TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

Public Account

As ombudsman, I did make the case against Brody many times, but it fell on deaf ears

You shouldn't abuse the deaf.

What is your stance on PublicAccount?

As ombudsman, I did make the case against Brody many times, but it fell on deaf ears

You shouldn't abuse the deaf.

What is your stance on PublicAccount?

It is good for the youth of America to get used to being manipulated or affected by a sight unseen higher authority, therefore Public Account acts and serves as a benefit to all who roam under its domain.

I do not disagree with Brody being Ombudsman at all, but perhaps we should hold an election each month/quarter/half year/year. That way, several people can be given the false sense of importance that bob had.

I do not disagree with Brody being Ombudsman at all, but perhaps we should hold an election each month/quarter/half year/year. That way, several people can be given the false sense of importance that bob had.

I'll take that under consideration.

The As TSM Ombudsman thing was a joke, Dandy.

How come Bob's legitimate question about the mods/admins need of a generic account was never addressed, and instead you guys just kind of went after him personally?

I don't see the harm in the awards, but I can more than understand a poster wanting to know why you guys feel the need to have an account to hide behind for certain decisions, and it doesn't come off as an innocent group thing when you guys are so quick to avoid an actual discussion about it.

How come Bob's legitimate question about the mods/admins need of a generic account was never addressed, and instead you guys just kind of went after him personally?

It's been addressed repeatedly. Public Account is used for decisions that represent the common position of the mod staff. This protects the mods from receiving an unfair amount of praise or criticism for board matters decided by the collective brain trust.

For instance, if Czech starts 15 year-end award threads, Czech would get the brunt of board bitching if it sucked. No need to place that extra pressure on one poster.

Public Account is used for decisions that represent the common position of the mod staff.

Then an admin can post something, and make note that this is what the mod staff believes. No need for a generic hidden account, that's not public in any way, shape, or form.

People that act the way you act are why mods want to use a shared account.

From 909's post earlier. Can't people questioning or criticising you- don't be a mod

No need to place that extra pressure on one poster

lolz?

Score one for the little (big) guy!

Nah man. The little guy got owned.

I meant in the sense that Brody, while large, is a man of the people--one of us. Not like that elitist Bob Barron. Why, he even has a rank of nobility as a surname!

I'm not seeing where extra pressure would come from, you make a discussion, explain it, the end. This is a discussion forum, you should be beyond taking extra steps in order to not explain yourselves, hell you guys have come to run this place, you should enjoy it.

I haven't seen anything done wrong with it, I'm just saying it's an unneccesary and counterproductive to the main goal of a discussion forum, which is discussing things openly and intelligently in hopes of learning something or helping someone learn something. A faceless account to make large decisions inconsequentially definitely doesn't go along with that idea.

The As TSM Ombudsman thing was a joke, Dandy.

Then it was horribly unfunny.

bob, I think your main complaint with Public Account is its misnomer. Maybe your autism causes you not to like things that aren't how you would picture it, but if so, you should have behaved as an Ombudsman to the people instead of complaining about your wants and needs.

Then it was horribly unfunny.

I think it worked better than the one post gimmick.

bob, I think your main complaint with Public Account is its misnomer.

That is one of my complaints about it, yes. I also don't think mods and admins should hide behind a shared account.

Maybe your autism

I don't have autism. I thought I did once, but I don't. That's CWM.

should have behaved as an Ombudsman to the people instead of complaining about your wants and needs.

Not liking Public Account is not really a want or a need. As I said here, there weren't many complaints to deal with, so I used my ombudsman platform to keep the staff in check and to question any changes or things that seemed a bit off.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Is Public Account even used often enough to warrant dissent? I just find it's an odd thing to complain about.

I mean, does anyone here think I'll hide behind it because my decisions might make someone mad?

I've made one post with it ever that I can remember, and that was the post about "Great women" in the GTG folder, with the skank with a mouthful of jizz getting bitchslapped.

The masses have the right to offer suggestions to the tie wearing upper crust of the board.

It is the right of the chosen few to willfully ignore any pleas offered up

If any one has a problem with this please see here

Maybe you should get a second opinion on your diagnosis, bob. I sincerely think you are autistic. That's not being mean or anything, I've just worked with a lot of autistic people before.

