TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
geniusMoment

Michael Jackson Near Death?

Michael Jackson in Need of New Lungs?

(Dec. 22) -- Michael Jackson's biographer claims the King of Pop is waging the fight of his life against a genetic disease that has left him nearly blind and desperately in need of a lung transplant.

Michael Jackson is reportedly in need of a lung transplant and has lost nearly all vision in his left eye according to his biographer, Ian Halperin. He says the King of Pop is suffering from an inherited condition called A1AD.

According to author Ian Halperin (via The Sun), Jackson "needs a lung transplant, but may be too weak to go through with it." Jackson's biographer Halperin also claims that the pop legend "has emphysema and chronic gastrointestinal bleeding, which his doctors have had a lot of trouble stopping."

Jackson, who turned 50 just a few months ago, is said to be barely able to speak.

Halperin says Jackson is battling an inherited condition called A1AD -- alpha-1 anti-trypsin deficiency -- where those affected by it lack a protein that helps protect the lungs. Halperin says that due to the ailment, Jackson "can barely speak" and that the "vision in his left eye is 95 percent gone."

And while the breathing woes are surely something to worry about, Halperin claims that "it's the bleeding that's the most problematic part. It could kill him."

Jermaine Jackson, Michael's brother, even commented on the situation, telling The Sun that his little brother is "not doing so well right now. This isn't a good time."

Halperin is a well respected and long-time investigative reporter. He made a name for himself by going undercover and posing as a model to report on the fashion industry in his book " Shut Up and Smile," and most recently skewered Hollywood in 'Hollywood Undercover: Revealing the Sordid Secrets of Tinseltown.'

I don't know what to think of Michael sometimes. The guy seems like a bit of a hypochondriac, so I'm not sure how seriously to take the news.

"You do know he's a homosexual pedophile right?"-Norm MacDonald

I think it's just to attempt to drum up public sympathy that doesn't really exist.

Hey assholes, did you read the link I posted? The "biographer" is some guy who writes lurid, unauthorized biographies on celebrities and the paper that this article from is The Sun, the same paper that said Eddie Murphy was playing The Riddler.

For the record, I'm not defending Michael Jackson. Merely angry that nobody read the article I linked to.*

*And yes, I can't say I wouldn't be mildly upset if Michael Jackson kicked the bucket though. If we can forgive Chuck Berry for being a sexual deviant and a lunatic then surely we can forgive Michale Jackson somewhat. I mean Off The Wall man!

Who forgave Chuck Berry?

Well, relatively speaking of course.

Let's use an example, him and Ike Turner both played roles (the size of their role is open for debate- but that's neither here nor there) in the birth of rock and roll. Both led controversy filled lives. Yet I imagine their obituaries will be incredibly different. When Ike Turner died, most people's gut reaction was "Great! The guy who beat up Tina Turner is dead! Good riddance!" not "The guy who wrote 'Rocket '88" is dead!" However when Chuck Berry dies, I think the vast majority of people's reactions will be "the guy who helped invent rock and roll is dead! OMG the room is spinning!" not "OMG the guy who taped girls pee in his restaurant's bathroom and was a complete psycho has died!"

The public reaction to Michael Jackson's (impending?) death will be somewhere in between. He is too much of an icon to a large segment of a certain generation to be completely villified but certainly alleged child molestation is more condemnable than merely watching girls pee on secretly taped videos (though perhaps not quite as bad as beating up Tina Turner) and violating the Mann Act by hiring a 14 year old Apache prostitute to work at your club.

Boy, I really hope I'm not posting out of my ass here!

I think it's wrong for people to call him a child molester. Innocent until proven guilty, he was never proven guilty. I think the way he looks has alot to do with people's perception of him. If he was still an ordinary looking black dude he probably wouldn't catch as much heat over the allegations.

I don't know weather or not he does molest children, but I figure there's as 50/50 chance of him being guilty and people just accusing him for the money/publicity. Since he was never proven guilty, I will lean on the innocent side.