TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JST

You Say You Want A Revolution?

December 9th, 2008.

Bodies slamming against the mat, in succession.

"Too quick, Tara! Pace yourself!" orders a familiar Canadian voice.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

"You move too quick, you overthink. You overthink, you lose. Make the pace your own."

The Wrestling Clinic

31, Finch Avenue East.

Panning the room, the camera falls upon the very same setup we saw about nine months ago. Rows of chairs and gym bags strewn about. Crash mats that surround a wrestling ring filled with bumping students. Welcome to the Wrestling Clinic.

"Amazing how much can happen in nine months, Mr. SWF Cameraman."

The camera pans back over to the left, revealing the man who sits at the exact same position he sat last time we were at the Clinic. Tod James Stuart looks on proudly as his five young prospects (among them a girl) push their bodies past their limits, while being guided by star pupil Daniel Smith, and added to his own encouragements.

"It seems like only yesterday when I was sitting here and decided to get off my ass and do something with my joke of a wrestling career." muses Tod, using the cameraman as a soundboard. "And look where I am now. I just went through two grueling days of competition, going up against three opponents that more than measure up. One of them was one of the best highflyers I've seen since Wild Child. One was the undefeated half of the tag champs." he pauses to let that one sink in. "And one was a former World heavyweight champion himself. And now... heh, I'm almost there. Nine months ago, you put my name and "World championship contention" in the same sentence, and I'd have laughed you out of here. But as soon as 2009 rolls in, it could very well happen. I just have one more name to go through.

"Taaaaiga Star." he says, resting his feet on the chair in front of him. He draws out the syllables in her name, perfectly contemplating the uncharted waters he'll venture out into on January 6th. "You're competitive. Fierce. You don't take crap from anyone. I like that. But from what I've seen, you don't seem... to mind doing what you feel is necessary to win." he says, carefully choosing his words. "And you're right. The extent of our conversations is usually 'Hey how you doing' or 'Where's catering?' or 'Do I smell Quiznos?'... As opposite as we may be, trust me, I do pay attention to your matches. So the question becomes: how do I take on a girl whom I've never faced before? ... It's easy. Like everyone else, you're just that: an opponent. Man or woman, I'll treat you just the same in that ring. Just ask Annie Eclectic how she felt after a match with me... I won't go the Annie route and call you a copycat or a mere follower of footsteps. I won't go the Suicide King route of calling you an insecure little girl in a neverending quest for respect. I'll go my own route. You're just an opponent that I have to beat to become one step closer to the World title. So you've gone and gotten yourself someone to watch your back. And he doesn't seem shy about seeing you victorious, either. That's fine by me. But just this once, let's play this one straight. Come January 6th; you leave your big guy in the back. And I'll leave mine in the back. Two out of three falls; let's show the fine people in the U.K. what the hell is a wrestling match! You're hurt right now. I'm pretty sore myself. So rest up. Go celebrate the holidays with your loved ones. Relax and have fun. I'll do the same myself. I want you 100% for this match.

"You referred to me as challenge. Good. Use that. Do your absolute best to try and overcome this challenge. I like you, Taiga. And I've come to respect your determination. This is who I want to see in front of me when we meet. I'll accept nothing less...

"Oh, and Happy New Year."

I'm liking the build for this match, I must admit. I look forward to it.

Sign in to follow this