TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dorianb

Homicide and Dan Maff

I just found out the JAPW anniversary show is tonight and Dan Maff is advertised to be there. I remember few years back, Maff and Homicide had a big time falling out and Maff was basically blackballed from wrestling. Does anyone know for sure what the incident was that caused the falling out?

I have the RF video "Get in the Ring" Homicide video/shoot and he talks about it somewhat, but he doesn't ever say anything about what it was that Maff did.

Maff has slowly been making appearances the last few years in different places. Maybe the blacklisting has been lifted atleast in JAPW.

Another Homicide thing that has been a bit hush hush, a few years back he was scheduled on an ROH double shot. He performed one night, i think, and the next night couldn't because he'd banged up his hand from punching something in the hotel. or some such. What was the deal with that? Was there much more to it than I already stated?

I'm not entirely sure so don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure the Homicide/Maff thing was about Homicide's son. I remember the news breaking out and Homicide called Maff a pedophile.

I remember once he wasn't able to make some ROH show because of a legal issue and a bunch of people on DVDVR automatically assumed, due to his name, that he had been arrested for murder. That was funny. What a board.

It was cool seeing Maff's former tag team partner Steve Mack on the Rough Cuts segments with Homicide. When I saw him, I also wondered what had happened to Maff after the incident. Da Hit Squad was a fun team to watch.

I've seen a bunch of different versions on exactly what relative it was (sister/son/niece/etc), but basically they all agree that it was Maff doing something sexual with a close relative of Homicide's who was underage at the time. But yeah, they have apparently made up at least somewhat, there's a picture of the two of them posing together sometime recently and seeming fine with each other, plus iirc they've worked a few shows together.