TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

NFL Week 17

So let's see here.

Baltimore : Needs a win now that NE won.

New York Jets: Needs a win and BAL loss.

Miami: Needs a win now that NE won.

New England: Needs a Miami loss.

Am I right?

NE can get in as the #6 seed with a BAL loss as well.

So let's see here.

Am I right?

NE can also get in with a Baltimore loss if Miami wins.

Guest Vitamin X
So let's see here.

Am I right?

NE can certainly get in with Miami winning if Baltimore loses.

what did mcfadden hurt?

michael bush is a beast.

the raiders probably still won't make the playoffs next year but they're getting better.

not convinced about tom cable, though.

Oh sweet Jesus. Have a little less fucking fun will ya? It also sounds like there are a lot of Dolphins fans there as well.

Guest Czecherbear
it was regarding your (somewhat idiotic) assumption that teams shouldn't bother playing to win if they're not in the chase for a championship.

But you're failing to make a distinction between teams that are eliminated and teams that aren't, though. The Bears had a shot--albeit slim--of getting a playoff berth and a cold-weather home game against an indoor team. The Texans had nothing between now and the draft. So they're 8-8. Okay. I guess this give them "those there braggin' rights" or something because they've had two consecutive .500 seasons, but it doesn't really accomplish anything constructive. The Bears could've at least had their name in the discussion. To be honest, this was a really bad Bears team and they probably didn't deserve to make the playoffs anyway. There's a real dearth of talent on this team right now and it'll only get worse when they're a year older next year. Gulp.

Hey, Lions are 0-16. That's pretty funny.

Czech went from Football Retarded to Football Comatose. They're professional ballplayers. They like to win games. When they're on the field they're going to care more about themselves and their reputations rather than some couch-bound idiot's hope for a fucking draft pick. Christ.

Oh sweet Jesus. Have a little less fucking fun will ya? It also sounds like there are a lot of Dolphins fans there as well.

Some of those Miami fans are Mangini haters. This week on local sports radio I'd say about 2/3 of the Jets fanbase wanted their team to lose simply so the Man-genius can get sent packing.

Guest Vitamin X

Hey look- Favre has the most INT's in the NFL this year. 21 TD's, 20 picks. Meanwhile, his successor in Green Bay had a 4000 yard, 28 TD, and only 13 pick season. Guess who gets to go to the Pro Bowl? They might also both be going home after this weekend, too.

Some of those Miami fans are Mangini haters. This week on local sports radio I'd say about 2/3 of the Jets fanbase wanted their team to lose simply so the Man-genius can get sent packing.

That is so retarded. They can't win the division any more anyways.

Guest Vitamin X

As much as I have a strong dislike for Miami and especially most of its sports fans, I have a soft spot in my heart for the Dolphins for some reason. I like to see them do well. I don't want to see Favre making the playoffs with the Jets even if- and it's time to baffle Czech again!- it benefits the Packers with a higher draft pick. I don't think you can blame any cheesehead for that, though, unless they're these "duhr get rid of TT and MM bring back Favre" idiots I keep seeing popping up around Wisconsin.

I can't believe Ricky Williams dropped that pass. He was wide open after a great play.

As much as I have a strong dislike for Miami and especially most of its sports fans, I have a soft spot in my heart for the Dolphins for some reason. I like to see them do well. I don't want to see Favre making the playoffs with the Jets even if- and it's time to baffle Czech again!- it benefits the Packers with a higher draft pick. I don't think you can blame any cheesehead for that, though, unless they're these "duhr get rid of TT and MM bring back Favre" idiots I keep seeing popping up around Wisconsin.

If Baltimore wins, the Jets can't make the playoffs. And I want the Jets to win this game. I hate Miami fans so much. My best friend is a Dolphins fan, and if the Dolphins get in because they won in New Jersey.. I would not be amused.

Guest Czecherbear
Czech went from Football Retarded to Football Comatose. They're professional ballplayers. They like to win games. When they're on the field they're going to care more about themselves and their reputations rather than some couch-bound idiot's hope for a fucking draft pick. Christ.

What about the couch-bound idiots who insist that doing nothing with 8 wins rather than 7 wins warrants ridiculous boasting? That is to say, the Texans fans here?

Man, if I knew the whole board was going to shit on me today, I wouldn't have signed on.

Gruden in his post-game press conference:

"I'm not here to make excuses, but we did play against some good football teams the last several weeks"

Oh, you piece of shit. It wasn't the horrible defense, the gutless playcalling, the total lack of running game, the pathetic kick return coverage, the endless stream of dumbass penalties, etc. It was those two tough home games against losing teams that did us in. Fire this cocksucker now.

What about the couch-bound idiots who insist that doing nothing with 8 wins rather than 7 wins warrants ridiculous boasting? That is to say, the Texans fans here?

Sure it doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things, but fans want to root for their team, regardless of their record.

Yeah, it is clearly a TSM-wide conspiracy against its owner. It can't possibly be about your ridiculous and lengthy sailor's tantrum you directed at Texans fans because their team didn't fold so the Bears might go to the playoffs.

Guest Czecherbear

I didn't say anything about a conspiracy. I just found Broward's e-chest-thumping disproportionate to the Texans' lot in life:

Now with her pleading for the Bears to win.. to let them try again since the Sox and Cubs were such disappointments she's now thrown her lot in with the Blackhawks.

I think she's hit rock bottom...

What is that even supposed to mean? The Blackhawks just took like 19 of the last 20 points or something. It's a meaningless game for the Texans. It's hard to talk shit when you're in third place either way.

I know why players play hard. I don't think that was ever the question.

This is odd. The Cowboys are playing terribly in a game that means everything, and I don't really care. I think my love for Dallas is fading away.

Same here. I think it's Romo. I absolutely hate him and honestly don't want to see him succeed.

Man, if I knew the whole board was going to shit on me today, I wouldn't have signed on.

What rediculous boasting? I was responding to your whining about why the Texans wouldn't roll over and your childish name calling. As a fan, I want the Texans to do well. It's kinda the definition of the word, jackass.

Hey, let's assume you're right and teams that have nothing to play for should have given up today. So, Bears beat Texans. But then, the Bucs beat the Raiders and the Vikings beat the Giants (they're not playing for anything, they know their playoff seed) and the Bears are still sitting at home. I guess teams should only give up when it suits your team's needs then?

BTW the only reason I'm couch-bound is because of injuries accumulated from years of playing football at every level short of the NFL, from little league all the way up through college and semipro ball. What's your excuse?