TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JHawk

2009 PPV Prediction Contest

1. Sheik Abdul Bashir vs. Shane Sewell

2. TNA X Division Title Tournament Final: Chris Sabin vs. Alex Shelley

3. TNA Women's Knockout Title Lumberjack Match: Christy Hemme vs. Awesome Kong©

BONUS (1 pt): Whose interference will lead to the pin? None That's a pick, right? I'm going for a huge upset, and picking no interference to directly lead to the pin.

4. TNA World Tag Team Title Three Way Match: Matt Morgan & Abyss vs. Beer Money Inc vs. Jay Lethal & Consequences Creed©

BONUS (1pt): Who will get pinned in the match? Storm

5. Booker T & Scott Steiner & Kevin Nash vs. Brother Devon & AJ Styles & Mick Foley

BONUS (1pt): Who will score the pin in this match? Foley

6. Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett

7. TNA World Heavyweight Title: Rhino vs. Sting©

No Contest

Alex Shelly

3. TNA Women's Knockout Title Lumberjack Match: ??? vs. Awesome Kong©

BONUS (1 pt): Whose interference will lead to the pin?

Awesome Kong

No interference will lead to a pin

4. TNA World Tag Team Title Three Way Match: Matt Morgan & Abyss vs. Beer Money Inc vs. Jay Lethal & Consequences Creed©

BONUS (1pt): Who will get pinned in the match?

Beer Money Inc.

Abyss is pinned

5. Booker T & Scott Steiner & Kevin Nash vs. Brother Devon & AJ Styles & Mick Foley

BONUS (1pt): Who will score the pin in this match?

Devon, Styles, Foley

Foley will score the pin

Kurt Angle

Sting

I should make my own picks for my own contest, huh?

BONUS (1 pt): Whose interference will lead to the pin? Taylor Wilde (attempts to help Hemme and screws up

BONUS (1pt): Who will get pinned in the match? Creed

BONUS (1pt): Who will score the pin in this match? Booker

Am I the only person to go for Rhino in the main event?

I'm using the logic that both groups get a big win in the two main events.

Angle gets his win back from Jarrett, and Rhino takes the title from Sting, causing Sting to get kicked out of the MEM by Angle.

BONUS (1 pt): Whose interference will lead to the pin? Saeed

BONUS (1pt): Who will get pinned in the match? Roode

BONUS (1pt): Who will score the pin in this match? Foley

2. TNA X Division Title Tournament Final: Alex Shelley

3. TNA Women's Knockout Title Lumberjack Match: Christy Hemme

BONUS (1 pt): Whose interference will lead to the pin? Saaed

4. TNA World Tag Team Title Three Way Match: Beer Money Inc

BONUS (1pt): Who will get pinned in the match? Abyss

5. Brother Devon & AJ Styles & Mick Foley

BONUS (1pt): Who will score the pin in this match? Styles

6. Kurt Angle

7. TNA World Heavyweight Title:. Sting©

Broward83 PMd his picks.

TNA Genesis: January 11 (all predictions must be made by 7pm Eastern Sunday to count):

Predict the winners to all seven matches and receive a 5 point bonus. Also make sure to answer the three bonus questions for additional points.

1. Sheik Abdul Bashir vs. Shane Sewell (Shane)

2. TNA X Division Title Tournament Final: Chris Sabin vs. Alex Shelley (Shelley)

BONUS (1 pt): Whose interference will lead to the pin? Kong via Wilde (I don't keep up with TNA..so I'm lost on this one)

4. TNA World Tag Team Title Three Way Match: Matt Morgan & Abyss vs. Beer Money Inc vs. Jay Lethal & Consequences Creed© (Lethal Consequences)

BONUS (1pt): Who will get pinned in the match? Morgan

5. Booker T & Scott Steiner & Kevin Nash vs. Brother Devon & AJ Styles & Mick Foley (Devon/AJ/Foley)

BONUS (1pt): Who will score the pin in this match? AJ

6. Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett (Angle)

7. TNA World Heavyweight Title: Rhino vs. Sting© (Sting)

And no, we're not counting the new match as there's simply not enough time.

In fact, any picks being made after this post are ineligible as we're less than an hour until showtime.

Good luck everybody, and hopefully I'll have the first round of scores up before midnight Eastern.

Am I the only person to go for Rhino in the main event?

I'm using the logic that both groups get a big win in the two main events.

Angle gets his win back from Jarrett, and Rhino takes the title from Sting, causing Sting to get kicked out of the MEM by Angle.

I think the reason is that, at least from TV, even though it's for the title...the 6 man and JJ/Angle are being treated as the main events. I've got those in a split.

I wonder what closes the show.

So far, the only loss I've got is Creed/Lethal losing...but I had Morgan taking the fall so I get the bonus point for it.

Assuming the "suitable replacement" is legit and thus meaning the six man won't count, the scores are tallied and should be posted between 11:00 and 11:15.

With the women's title match not taking place and the six man tag being changed, congratulations go to ExsladeZX for being the only one to get the five official matches correct and thus earning the five point bonus. A special nod to Broward83 for being the only one to score the bonus point for the tag team title match, earning himself second place to himself as a result.

