TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

Impact Spoilers for Christmas Night

For the show airing Christmas night

Show opens with the announcement of A.J. Styles & Devon vs. Booker T & Scott Steiner and Kurt Angle vs. Rhino rematch with Jeff Jarrett in Rhino's corner

Chris Sabin b Kiyoshi in the X Division tournament. Sheik Abdul Bashir attacked ref Shane Sewell after the match

Styles & Devon b Booker & Steiner. Post match saw the Mafia attack and Mick Foley make the save. Foley then announced Foley & Styles & Devon vs. Nash & Booker & Steiner for Genesis on 1/11

Taylor Wilde & Roxxi & Christy Hemme & ODB b Awesome Kong & Raisha Saeed & Rhaka Khan & Sojourner Bolt in a match where they all dressed up in Christmas outfits

Kurt Angle b Rhino via DQ when Jarrett interfered. Big brawl at the end involving Sting.

-----Spoilers are very limited with details, so can't say much about it all, but having Foley's first match in TNA under the direction of a thrown together six man tag such as that seems a little underwhelming to say the least.

If I had any faith in TNA being able to book this correctly, I'd actually like what they've done with Foley here. The MEM took out two Frontline guys the previous two weeks, and Foley returning to the ring to stop them works. There's also the thing where Foley hasn't worked a match in a long time...and a good singles match in even longer...so he'll be protected here.

I assume that the plan is Foley/Angle at some point in the near future...so this is all just leading to that anyway. But I'd really rather see Foley vs. Alex Shelley.

Kong in a Christmas outfit? Seriously? I doubt it'll be anything notable, but if it is, the lulz factor should be extremely high.

As for the Genesis match, how scary is it that freaking KEVIN NASH isn't the most immobile guy on either side? It should be decent as long as Steiner isn't in there for a long stretch.

Would've been nice if they had done Lethal/Angle again instead of Rhino/Angle, but it's a Christmas show, so meh.

I wonder if Cheerleader Melissa actually dressed up. It'd be kinda weird seeing the Saeed gimmick dressed up in a Christmas outfit.

Jay Lethal and Consequences Creed just defeated Beer Money Inc. to capture the TNA Tag Team championships in a bout that will air on 1/8/09 at the currently ongoing TNA Impact taping. We'll have full spoilers later this evening.

http://www.pwinsider.com

You know, this company can really go fuck it self.

They managed to fuck up the best characters on the show and the most protected Championship they had, just to get over some stupid ass gimmick match.

'll post the spoilers, but from what it said, Roode was taken out by Abyss and Creed and Lethal cashed in the cases against Storm who wasn't in his gear. I'd say that is still protecting the team. This sets up for a certain rematch.

Jay Lethal and Consequences Creed just defeated Beer Money Inc. to capture the TNA Tag Team championships in a bout that will air on 1/8/09 at the currently ongoing TNA Impact taping. We'll have full spoilers later this evening.

They managed to fuck up the best characters on the show and the most protected Championship they had, just to get over some stupid ass gimmick match.

So you must hate it when WWE does the same thing every year?

WWE doesn't do the same thing ever year.

It really isn't that stupid, that was a bit of an overreaction Truthy. Storm wrestled the match by himself and it wasn't a clean finish. I'd hardly call that "fucking up their best characters".

Did you say the same thing when Punk did it to Edge? Or when Edge did it too Taker?

WWE doesn't do the same thing ever year.

Money in the bank?

Money in the bank is the same exact gimmick as feast or fired. Winner gets a briefcase that gives them a title shot whenever they want. Except in TNA you can get a "fired" briefcase.

The Observer update today says that this show will actually air on New Years Day. The Christmas Night show will be a best of 2008. I watched 2008. The show should be the MCMG vs. Speed Muscle, The X Cup Gauntlet match, and the build for Joe/Angle at Lockdown. That is all...unless they want to reair Global Impact for the first hour...that is all.

The only reason the new show playing this Thursday makes sense is because there is a Knockouts match where they dress in Santa outfits. That wouldn't really work for New Years.

I watched Impact on Thursday, but I'm watching the replay now- I guess after the UFC thing, they moved it to 6 A.M. permanently- and I just have to say, as my first HD wrestling show, this is awesome. I'm so glad to finally b able to watch in high def.