TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

WWE Raw - December 22, 2008

And there's your set up for Cena and Trish, or a long shot of Cena and Gail. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if it's neither, and Cena is by himself and pins Santino rather quickly.

I know folks are thinking Trish, but Gail Kim is also from Toronto. However that might be a let down after teasing Trish.

Was Mickie really hurt, or were they just writing out all other Diva face options? Melina looked a little too "concerned" at the end, making me think that she might accompany Mickie to the hospital or something. Then Kelly Kelly is somehow taken out, leaving Cena without any Diva tag option...

uz getz eh kooky

And for the posters that will say this was predictable, take away the internet and you wouldn't have had a fucking clue.

Being in Toronto would've tipped some people off. However, the fact we knew about this just made it more fun.

And for the posters that will say this was predictable, take away the internet and you wouldn't have had a fucking clue.

Predictable or not, it was still awesome.

For those complaining that the Walls are now worthless, it didn't look as bad as Jericho having Cena in the Walls at Armageddon for 2-3 minutes, only to get reversed into the STFU, and tap in less than 5 seconds. But that's already been discussed in the Amrageddon thread, so onto other things.

Punk vs Jericho kicked fucking ass. These two click very well in the ring.

Trish looked amazing tonight, and showed little if any ring rust. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets an itch to make a limited return to the ring soon.

Trish hasn't worked a WWE match in over two years and she still looked sharper in the ring than 75 percent of the women's roster.

"You screwed Bret" ... It was 11 years ago. Let it go, Canada.

... but that was more than made up for by the Jerichoholics cheering their paragon of virtue on to victory.

Was I the only one who noticed that trish was sporting an impressive five-head tonight?

Or was it just the way she wore her hair and her forehead was always that huge?

I just marked out for Trish Stratus. I marked for fucking Trish Stratus

I'd mark for fucking Trish Stratus too.

Damn you Victim, I really wanted to say that.

-Seemed kind of like a throwaway show tonight to be honest. Not throwaway in a bad way, just a show with no significant angle development whatsoever. I imagine they'll kick back into gear next week.

-I liked Punk vs Jericho obviously, and thought Punk might win going in just to balance the match next week with faces and heels.

-I liked Morrison/Miz backstage with Kelly, though the show needed them on it more. I think those guys are going to be huge, or at least can be. I would love to see a Morrison/Cena feud down the road to be honest.

-I like Kofi Kingston more and more each week but the match with Manu was odd as it seemed to be out there for no real reason, which they've been doing less of lately (aside from random squashes to put somebody over). So I guess this was a babyface version of a squash, but I figured Manu would be winning as he's a part of this new heel stable and all. At least they played off it later with the tension with Orton, but people are already going to be seeing these guys as losers. I figure they'll protect Rhodes a lot more than Manu though to be honest. I can already see them teaming up Snuka/Manu because they aren't ultra-high on either guy so they can do the designated jobs for the stable, while they keep Orton and Rhodes strong.

-If the company knew Batista was going to have to take a lot of time off, why the hell did he win at Armageddon?

-Santino making Cena crack up was funny.

-Still wondering where the hell the whole Kelly thing is going.

-I liked the finish of the HBK/JBL match, and I expect more stuff next week with HBK helping JBL win and then being forced to lie down for him at the end, if they choose to go with JBL in that match. I really hope they do that instead of waste the Orton/Cena match already.

-No Mike Knox makes me sad.

-Trish was a nice surprise, Santino/Beth great as always.

-Regal sure defends that IC title a lot, huh?

-Seems like they're waiting to start that feud until at least next week, if not after the Rumble?

-I thought they'd send of Sgt. Slaughter as a former champ to face Orton instead of giving him a walk.

Also, as I posted in the Batista injury thread, they must not have known about this until recently, other wise Big Dave winning at Armageddon doesn't make much sense. Also with three heels in next week's fourway match, it seems odd, so it makes me think that Batista was originally going to be in Orton's spot.

With three heels in next week's match, I think the original plan was Batista to win over Orton somehow with Cena's help. That would lead to Jericho being eliminated first when everyone gangs up on him, so he can say the world is against him. Then HBK/JBL work together to take out Bats, then HBK is forced to let JBL pin him. So I'm going to guess we get Cena vs JBL at the RR and Cena vs Orton at WM.

Even if the original plan was Orton to face Cena at the RR, it seems at this point that Cena doesn't have many other options for Wrestlemania that make much sense, unless somebody like Morrison comes out of nowhere and wins the Rumble, which would be awesome but won't happen. So that's my predictions/logic behind what we'll see in weeks to come.