TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CubbyBr

Predicitions for 2009

My favorite yearly thread. Here it is--

-Brutas Magnus will make his debut in in late January and, following in the footsteps of Judas Mesias and Suicide, will promptly get injured.

-Hernandez will get a main event push and be in World Title contention by the end of the year.

-Homocide will get a short run with the X-Divison title.

-The Beautiful People will add a young singles star to their group who will go on to become a top heel in the company.

-Elijah Burke, Ken Doane, and Snitsky will all make their TNA debut by March.

-After a nasty and public war of words, Kurt Angle will leave TNA in September and return to a part time schedule in WWE.

What does everyone else think?

- Sting will retire after running through the Main Event Mafia.

- The Motor City Machine Guns and LAX will get more prominent roles in the company. LAX as singles, the Guns eventually winning their long overdue tag titles. With Sting leaving and Angle's future in doubt at the end of 09, TNA will actually promote from within for a change.

- Foley will wrestle Angle and maybe Sting before Sting retires. Foley will stick with the company through the year.

- Jeff Jarrett will have a very brief title win at Slammiversary. It'll be a feel good moment that ends very quickly as heel Joe kills him.

- Kevin Nash will never return the job to Samoa Joe.

- Shane will win the X title

- Beer Money will continue to rule.

Sting will retire as World Heavyweight Champion at BFG

Jeff Jarrett will turn heel and Join the Main event Mafia

Those leaving TNA: Jimmy Rave, Sonjay Dutt, Robert Roode, Hernandez, Jacqueline Rhaka Khan, Raiesha Saied and Christy Hemme.

Kurt Angle will end the year as a babyface and World Champion.

Samoa Joe will continue to look like a punk until he turns heel.

MCMG will be tag champs.

James Storm will go on his own and be the breakout Star of 2009

The big acquisition from WWE will be Mr. Kennedy who will change his name to Mr. Mister Kennedy.

TNA will make a big move on Nigel Mcquiness to jump from ROH to TNA.

TNA will try to move towards the "Diva" like turn in the Knockouts Division and faze out Kong who will go on to be a Chyna like Figure and win the X division title.

The X division title will be renamed the TV title.

Just like I mentioned in the WWE folder, Hernandez is going no where. He just signed a new 3 year contract. TNA doesn't often fire people, especially guys like Hernandez, who has stated that he doesn't want to go to WWE, and he'd rather go back to ROH, Japan or Mexico before he went to WWE.

When did Homicide say he didn't want to go to WWE? More importantly was it in a setting where he had to work somebody?

Sting will leave

Jarrett will turn heel

Foley will write a book on how TNA sucks.

Joe will continue to be a moron.

Angle will leave

Nash will refuse to job

From Wrestleview.com

We reported on Wednesday that LAX (Homicide and Hernandez) have signed new three year deals with TNA Wrestling keeping them with the company through 2011. It was also reported that Hernandez' deal with TNA was set to expire next month.

Some more news has come out regarding Hernandez. He reportedly wasn't happy with his previous TNA contract and was said to be demanding double what he was previously making reports ProWrestling.net. Whether or not he was given this on his new deal isn't known, but it must have been good enough to make him want to stay. It should also be noted that LAX never seriously considered WWE as they told friends they heard too many negatives about the politics in the company. There was talk they were planning to work for Ring of Honor and in Mexico if they didn't come to a new deal with TNA.

On some of these I don't know if they're as much predictions as much as how I'd book. Also I haven't watched as much TNA as in the past over the last couple of months so forgive me if anything is completely idiotic because of it.

-Cheerleader Melissa (face) will have a Jekyll and Hyde gimmick, splitting half the time as Raesha Saed (heel). She'll also win the belt as Cheerleader Melissa from Kong. Foley will try and get her head right due to his past multiple personalities but it will make it worse and a third personality will emerge, a Cactus Jack as she was a huge fan of his 10-15 years ago.

-The knockouts will get their own weekly 1 hour show on Spike and it will do at least as well as the main Impact program. Gail Kim will return but will start out in the midcard. Roxxi will turn heel, beating down Molly Holly who's doing a legends type appearance on the new show. The fans will turn on Taylor who'll have to be heel as a result. The women will have their own tag belt and the division will have 15-20 full and part time workers.

-Hernandez will get a major singles push in the main division, Homicide in the X division. They won't split and will still be allied and team occasionally.

-A third member will be added to the commentary team, possibly Cornette or a returning Shane Douglas. Douglas will not wrestle or be involved in the ring at all.

-The Beautiful People will split and feud after the backstage treatment of the female interviewer goes too far.

-Consequences Creed will have a complete makeover. Jay Lethal will completely drop the Savage gimmick/homage. They'll feud after Creed thinks he's being dissed as too inexperienced. Lethal will be more over after squashing Sonjay Dutt and ending that feud.

-Sting will turn and get one more run with the belt. Jarrett will turn and join what's left of the mafia after injuries or wrestlers leaving whittles it down. AJ Styles will also win the belt during the year.

_Christopher Daniels will do a worked shoot over his Curry Man character and come back darker then ever, pushing Kevin Sullivan devil type limits. Spike will get complaints but his segments will be among the highest rated on Impact. He'll put Sting over but still be a main part of the show. Worked shoots as a whole will decline down to none as the Orlando fans start putting over kayfabe and rejecting "smart" booking.