I wasn't just saying you complained about Public Account, I mean that you were always complaining and trying to keep the mods in check. That is not what an Ombudsman's job is. He is supposed to realy complaints that others bring to him. That is what I was getting at. If misnomers bother you so much, then you were a big misnomer.

Maybe you should get a second opinion on your diagnosis, bob. I sincerely think you are autistic. That's not being mean or anything, I've just worked with a lot of autistic people before.

I've been tested, though next time I'll have the tester read my postings on an internet message board, initially geared to discussion of professional wrestling.

I wasn't just saying you complained about Public Account, I mean that you were always complaining and trying to keep the mods in check. That is not what an Ombudsman's job is. He is supposed to realy [sic] complaints that others bring to him. That is what I was getting at. If misnomers bother you so much, then you were a big misnomer.

I've already explained that before. I didn't get many officialquestions or complaints, so I decided to tweak it a little to what I wanted it to be. I looked into what GrungyPunk said, and I expressed my opinion on the posting status of BrusierBrody when others complained about it. That and I knew it wasn't a serious position. If that made you or others think I was a shitty ombudsman, then I apologise.

I've already explained that before. I didn't get many officialquestions or complaints, so I decided to tweak it a little to what I wanted it to be. I looked into what GrungyPunk said, and I expressed my opinion on the posting status of BrusierBrody when others complained about it. That and I knew it wasn't a serious position. If that made you or others think I was a shitty ombudsman, then I apologise.

The only reason the Ombudsman position is a joke is because you let it become one. It doesn't matter if the mods didn't think much of it when they gave you that title, you had every opportunity to make it matter and instead you fell flat on your face. You were more concerned with bitching and complaining and pushing yourself instead of trying to do anything that would improve the board.

Look at the past three months. I was more ombudsman-y than you. I started the TSM Market Research Thread and initiated discussion in Site Feedback about mega-threads and the new logo. I attempted to get the mods to be more proactive about splitting threads and organizing folders. I spoke up when other posters said the music folder was too exclusive.

Now what did you do? You read a PM from GrungyPunk. Good fucking work, Bob.

The problem is you are far more concerned with making yourself feel important than doing something that might benefit the board. You care about you and you only.

The only reason the Ombudsman position is a joke is because you let it become one. It doesn't matter if the mods didn't think much of it when they gave you that title, you had every opportunity to make it matter and instead you fell flat on your face. You were more concerned with bitching and complaining and pushing yourself instead of trying to do anything that would improve the board.

I find it funny that you guys took the position way more seriously than I did. I only got the title b/c I agreed with the Vanhalen banning to the shock of Czech. But then Vanhalen's banning was overturned.

Look at the past three months. I was more ombudsman-y than you.

Good for you, Cheech! I thought a TSM Market Research thread was unecessary. Also, did you do anything with the results? I don't mean that as a slight, I'm actually curious.

initiated discussion in Site Feedback about mega-threads and the new logo.

The mega-thread discussion went nowhere, sicne you screwed up the polling. Plus, you said you hate hate hate megathreads, when the sports folder, where you primarily post, is nothing but mega-threads!

Now what did you do? You read a PM from GrungyPunk. Good fucking work, Bob.

I never thought someone would take something at this board more seriously than I did, but I was wrong.

The problem is you are far more concerned with making yourself feel important than doing something might benefit the board. You care about you and you only.

Because for the most part, I think this message board is doing fine, and there aren't many changes needed. And no one complained to me specificially about changes that needed to be made. Also, one of the reasons I complained was to generate discussion and see if others agreed. With public account (Which I never wanted to be spun off into its own thread) it seems that some people do agree with me.

When asked, I weighed in on my thoughts, which is what an ombudsman is supposed to do. And I used to forward my views on message board changes.

If you didn't like the job I did, then I said I'm sorry. Go take it up with Brody what you'd like to see done.

Is no one answering me because I don't have an avatar and appear as a faceless complaint? Or is it because I'm too awesome to deal with? I'm gonna assume it's the latter....

People suck and are stupid but when we're all smart folk we should be able to discuss something without delving into people's character. Bob might be a giant raging homo with the sole intention of putting himself over, but that doesn't mean he never had a point.

Discussion folks, it's missing.