TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

NFL Week 16

Guest Czecherbear

I know, I'm stuck with this Cardinals horseshit too. Are they not allowed to go to more competitive games anymore or what? I want to watch anything else but this before I don my Falcons hat for the day, so to speak. Only the Arizona Cardinals could have the ignominious distinction of winning the division for the first time in 33 years only to sputter away in blowout after blowout, finishing 8-8. What a stupid team.

I'd rather watch the Saints blow out the Lions.

Because the Steelers have won their division and Dallas might not make the playoffs.

The Steelers still have a lot of stellar players other than Harrison that have made them the #1 ranked defense. Without Ware, the Cowboys defense suffers horribly, if we're to take MVP in the literal sense...

Either way, the MVP will go to an offensive player like always. The DPOTY will probably go to either Ware, Harrison, or Ed Reed.

I think you could even throw Rivers' name into the MVP discussion if the Chargers can find a way to win the AFC West. He's got 4 TD's today on the road against a tough Buc D and leads the league in passer rating.

Man, the Lions sure didn't disappoint today. Brees should try and run up as many yards as possible so he won't have as much to do next week to break Marino's record.

I know, I'm stuck with this Cardinals horseshit too. Are they not allowed to go to more competitive games anymore or what? I want to watch anything else but this before I don my Falcons hat for the day, so to speak. Only the Arizona Cardinals could have the ignominious distinction of winning the division for the first time in 33 years only to sputter away in blowout after blowout, finishing 8-8. What a stupid team.

What game is more competitive, 42-7 Saints over Lions? 16-3 Rams over Niners is more competitive but not important enough to warrant a switch. This is the only game on that means anything right now. Their 4:15 game is important.

Arizona hasn't gone 8-8 yet.

So how did the Lions go from semi-decent this year to 0-14? Was it all losing Kitna?

Their defense is terrible. I think the offense is good enough to compete, but they've been ahead early on a roll, but the defense let the other teams score like 25 consecutive points.

Nice chokejob in Tampa Bay. These guys were contending for a home playoff game two weeks ago, now they need Atlanta to lose just to have a chance of finding themselves in the 6th spot.

Guest Czecherbear
Arizona hasn't gone 8-8 yet

You know they will, though. Like four of the last five games, they've gotten their shit pushed in, right? They'll rest their starters next week and lose to the Seawhats.

Because the Steelers have won their division and Dallas might not make the playoffs.

The Steelers still have a lot of stellar players other than Harrison that have made them the #1 ranked defense. Without Ware, the Cowboys defense suffers horribly, if we're to take MVP in the literal sense...

Either way, the MVP will go to an offensive player like always. The DPOTY will probably go to either Ware, Harrison, or Ed Reed.

An MVP should be able to make the playoffs, which is why Brees is out of the discussion, and ever since Arizona stopped winning games Warner fell out of contention too. If Ware gets 25 sacks and Dallas still misses the playoffs how valuable was he really in the big picture? Without Peyton the Colts are 4-12 and Minnesota would not make the playoffs without Peterson. Dallas could still miss the playoffs WITH Ware having a career year which is why he's not getting serious mention for MVP.

Guest Czecherbear
I honestly wonder what happens with Matt Cassel next season. I know it won't happen, but if it were up to me, I'd give the MVP to Matt Cassel hands down.

He still has Tom Brady's receivers and line. Let's not get carried away, Roho. I think someone will sign him and get burned. Wasn't this guy Football Darko for a while?

How important is a defensive lineman in terms of winning games? What more could he do, make 40 sacks? We all know who's at fault for Dallas sucking lately and it's not Ware.

Ware is a Linebacker, but apparently James Harrison is cause for every ounce of success Pittsburgh has.

Guest Czecherbear

You're really getting butthurt about this Harrison/Ware thing. The MVP should just be Peyton Manning, the end. Maybe Adrian Peterson if the Vikings win today. I hope they don't.

I honestly wonder what happens with Matt Cassel next season. I know it won't happen, but if it were up to me, I'd give the MVP to Matt Cassel hands down.

He still has Tom Brady's receivers and line. Let's not get carried away, Roho. I think someone will sign him and get burned. Wasn't this guy Football Darko for a while?

If you're referring to me, then no.

