disagree with the subfolder for TSM Year End Awards.

I believe this, like many of the other proclamations you've made under your title, falls outside the realm of said title

It's just a way for mods to make unpopular decisions without any one of them having to take the heat for them. The account is named as such because it references one of Czech's more notorious board ideas, and TSM is Where Self-Celebration Happens.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Isn't an ombudsman supposed to be a public spokesman? Is there an uprising against the year end awards of which I am not aware?

Bob Barron is a public spokesman for himself.

Let's be honest, Bob's status as "Omsbudsman" is equivalent to that episode of the Office where the captain of the booze cruise had Dwight man the fake wheel. There was no real responsibility, but it gave Dwight his sense of importance. More importantly, it kept him from bothering everyone else.

Isn't an ombudsman supposed to be a public spokesman? Is there an uprising against the year end awards of which I am not aware?

Mole did respond with WTF in the movies thread, so clearly he didn't like it

As goes Mole, so goes the rest of the board.

The "Ombudsman" title may've been cute at first, but really, it's just giving Bob an excuse to make the same posts he always makes, this time with an inflated sense of self-importance. Off with his head.

Guest Czecherbear

I feel like we've sort of lost our way with the ombudsman thing. The idea was sorta that if people had complaints about how we were running the board and your complaints were going unheard by us, you could take it to Barron, who would badger us incessantly until the right thing was done, if it was a matter of doing the Right Thing. Either because our staff is already receptive enough or because nobody's complaining to Bob enough, it's just sort of been Bob complaining. You'll have had your post for three months by next Friday, Bob: tell me what you've done so far.

idea was sorta that if people had complaints about how we were running the board and your complaints were going unheard by us, you could take it to Barron, who would badger us incessantly until the right thing was done, if it was a matter of doing the Right Thing.

You're right- no one has really complained to me about something. Except Grugny Punk. No, I'm serious, he sent me an e-mail and everything.

Either because our staff is already receptive enough or because nobody's complaining to Bob enough, it's just sort of been Bob complaining. You'll have had your post for three months by next Friday, Bob: tell me what you've done so far.

I've basically used it as a tool to question things I don't agree on and to find out why, to hold moderators and admins accountable, and to express my opinion on important board matters.

The "Ombudsman" title may've been cute at first, but really, it's just giving Bob an excuse to make the same posts he always makes, this time with an inflated sense of self-importance. Off with his head.

Let them eat cake.

The inflated sense of self-importance is part of the joke. It makes me laugh to type As TSM Ombudsman

Guest Vitamin X

I'm going to make Brody the new TSM Ombudsman if Barron says that shit one more time.

Guest Vitamin X
As TSM Ombudsman, I don't think that'd be a wise move.

Damnit.

Okay bob, you asked for it.

Ladies and gentlemen, the new TSM Ombudsman, Bruiser/Snuffy Brody.