The results of the PPV:

1. Eric Young/LAX defeated Sonjay Dutt/Jimmy Rave/Kiyoshi in an elimination match (Hernandez was the sole survivor--this match was not scored)

2. Alex Shelley pinned Chris Sabin to win the TNA X Division Title

3. Shane Sewell pinned Sheik Abdul Bashir

4. Beer Money Inc. defeated Matt Morgan & Abyss and Consequences Creed & Jay Lethal to win the TNA World Tag Team Title (Matt Morgan was pinned)

5. ODB/Taylor Wilde/Roxxi beat Raisha Saeed/Rhaka Khan/Sojourner Bolt (ODB pins Saeed to become #1 conteder--this match was not scored)

6. Kurt Angle pinned Jeff Jarrett in a no disqualification match

7. Sting pinned Rhino to retain the TNA World Heavyweight Title

8. Brother Devon/AJ Styles/Mick Foley defeated Scott Steiner/Booker T/Cute Kip (sub. for Kevin Nash) (this match was not scored)

The standings through Genesis:

1. ExsladeZX (10 pts)

2. Broward83 (5 pts)

3 (tied). The Ghost of bps21 (4pts)

Aero (4pts)

Jebus (4pts)

Canadian Destroyer (4pts)

King Cucaracha (4pts)

CubbyBr (4pts)

Diamonddust (4pts)

Ed Wood Caufield (4pts)

daileyxplanet (4pts)

shadylpete (4pts)

JHawk (4pts)

Repo Man (4pts)

15 (tied). 6foot9 (3pts)

haws bah gawd (3pts)

Toxxic (3pts)

Didak29 (3pts)

909 (3pts)

20 (tied). The Franchise (2pts)

Vampiro69 (2pts)

fazzle (2pts)

23 (tied). MillenniumMan831 (1pt)

Kristianna (1pt)

25 (tied). Enigma (no show--0pts)

korndogg123 (no show--0pts)

Fartsauce (no show--0pts)

DMann 2003 (no show--0pts)

The Buzz (no show--0pts)

Shooting Star (no show--0pts)

UndertakerHart (no show--0pts)

Nice! :D

Like I said, only watch TNA like every other week, so I wasn't sure about the tag match...then I thought I was screwed when I saw they were hyping a Roode knee injury. But the match went down just like I thought it would with BMInc. getting a cheap win. (As they should have)

Seeing as how I never watch TNA wrestling, I'd say even scoring 1 point was pretty cool for me.

I thought Beer Money would win..but due to my hatred of the guy not named Roode and actually thinking Creed/Lethal would be legitimized as a team..I went with them.

...fucking TNA

I have maybe seen a grand total of 45 minutes worth of TNA programming (and 35 of that was when they still had a 4 sided ring), so to get anything right makes me happy. I choose Beer Money because they were the only team to have a team name.

I thought Beer Money would win..but due to my hatred of the guy not named Roode and actually thinking Creed/Lethal would be legitimized as a team..I went with them.

...fucking TNA

How in the world can anyone hate James Storm?

The man is absolute GOLD.

Stems from when they came to Houston for the July PPV.

I (along with my g/f and co-worker) were chosen for the "Fans Revenge" match and had to cut the promo in the back with us beating up two manequins that looked like Roode and Storm.

After it, I see him off to the side and try to be cordial and tell him thanks for coming out and all that and he just goes..

"I swear to god you had better not hit me in the fucking face with that strap or by god I will fucking kill you...you understand me?"

So yeah, he's a douche and someone should Nancy Kerrigan that fucker.

Stems from when they came to Houston for the July PPV.

I (along with my g/f and co-worker) were chosen for the "Fans Revenge" match and had to cut the promo in the back with us beating up two manequins that looked like Roode and Storm.

After it, I see him off to the side and try to be cordial and tell him thanks for coming out and all that and he just goes..

"I swear to god you had better not hit me in the fucking face with that strap or by god I will fucking kill you...you understand me?"

So yeah, he's a douche and someone should Nancy Kerrigan that fucker.

Or he was staying in character.

The two times I met him in New York, he was nothing but nice. I took a picture with him the first time I met him, and had a good 5-8 minute conversation with him.

Hell, I don't even get TNA wrestling where I live. We can have 3 outdoor channels and 3 shopping channels but we can't get Spike TV, or Sci-fi. Trying to follow the Impact! results online and guessing the results is nearly impossible.

Looks like I will have to score big with the WWE PPVs.

See...from the people who've dealt with him here as well, they've mentioned how much of a dick he is too.

I know there's staying in character and such..but if that were the case, then it wouldn't be him mentioning a specific place on the body for me to not hit him..it'd be more of a "if you think you're going to get the chance to hit me..think again" type shit..

I'm pleased that I managed to get a couple of points here, I definately think TNA ppv's are going to be what lets me down the most, so if I can keep up and do well with WWE events, I might just do alright.

I know there's staying in character and such..but if that were the case, then it wouldn't be him mentioning a specific place on the body for me to not hit him..it'd be more of a "if you think you're going to get the chance to hit me..think again" type shit..

Did you hit him in the face with the strap after he threatened to kill you?

If not, that might explain why he said it.

Did you hit him in the face with the strap after he threatened to kill you?

If not, that might explain why he said it.

I would've, but they had the Atlas security guys by the ring and I really didn't want to get roughed up by guys that used to be crowd control for ECW back in the day.

See...from the people who've dealt with him here as well, they've mentioned how much of a dick he is too.

I haven't seen anyone else mention how much of a dick he is. You mentioned it, and then I mentioned that he was nice when I met him.