Houston @ Minnesota, 8:00

Miami @ New Jersey, 8:00

Sacramento @ New Orleans, 8:00

Utah @ Chicago, 8:30 NBATV

LA Clippers @ Milwaukee, 8:30

Toronto @ San Antonio, 8:30

Denver @ Phoenix, 9:00

Kings fire Reggie Theus

Not sure how you can blame the coach for the Kings miserable start. There is no talent on that team at all. Kevin Martin is coming along, but he'd be the second or third option on a playoff team. Theus helped that team overachieve last year. I don't see the point in making a change right now.

Saw that coming. As I mentioned in the last topic, the commentators would keep bringing it up. You're right, it's a total Wizards situation. The Kings top players were all hurt at the same time for a fair bit, yet they still won at New Orleans. I don't get the firing, but whatever. I think the Maloofs just got power hungry again.

Kings fire Reggie Theus

Not sure how you can blame the coach for the Kings miserable start. There is no talent on that team at all. Kevin Martin is coming along, but he'd be the second or third option on a playoff team. Theus helped that team overachieve last year. I don't see the point in making a change right now.

From what I gathered by looking at box scores it looked like he had a habit of continuously playing Mikki Moore over Thompson and Hawes. That alone should be a firing offense.

Saw that coming. As I mentioned in the last topic, the commentators would keep bringing it up. You're right, it's a total Wizards situation. The Kings top players were all hurt at the same time for a fair bit, yet they still won at New Orleans. I don't get the firing, but whatever. I think the Maloofs just got power hungry again.

I don't either. I do think that the Maloofs are pissed about how awful attendance has been at Arco this season.

Is Dwayne Wade really having an MVP season? THENETWORK! seems to think so, but I'm not really seeing it. He won't get consideration unless Miami starts playing above .500, but should he?

Kings fire Reggie Theus

From what I gathered by looking at box scores it looked like he had a habit of continuously playing Mikki Moore over Thompson and Hawes. That alone should be a firing offense.

I don't either. I do think that the Maloofs are pissed about how awful attendance has been at Arco this season.

Theus was stuck because the Maloofs want him to win now, but at the same time play the youngsters more. As for the attendance, that comes from a share of issues, one of which is obviously the product on the floor.

Pacers bounce back in Washington, 118-98, as Granger and Daniels both flirt with triple-doubles. Only one opponent over .500 the next two weeks. Time to turn this ship around.

Wfan is reporting a rumor of Lee/Curry for Diaw/Barbosa.

The Bobcats have to wait 60 days from the time they acquired Diaw/Bell before they can trade them. But, yes, sources have said that Charlotte traded for those two guys with the intention of flipping them for Lee and Curry. We'll see if that's still the case in January.

Guest Czecherbear

The acquisition of Eddy Curry would really throw the Suns' status as America's Favorite Underachievers into question. Are the Mavericks looking good yet?

The acquisition of Eddy Curry would really throw the Suns' status as America's Favorite Underachievers into question.

Eddy Curry plays for the Knicks. The Knicks would like to trade him to the Bobcats for Boris Diaw and Raja Bell, since they play for the Bobcats and all. Try to keep up.

The acquisition of Eddy Curry would really throw the Suns' status as America's Favorite Underachievers into question.

Eddy Curry plays for the Knicks. The Knicks would like to trade him to the Bobcats for Boris Diaw and Raja Bell, since they play for the Bobcats and all. Try to keep up.

To be fair, the other post says Diaw/Barbosa. I had to do a double take until I read your previous post about the Bobcats flipping them for Fat Albert and Lee.

Oh man when I first saw Barbosa's name I thought Phoenix was trading for Eddy Curry and I nearly broke down in tears of lament for Nash and Amare. Then I realized that you dudes actually meant Bell and that it was the shitty Bobcats who were trading for Curry I started breathing easy again.

Guest Vitamin X
I guess Mike D'Antoni really liked having those guys, though I'm surprised this wasn't just done as a three-team deal in the first place if that's the case.

This is what I thought. How strange. And they have to wait a couple months for it to finally materialize, too.

David Lee gets a pretty raw deal here, poor guy.

Clippers win third in a row. They are 4-1 in their last five games. With Randolph in the line-up they have basically become the team they would have been if Brand had re-signed. They have also done this without Kaman in the line-up.

The Knicks are 8-17 so far beyond the 3 point arc against the Lakers. Last night they finished 6-35 on 3's.

It was even worse than that as they went 5 for 37. After a certain point D'Antoni should have started fining guys for taking threes. Did this franchise learn nothing from the John Starks Memorial Game?

I know, but when you're cold like that it's better to try something different than it is to keep jacking shots up from beyond the arc. If Riley had benched Starks during that abortion of a game he played, the Knicks might have won the NBA title back in '94.

Why would the Knicks just casually throw it in bounds right there for a 3/4 court shot? Seems to me you'd do just as well to try a somewhat risky pass into the frontcourt to get off an actual 3-pointer.