TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
1234-5678

How am I trolling?

Vitamin X said my posts in the BIG movie thread are borderline trolling. How so? Why is expressing that I think the movie will blow trolling, as compared to the highly predictable and repetitive insults that get thrown Axl Rose's way in any GNR thread I start.....what's the difference?

And I got even more irritated seeing a trailer on TV for this last night. "Coming soon....the BIGgest movie of our time...."

Holy shit....this is really it huh folks? A movie about a fat rapper is the biggest thing ever? I weep for the future.

Even though it's in NHB, the post you made four minutes ago is still a fine example of trolling. The fact that he was fat has no relevance to the movie's merits, and you're almost veering into ignorant-white-person-raised-on-country-music territory by using the term 'rapper' in the pejorative.

I can call him fat all I want in NHB that's why I am here.

It's not racism and I am not anti-rap. Just again, someone tell me how fat nothing drug dealer raps for like three years then dies is interesting at all. He is not interesting, nor is Puff, nor is his relationship with some trampy broad who only slept with him for money and to further her career. Only interesting character in this is Pac, and again, he is sure to just be portrayed as the jerkoff heel. And it's offensive to me to portray this dude (BIG) in an almost saintly light (which is almost sure to occur just based on previews) when he was just some guy who wrote rhymes for money.

At least in 2pac Resurrection all sides of his personality was shown. This flick is bound to be a manipulative piece of shit and it pisses me off.

He would have just died of a heart attack within a year of his shooting anyways. What a waste of a bullet.

Shit. I typed almost the same thing verbatim, and I deleted it cause it seemed a tad much, lol.

It's offensive to you? Seriously?

Offensive in the same manner that a 50 cent movie, or American Idol or anything else that celebrates people as heroic or raise them up to idol status when they don't deserve it at all.

It's offensive to you? Seriously?

Offensive in the same manner that a 50 cent movie, or American Idol or anything else that celebrates people as heroic or raise them up to idol status when they don't deserve it at all.

Depends on who you ask. I think Biggie is more heroic than any firefighter who died in 9/11, because at least he made a difference in peoples' lives.

You can say nigger all you want, btw.

thugzilla_chyna_2.jpg

Remember when JAxl posted interesting stories about fights and whores? I wish he did that instead.

Also, quit saying lol all the time.

Guest Czecherbear

I decided to be a good teal admin and take an official inventory of this dust-up.

Okay. Well, by the textbook definition, yes, you're trolling inasmuch as you're posting incendiary remarks to raise the ire of others. You showed your hand on that one by admitting that you left yourself open for a retort when you asked "who gives a fuck about this overrated douche." That being said, you did so in our Movies/TV folder, where one simply can't go in a thread and say "sorry dudes, this shit's gonna suck" without every Johnny Consensus going "ugh please UGH NO just DON'T COME IN HERE if you're gonna be so negative SHEESH" even if you're right and you know it. I don't think you are, though; as Edwin said, the guy's life was so absurd that it would have a good chance of being a compelling film. You can go in there and say it's shitty, I don't care, just make sure you're having a spirited discussion and not simply baiting. I see no reason to use up one of Jaxl's three strikes on something this inconsequential. If anything was going to be complained about in that thread, I figured it would've been Scroty musing that he can't go see it in the theaters because black people are gonna yell through the whole thing. And not an offense or anything, but Cyber Mark trying to assess Jaxl's rap cred gave me a few yuks. Okay, move along.

EDIT: Oh, and your first post in this thread is pretty gay. A play on "B.I.G." really chapped your ass that much? Pff. And leave Axl Rose out of this and most everything, you dopey proxy-martyr.

Yeah, I was more offended by Scroby's tangent than anything Jaxl said in the thread (though 9 times out of 10, I absolutely hate when people say something's going to suck before it even comes out). Scroby's tangent went under the radar because he never out and out said that he didn't want to see the movie because there'd be a ton of black people talking in the theatre. He just said a idiots in general talking aloud during a Notorious BIG biopic and everybody put two and two together.

Or perhaps he really just was talking about dumb people in general and I'm being the racist for assuming he was talking about blacks, you make the call TSM.

Cyber Mark trying to assess Jaxl's rap cred gave me a few yuks. Okay, move along.

Break it, bop it, niggas beat boxin'

every Johnny Consensus going "ugh please UGH NO just DON'T COME IN HERE if you're gonna be so negative SHEESH" even if you're right and you know it.

Czech, can't you accept that you were wrong about The Dark Knight?

I don't think anyone has a problem with showing dissent, but do so in a constructive way that spurs discussion. Jaxl going: Lol Biggie does neither. Guy was trolling.

I saw Soul Men with a bunch of black people in the theatre. A lot of fun

every Johnny Consensus going "ugh please UGH NO just DON'T COME IN HERE if you're gonna be so negative SHEESH" even if you're right and you know it.

I saw Soul Men with a bunch of black people in the theatre. A lot of fun

I remember seeing that "House Of Wax" remake with a largely black crowd. They helped make it entertaining.

Guest Vitamin X

As something of an amendment to what Czech was saying there, I said he was borderline trolling inasmuch as Jaxl seemed to be pissing and moaning about the fact that there was a Biggie biopic to begin with, and how he didn't like him/rap and then there's the whole proxy-martyr issue he makes in this thread as well. Feel free to bitch and moan all you want here, but the main reason I was telling you to knock off the shit in the Movies folder is because there might be other people who are interested in the film and the guy's life, and it was somewhat reminiscent of MikeSC's derailing of the Fahrenheit 9/11 thread (which, mind you, he was ultimately banned for among other reasons.. namely being a tremendous douche) so I figure in that case, if you have nothing constructive to add to the conversation other than "PSHAW BIGGIE'S STUPID RAP'S STUPID THESE COMMERCIALS ARE STUPID YOU'RE ALL STUPID", please keep it down or don't even bother opening the thread. It is a moderated folder after all, so I had to do what I had to do there.

As a sidenote, what happened to you man? You used to be one of the better posters around here before you ran off and started working in a warehouse for Blockbuster or something.