TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

HEY Byron the Bulb

OK really now no messin' no bullshit. Who are you? I can't take the TSM Man of Mystery gimmick from anyone let alone a hard boarder like yourself. So TWO QUESTIONS

1) How did you ever find this board? Back in '04 I don't think you could even see the board if you weren't logged in and that would mean anyone joining probably would have been specifically looking for a wrestling board, right? BUT I know you're far too smart to have ever been a fan of wrestling which makes you, yes, smarter than EVERYONE who has ever posted here except maybe pbone cuz I don't think he ever liked it either BUT THE POINT IS this board was super heavy on wrestling in 2004 and while there were some even back then like Inc who had given up the ghost of fake fighting fandom I don't know why anyone would join here back then just to talk about indie rock but then again maybe you didn't find it to your liking, at least not at first, because...

2) OK, so then you took two years off? Make a handful of posts, disappear for two years and come back full of personality, opinions and disdain for most of the TSM populace? Well that's just unheard of around here and I doubt it's been done at many other boards if ever! Did you just lose interest in the board, only to check it out on a whim a couple of years later and decide that hey, maybe this place isn't so bad. Or could it be that you realized your posting wasn't up to snuff and take a many-month sabbatical watching and learning, honing your posting skills by acquiring the noticeable traits of many other established posters at this board and finally re-emerging with that almost-too-good-for-this-board attitude that makes all the younglings of this board aspire to be like you? Or could it just be that you're subliminal_animal No definitely not he's gone and not coming back I need to quit fooling myself. But I'm sure you were watching just a little because you knew Czech once was sylvan_grenier and who remembers that? Few, BtB, few.

So REAL TALK yes REAL TALK Byron no evasion, no jokes about "Smart Darks" and no 50 pages from your Advanced European Lit class. We here at TSM want truth and nothingbutthetruthsohelpyegods. We won't think any less of you if it's just some mundane tale of Googling "Surfer Rosa" and stumbling upon the board but goddammit you gotta tell us because if not we're never going to believe you're a real person and not a figment of our collective imagination. HEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY

I have a friend who used to post here (I sat beside him in computer class, and copied the URL which is how I got here), and he doesn't post anymore but keeps up with the boards ongoings. Maybe he's someone like that, who just lurked for years and then decided to start posting again.

OK really now no messin' no bullshit. Who are you? I can't take the TSM Man of Mystery gimmick from anyone let alone a hard boarder like yourself. So TWO QUESTIONS

1) How did you ever find this board? Back in '04 I don't think you could even see the board if you weren't logged in and that would mean anyone joining probably would have been specifically looking for a wrestling board, right? BUT I know you're far too smart to have ever been a fan of wrestling which makes you, yes, smarter than EVERYONE who has ever posted here except maybe pbone cuz I don't think he ever liked it either BUT THE POINT IS this board was super heavy on wrestling in 2004 and while there were some even back then like Inc who had given up the ghost of fake fighting fandom I don't know why anyone would join here back then just to talk about indie rock but then again maybe you didn't find it to your liking, at least not at first, because...

I quasi-lurked here for like ~1 year before the registration wall went up. Once I actually signed up for an account I decided I might as well start posting. And, yes, I was a wrestling fan back then (tho by '04 my interest was srsly on the wane).

Did you just lose interest in the board, only to check it out on a whim a couple of years later and decide that hey, maybe this place isn't so bad. Or could it be that you realized your posting wasn't up to snuff and take a many-month sabbatical watching and learning, honing your posting skills by acquiring the noticeable traits of many other established posters at this board and finally re-emerging with that almost-too-good-for-this-board attitude that makes all the younglings of this board aspire to be like you?

Pretty much, yeah.

Hope this helped.

I have a friend who used to post here (I sat beside him in computer class, and copied the URL which is how I got here), and he doesn't post anymore but keeps up with the boards ongoings. Maybe he's someone like that, who just lurked for years and then decided to start posting again.

What was his member name?

And wow, this thread was anti-climatic.