TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

Sucker Punch's Infamous

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/940/940036p1.html

Infamous is awesome. Period. End of statement. I know a lot of times we at IGN get railed on for over-hyping games -- we tell you a game looks great during the preview period but then crap on it when review time comes -- but I'm willing to put my reputation on the line right now and tell you I can't see that happening with this game.

Infamous was already one of my most anticipated games of 2009, but this hands-on has propelled it to the top of that list. Since Spider-Man 2, I've been waiting for a developer to capitalize on the formula that combines an open-world adventure with kickass comic book storytelling. Although my taste was way too brief -- I have no idea how side missions will play out, how smart the NPCs on the street are, etc. -- Infamous did nothing but impress when I played it. If you dig superhero stories or the idea of a good guy in GTA gets you all warm and fuzzy, it's going to be a very, very good spring

As a huge fan of Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Crackdown, I've been looking forward to this year's Prototype and this title.

Two comments:

1. This is one of the titles that makes a PS3 look like a very tempting purchase for me.

2. F*** KILLZONE 2!

I've been anticipating this one for a while now. There was a video out a few months ago showing the main character jumping and leaping from sign posts to the side of buildings and scaling them like Spider-Man would. Very cool shit, indeed.

I remember the teaser-ish trailer video back when I first bought my PS3 and saying to myself that this game was a must have. Can't wait!