TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Czecherbear

Poster Tournament Pregame

Guest Czecherbear

Hello.

I'm attempting early voting this year. If you already know which ten people you'd like to send to the 2009 tournament (but no guarantees we put them in), PM your decalogue of dumbshits to me between now and January 5th, and I'll go right ahead and put those in the spreadsheet. You have to PM them to me. Don't post them in public. Posters in the teal and red groups are ineligible; the former doesn't seek further validation and the latter isn't here to do so. Everyone else is fair game. The basic idea here is that it gives me less work to do on nomination night or whatever because I'm not doing it all at once and running the risk of getting sloppy with my calculations.

The winner will get his name on this:

trophy.jpg

I object to the tourney be held on January 5th*.

*I solely object due to the fact that I will be away from the internet that week and thus unable to stump for myself. I was hoping to squeeze out a top 16 finish this year.

EDIT: Also, how did you still not fix Milky's name? We pointed out that mistake weeks ago.

I don't get why we start the poster tourney earlier every year

It's starting five days earlier this year. Is that really enough to get your panties in a bunch, Mr. Ombudsman?

Yes. I think it should be held in March

So, will there be a worst poster of the year again?

Guest Czecherbear

I think doing it in January better puts a bow on the year that was. I picked the 5th because it's a Monday, and everyone should be decompressed from the holidays by then.

Maybe we can do worst poster in March.

Yes. There's a basketball tournament then. We should do it in the spring rather than the end of the year because of that.

Of course, you might want to consider that the basketball thing is March because that ends their season that began the prevous fall. It's not a calendar year thing. It would be one less thing to bitch endlessly about, though.

Did I just get snuffbox'ed?

Of course, you might want to consider that the basketball thing is March because that ends their season that began the prevous fall. It's not a calendar year thing. It would be one less thing to bitch endlessly about, though.

There is no offseason at TSM. Though my boarding does tend to take certain months off.

Yes. There's a basketball tournament then. We should do it in the spring rather than the end of the year because of that.

Because of March Madness, everyone is in tournament mode and it just feels right doing the TSM Poster Tourney then. Knowing my luck, I'll be up 9 votes with two minutes to go and lose.

Guest Czecherbear

We had great turnout last January without being in "tournament mode." Is there any way to get those dippy TV/Movies space cadets out of draft mode? I might be facing some competition.

We had great turnout last January without being in "tournament mode." Is there any way to get those dippy TV/Movies space cadets out of draft mode? I might be facing some competition.

To me, it felt off.

Did I just get snuffbox'ed?

I remember I was upset when I got snuffbox'd during the first round of the Best Poster tournament last year. My outburst, IMHO, is what cost me a spot in the Elite Eight.

Honestly, I'd be happy to match my Sweet Sixteen appearance last year.

Re: bob's complaining. In the 6 year history of the POTY, it should be noted that the first two tournaments were held in the SAME CALENDAR YEAR - May and September 2003, neither of which are March. Also remember that Marvin beat Czech in round 1 of the first tourney as a footnote of how things can change in a short period of time.

POTY III - May

POTY IV - March

POTY 2007 - March

POTY 2008 - January

So it's been held in May as many times as it's been held in March, and now that statement holds true for January.

Here's another fun bit of trivia: College basketball sucks. Unless that's a votebreaker for me, than bring on the unpaid athletes doing something that takes funding away from academia! Woo!