Somebody is going to highly overpay for him and while he might be decent, he won't be anything like he was this season. I know that the Niners might not be interested anymore, having gained confidence in Shaun Hill. The Vikings might not even be looking anymore now that it appears Jackson finally developed. The Rams might be an option if they dump Marc Bulger but the list of teams looking for a quarterback really shrank.

If Brett retires, I wouldn't be overly shocked to see the Jets in the hunt for him. But Brett won't retire, I'll know when Brett is going to retire. It's when Brett doesn't say shit about retiring is when he'll retire. He already had his teary eyed moment so he'll be back.

You're really getting butthurt about this Harrison/Ware thing. The MVP should just be Peyton Manning, the end. Maybe Adrian Peterson if the Vikings win today. I hope they don't.

I wouldn't count out Kurt Warner either. I don't care about his last couple of games, he still led the Cardinals to the playoffs.

How important is a defensive lineman in terms of winning games? What more could he do, make 40 sacks? We all know who's at fault for Dallas sucking lately and it's not Ware.

Ware is a Linebacker, but apparently James Harrison is cause for every ounce of success Pittsburgh has.

I must have missed the James Harrison for MVP talk

I wouldn't count out Kurt Warner either. I don't care about his last couple of games, he still led the Cardinals to the playoffs.

He's done nothing in the last four games. That's not the mark of an MVP. He probably won't even play much next week either and even if he does they'd be foolish to let him, Fitz or Boldin play more than a drive or two. If he'd started horribly and then put up the numbers he did then he would have had a shot, but how can someone win MVP when they didn't play a really good game from Thanksgiving to the end of the season?

He's done nothing in the last four games. That's not the mark of an MVP. He probably won't even play much next week either and even if he does they'd be foolish to let him, Fitz or Boldin play more than a drive or two. If he'd started horribly and then put up the numbers he did then he would have had a shot, but how can someone win MVP when they didn't play a really good game from Thanksgiving to the end of the season?

But he still led the CARDINALS to the playoffs. It's not all his fault that the TEAM hasn't played well in the last few weeks. Every player in the MVP hunt has had sub-par games.

Guest Czecherbear
If Brett retires, I wouldn't be overly shocked to see the Jets in the hunt for him. But Brett won't retire, I'll know when Brett is going to retire. It's when Brett doesn't say shit about retiring is when he'll retire. He already had his teary eyed moment so he'll be back.

Yeah, what a dick.

I'm well aware of the fact that there's two games left. I'm expecting us to make the playoffs, as I hope the rest of the team is, but it very well could be my last. It could be my last three games, last four games, I don't know.

GO AWAY NOW

But he still led the CARDINALS to the playoffs. It's not all his fault that the TEAM hasn't played well in the last few weeks. Every player in the MVP hunt has had sub-par games.

Wow, he led an 8-8 or 9-7 team to the playoffs in the worst division in football! His team was 3-7 against non divisional opponents. That's not MVP caliber. On top of that he's had four subpar games in a row at the end of the season. Incidentally he's played like shit ever since Arizona clinched their division, which happened just at the time that they started playing legitimate teams instead of the creampuffs in the NFC Worst.

Three straight losses basically end the season for Tampa. I hope that this late-season slide is enough to push Gruden out of town, as I'm finally convinced that his dedication to offensive mediocrity and reliance on ancient players will never allow this team to be anything better than pretty good. Even the defense has been uncharacteristically porous over the last few weeks. Just blow it up and start all over again, I say. Get a coach who will actually draft and develop offensive skill position players, rather than stockpiling over-the-hill castoffs from other teams. Fuck this fucking shit. This team was 9-3 three weeks ago!

Wow, he led an 8-8 or 9-7 team to the playoffs in the worst division in football! His team was 3-7 against non divisional opponents. That's not MVP caliber. On top of that he's had four subpar games in a row at the end of the season. Incidentally he's played like shit ever since Arizona clinched their division, which happened just at the time that they started playing legitimate teams instead of the creampuffs in the NFC Worst.

All I'm saying is that he doesn't deserve the sudden lack of praise. The defense just gave up 47 points. Granted, the offense played poorly too, but I'm saying it's not all Kurt Warner's fault if the Cardinals lose games.