TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

NFL Week 16

and the Patriots lose to the Cardinals (which looks more likely than the Jets losing to Seattle)

Say what? The Jets haven't won a game on the west coast this season (they've gone 0-3 against the Niners, Chargers and Raiders). The Cardinals haven't won a game on the east coast this season. I'd say a Jets loss is a wee bit more likely than a Pats loss this week.

One word of caution: I don't know if that scenario generator is totally accurate because if you input the Colts winning out and the Titans losing out (which should happen), it has Indy as the #2 seed and Tennessee as the first wild card and that is NOT possible. Tennessee has already clinched the division and at least the #2 seed due to being 7-1 in common games versus Indy's 6-2.

and the Patriots lose to the Cardinals (which looks more likely than the Jets losing to Seattle)

Say what? The Jets haven't won a game on the west coast this season (they've gone 0-3 against the Niners, Chargers and Raiders). The Cardinals haven't won a game on the east coast this season. I'd say a Jets loss is a wee bit more likely than a Pats loss this week.

The Ravens need the Patriots to lose at least once in case they lose vs Dallas (as long as they beat Jacksonville), and to me at least, a loss vs the Cardinals seems more likely than vs the Bills.

One word of caution: I don't know if that scenario generator is totally accurate because if you input the Colts winning out and the Titans losing out (which should happen), it has Indy as the #2 seed and Tennessee as the first wild card and that is NOT possible. Tennessee has already clinched the division and at least the #2 seed due to being 7-1 in common games versus Indy's 6-2.

I was surprised when I saw that Tennesee clinched the division already, but I'm pretty sure that before common games it's divisional record and Indy, should they win out, would have a better mark than the Titans, so they would get the bye.

The top 4 seeds are reserved for division winners, while the 5 and 6 seeds belong to the two wild card teams. So given that Tennessee has already won that division, Indianapolis couldn't possibly get a bye. Pretty basic stuff.

The Ravens need the Patriots to lose at least once in case they lose vs Dallas (as long as they beat Jacksonville), and to me at least, a loss vs the Cardinals seems more likely than vs the Bills.

Let's worry about Baltimore beating Dllas before we worry about the Patriots and the rest of the AFC East. Assuming we beat Dallas, we should be fine, and I don't see any of the AFC East teams losing this week (most likely being Jets. There's no way Patriots will lose unfortunately. Arizona clinched their division, their running back is injured, and they're going to NE. When NE needs to win.)

Here's my predictions. I have been doing a pool and I am like 20 games under .500 on my picks this year, due to some biased picks and some stupidity in trying to catch up. Oh well.

Jaguars d. Colts (This will make things interesting.)

Ravens d. Cowboys (Ravens need this game to have hopes at the wild card. Come on, guys)

Browns d. Bengals (GOTW #1)

Titans d. Steelers (I hate Pittsburgh. That's my reasoning.)

Niners d. Rams (Niners are pretty solid all of a sudden.)

Bucs d. Chargers (lol, poor SD)

Lions d. Saints (let's realize something. The Saints are out of the playoffs now. Bush is injured. Lions have played tough in a lot of games. This can happen.)

Dolphins d. Chiefs (They're fighting for a playoff spot. They will win unfortunately. I'd love to see KC ruin their season. PLAY TO WIN THE GAME.)

Patriots d. Cardinals (Arizona is going to NE after clinching the division and NE needs to win. And Arizona's RB is hurt.)

Bills d. Broncos (Even though the Bills are out, SD will lose and DEN will have clinched the division.)

Seahawks d. Jets (It makes me sick, but Jets are 0-3 on the west coast)

Texans d. Raiders (GOTW #2)

Falcons d. Vikings (Tough)

Redskins d. Eagles (Tough #2)

Giants d. Panthers (COME ON, GIANTS!)

Bears d. Packers (One of these teams have a chance.)

Colts losing tonight and next week to the Titans (possible) could bounce them out of the playoffs if the Ravens and Patriots get to 11-5.

Yep. Which I see happening. I always saw the Ravens and Patriots making the playoffs. I just didn't see the Colts going on a seven game win streak, but whatever. Things will work themselves out. I hope. I'm just mad the AFC East have such easy schedules down the stretch.

Yeah, but that would still require help.

Wait, would the Jets get in over the Patriots, division wise? Because if they would, then a 11-5 Patriots team would lose to a 11-5 Ravens team I believe.

That still requires help though (Jets finishing with same or better record as Patriots)

Regardless of what the Colts do in the playoffs Manning has had an amazing season. The Colts are an aging, washed up team in a lot of ways and yet somehow they have gotten to 11-4 and are in the playoffs. Will they make the Super Bowl? I doubt it. But that talk at the beginning of the season of who was more valuable between Manning and Brady was a joke. Brady got hurt and the Pats took a guy who hadn't played since HS and will likely go 11-5. If Peyton got hurt the Colts would be like the Detroit Lions with Jim Sorgi at QB.

Anyway this game tonight will cause some worries in Baltimore, New England, New York, and Miami. One of those east teams is winning the division of course, so that leaves 3 teams for 1 playoff spot. The only team of those I feel sure will win out is New England. If I had to guess who gets in I would go with the Jets and Patriots (Jets as east winners, Pats with the wild card). I don't buy Miami winning at NYJ in late December, and hell they might lose to the Chiefs this week given the close ones they've had against scrubs.

That leaves the Ravens, and as much as I've enjoyed them at times this year that last Steelers game just screwed them. Dallas will figure out some way to edge them on Saturday and that will be that.