TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giuseppe Zangara

Have you actually met anyone from the board?

Completely randomly, Smitty and I share a mutual acquaintance whom I actually run into with a fair amount of frequency, so I'm convinced we're going to meet at some point. The world will fold in on itself and I won't know what to do.

There's also a guy on the metro every few mornings who could be a straight up clone of Marvin, though I know he never ventures in this far from the outer reaches of deepest, darkest Maryland.

Completely randomly, Smitty and I share a mutual acquaintance whom I actually run into with a fair amount of frequency, so I'm convinced we're going to meet at some point. The world will fold in on itself and I won't know what to do.

Be underwhelmed, probably.

I will hopefully be working in the DC area in summer '09 but, alas, our mutual acquaintance has moved to Philly so our chances of random encounter are small.

I know I've been in the same place at the same time as others (I was at a Raw at the MCI Center on a visit to DC and I recall someone saying in the Raw thread they were very bored live, I'm sure some NYC based TSMer / ROH Fan was at the one and only ROH show I've been to, etc.) but I was only aware of it after the fact.

I wish that I could meet Porter in person so that I could put him on ignore in real life. Just like I did here before he retired.

But if he retired from real life then that would be cool too.

Haha, Inc! You talked to Jingus!

Aye. He called in to my radio show back in the day. I can't remember if I gave the station's number out on the air or he just looked it up himself. I'd say the latter, as no one called the station on a Sunday evening. Until Jingus, that is.

He never made it to air, because 1) I wasn't running a call-in show, and 2) the decrepit system we used then made most calls—the couple of times anyone ever tried to patch live calls through the board—sound awful.

After establishing that it was me he was talking to ("This is Matt, right? The host of the show?"), he introduced himself as Jingus from TSM. I don't remember if he told me his real name.

Who called another poster from the board only to have them answer the phone, "Age/sex/location?" For some reason, I think it was Milky and Incandenza, but forgot who called and who answered.

Went to a couple of wrestling shows with Muggy, hung out at his house, and I think I saw him working at the movie theater a couple of times.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Me and Muggy and Alf should go get drunk in a field and go TP someone's house.

There's also a guy on the metro every few mornings who could be a straight up clone of Marvin, though I know he never ventures in this far from the outer reaches of deepest, darkest Maryland.

Edwin, I think I've seen the same guy here at Univ of Maryland.

I think the closest person to me is EHME and I ain't driving all the way to Calgary just to meet him.

You're problay the least person I would want to hang out with anyway, you come off as a stuck up cunt.

He never made it to air, because 1) I wasn't running a call-in show, and 2) the decrepit system we used then made most calls—the couple of times anyone ever tried to patch live calls through the board—sound awful.

After establishing that it was me he was talking to ("This is Matt, right? The host of the show?"), he introduced himself as Jingus from TSM. I don't remember if he told me his real name.

The number was posted on the website. I thought I was close enough geographically to pick up the signal on the air, I wasn't, I went to the website to get their online feed, the # was there, I couldn't resist. I think I startled him in a "oh shit, is some internet dude stalking me?" sort of way. Actually half the reason I called was because he played Tom Waits' "Stagger Lee", which I marked out for, that was one really uncensored broadcast.

Oh. Right. Duh. What the hell was I thinking, I have that album. I think he played something by Waits too, but can't remember what offhand.

I've met Bob Barron many many times...

I ran into UhtheSledgehammer at last years ROH afterparty before I got completely black out drunk.

I was supposed to meet up with Zack Malibu, but that never ended up happening...

I'm sure there's more I forget.

You thought you met me at WrestlemaniaXX as I was supposed to sit exactly two seats behind you, but I ended up selling my tickets.