-The Dudleys will get one last chance with a tag title run and will put over the Machine Guns for the belts after being chased for months. They'll turn face after "earning respect" from the Guns. Earlier, Rude and Storm will also get a run as faces but lose to the heel Dudleys.

-Angle will continue to be a big part of everything when he's healthy but will share the spotlight with Daniels, Cheerleader Melissa, AJ Styles, the Machine Guns. Foley will have a few singles matches and they'll be hyped to excess.

-Talent leaving: Nash, Scott Steiner, Christian if he's not already gone. The Guru, Daivari and other X division types will last through the year but will be interchangeable. Angle will stay but his matches will be cut down to to more injuries. Abyss and returning Judas will team and ally with Christopher Daniels. The Prince Justice heroes idea will be scrapped if it's not already.

-Samoa Joe will be a full fledged heel after a bitter and hateful in-ring interview, trashing the fans over anything and everything-telling them to stop chanting for him, etc.

-A TV title will be initially won in a tournament by Booker T. It must be defended each Impact.

-Returnees/newcomers will be Chris Harris, Judas, Michelle McCool and Kimbo Slice. Not as many WWE firings will end up in TNA as expected due to budge constraints except on the new women's show. Legends like Road Warrior Animal will still make appearances but not be involved in the main events.

-TNA will make up with ROH and both companies will benefit. Current ROH talent will earn shots at the X division title and Samoa Joe, Homicide, others will make ROH appearances.

Well they're firmly established now, with ratings slowly edging upwards (1.2 seems to be their new 1.1) and a company wide storyline on which to build over the next twelve months.

One prediction I think you can take to the bank - Joe will turn heel, just in time to put the newly turned face Nash over.

-Cheerleader Melissa (face) will have a Jekyll and Hyde gimmick, splitting half the time as Raesha Saed (heel). She'll also win the belt as Cheerleader Melissa from Kong. Foley will try and get her head right due to his past multiple personalities but it will make it worse and a third personality will emerge, a Cactus Jack as she was a huge fan of his 10-15 years ago.

This sounds like a great idea, but Melissa will most likely upset someone or rub them the wrong way and will get crushed by Kong.

Suggesting Kong wins the X Division Title = dumb I'm afraid, due to Spike's "no men hitting women" rule. Which is a shame, as Kong vs some of the smaller male wrestlers would be fun, but hey ho.

-Kong's group will start to be called "The Black People"

-Sting will not main event BFG

I had a dream (terrible choice of words, but it was an actual dream) after Sojourner Bolt attacked Christy Hemme. In that dream, Bolt joined Kong and Rhaka Khan in a group called "The Black Bitch Brigade".

I had a dream (terrible choice of words, but it was an actual dream) after Sojourner Bolt attacked Christy Hemme. In that dream, Bolt joined Kong and Rhaka Khan in a group called "The Black Bitch Brigade".

Like I said before, it's sad how all the black Knockouts are heels.

I agree. They turned Bolt before even bothering to establish her as a character, and Rhaka Khan would have been much better as an opponent for Kong.

So are these predictions or wishful thinking?

Neither. They're "predicitions".

Smooooooth.

I don't have loads or wild predictions for 09, most of mine will echo most of yours. I've kind of lost a lot of the interest I've had in wrestling. I'm kinda hoping that BG's theroy that whenever a democrat is in power in the White House, wrestling has a boom peroid.

-Joe will turn heel and get a better title run, he will also get the job back from Nash.

-AJ will get a title run and will be the top player in the company fueding with Joe and Daniels.

-Angle will leave by September

-Sting will retire, putting over AJ

-Foley will have a match against the MCMG with a "suprise partner" and put them over.

-The X title will still mean bugger all until Homicide gets a run with it and reignites the division. Although this won't happen till later in the year.

-Hernedez will be a main player by the end of the year.

-Matt Morgan will be as well.

Smooooooth.

I was pointing out the fact that the thread title says, "predicitions" rather than "predictions".

Also:

I don't have loads or wild predictions for 09, most of mine will echo most of yours. I've kind of lost a lot of the interest I've had in wrestling. I'm kinda hoping that BG's theroy that whenever a democrat is in power in the White House, wrestling has a boom peroid.

-Joe will turn heel and get a better title run, he will also get the job back from Nash.

-AJ will get a title run and will be the top player in the company fueding with Joe and Daniels.

-Angle will leave by September

-Sting will retire, putting over AJ

-Foley will have a match against the MCMG with a "suprise partner" and put them over.

-The X title will still mean bugger all until Homicide gets a run with it and reignites the division. Although this won't happen till later in the year.

-Hernedez will be a main player by the end of the year.

-Matt Morgan will be as well.

Luke-Owned. :P

Yeah well....

...whatever.

Were you channeling Scroby?

HEY!

One prediction I think you can take to the bank - Joe will turn heel, just in time to put the newly turned face Nash over.

When has Nash being a face ever been a good idea?

AJ Styles will have a decent title reign at the beginning of the year or he will leave for up north

Sting retires

Joe turns heel and the impact fans dont buy it and are vocal about it

Towards the end of the year TNA as a whole will have slowly gotten their act together with the creative dept.

Some ex Divas make an appearance

This sounds like a great idea, but Melissa will most likely upset someone or rub them the wrong way and will get crushed by Kong.

I'd say that one was definitely wishful thinking.