TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

NFL Week 17

Ah well. Like I said last week, this team going 11-5 with the backup QB and all of the injuries and plugins on defense, slapping a lot of teams around as they do so, I will take after what happened in the first few weeks. Brady SHOULD be fairly healthy next year, they'll still have much of the offense together and they will be able to work on the defense through the draft and free agency, so this isn't the end of anything.

The Jets, on the other hand......

Brady SHOULD be fairly healthy next year, they'll still have much of the offense together and they will be able to work on the defense through the draft and free agency, so this isn't the end of anything.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Last I heard he had an infection in his leg and if he needs surgery on it, he might not be back until 2010.

Looking at these matchups for next week, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we had four road teams winning. The two NFC games almost look like locks for the visiting team.

Guest Vitamin X

Yup. Last throw Favre makes as a Packer? Interception, destroys the Pack's chances at going to the Super Bowl at home. Last throw as a Jet? Interception, destroys the Jets' hopes (although they had already been dashed) at making the playoffs, also at home. Some clutch gunslinger, indeed. He should've stayed home in Mississippi.

EDIT: Ah, crap. Ruin this poetic justice. Sparano gets the Gatorade bath!

Looking at these matchups for next week, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we had four road teams winning. The two NFC games almost look like locks for the visiting team.

I'd put everything I have on the Falcons. Almost a mortal lock.

Man, does this suck. I can take some consolation in knowing that it'll be the Dolphins and Pennington going to the playoffs instead of the Patriots but that's of small comfort. Truth be told, I'm not even upset - I was inconsolable after the Seahawks loss, but now? Can't even manage anything more than a dispirited sigh.

God willing, the coaching staff will be overhauled in the offseason and a solution will be found at quarterback. After the embarrassing year Favre turned in a season of Jeff Garcia or Byron Leftwich sounds pretty damn good.

Big Ben was just a concussion right?

Yeppers. He's all right, apparently.

The Browns have wasted no time in firing Phil Savage, with Romeo Crennel sure to follow.

After the embarrassing year Favre turned in a season of Jeff Garcia or Byron Leftwich sounds pretty damn good.

You say that now, but Leftwich is even less mobile than Favre. He wouldn't survive the season. Garcia doesn't seem like the type of guy who would play well in Giants Stadium 8 times either. I don't know where the Jets go now.

What kind of pick did they lose now that the Jets didn't even make the playoffs?

Who cares about the pick. They get a 2nd one from the Vilma trade.

Anyway, the coaching staff blew this. You don't go from beating NE and Tennessee to losing to SF and Seattle in a matter of weeks unless the coaching staff doesn't have you prepared.

Congrats to the Dolphins and Chad Pennington. They have one hell of a great coach and that is going to be an interesting match-up. Two rookie head coaches and a cast off quarterback vs a well developing rookie, fighting to see who advances to the second round of the playoffs.

Only Jim Zorn fails to make the playoffs of all the rookie coaches. In fact, the Redskins actually finished the season losing to the Niners on a last second field goal. I don't know what happens there cause I can't figure out what they don't have on offense to fix. Something just doesn't work with that team. As for the Niners, god damn they better sign Singletary now and lock up Shaun Hill. He looks like he has won the job outright now, although a late pick on another quarterback wouldn't be a bad choice.

Wade Phillips might be a dead duck in Dallas although he could easily get a defensive coordinator job somewhere I'd imagine. Marty-Ball could be coming to Cleveland, not sure how that'll work out.

And as much as I hate to do it, I will because the fans have been complete and utter DICKS around here (where I am)....HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!

If this is it for Brett, he had a nice run but he'll go out like a lot of quarterbacks. Overstaying in a league that is too fast for them and desperate to hold onto that former glory. It was his call to return but they way he did it was horrible and cannot be justified. If he comes back another year, I don't know where he'll be. He won't be the starting quarterback in NY and I can't think of many teams willing to put faith in him anymore. Whether Brett likes it or not, now it's over.

As for the Niners, god damn they better sign Singletary now and lock up Shaun Hill. He looks like he has won the job outright now, although a late pick on another quarterback wouldn't be a bad choice.

Singletary was announced to 49er players post-game as the new head coach, interim tag removed.

As for the Niners, god damn they better sign Singletary now and lock up Shaun Hill. He looks like he has won the job outright now, although a late pick on another quarterback wouldn't be a bad choice.

Singletary was announced to 49er players post-game as the new head coach, interim tag removed.

Looks like something positive for the Niners and a great move. I think Singletary was ready to be a head coach earlier this year. They get a line and get some more talent in the secondary (need a new free safety) and they can be dangerous. Especially in the NFC West. The Rams are probably still a year or two away, I don't think Seattle even has an idea who the next coach will be or how long Hasselbeck has left in his body, and the Cards have proven themselves beatable and Warner isn't going to be able to go forever. It's a wide open division and I think they can finally clear the hump next year.

Least I hope so, watching my girl watch them lose is getting depressing as fuck.

I almost don't want to watch this game. It's like the outcome has been preordained.

Funny how if you'd told me the Broncos would have a game in week 17 to win the division, I'd be ecstatic; now, not so much.

I had to cheer Brett Favre for three hours and I almost killed myself. I don't know how you Packers fans did it.

I really hope that wasn't Favre's last game. It'd be a sad way to go out. I'm happy that Miami won, anyway. The Jets couldn't make it after Baltimore won (the Ravens' victory which was never in doubt once that game got going anyway) so there was no effect on the Packes' draft pick, and I always enjoy seeing the underdog come up as logn as it's not a team/person I hate.

I missed most of that Cowboys game while watching Miami/New York, but I have a feeling I'll get some enjoyment out of my new DVR playing back the Dallas game.

I'll be relieved if Champ Bailey is out for the game, but I'd never wish a groin injury on any man.

Guest Smues

The Patriots going 11-5 and missing the post season is just about the coolest thing ever. When was the last time that happened? The only downside is I know I'll have to hear about how the division format is wrong because a 11-5 team misses out while an 8-8 might make it and yadda yadda yadda.

I'd like San Diego to win the West, but since I believe the winner plays Indy next week, and I want Indy to go all the way, I guess it doesn't matter.

I don't think Seattle even has an idea who the next coach will be

Jim Mora Jr. This was set in place when Holmgren announced that this would be his last year. But, yeah, the Seahawks look like a team with a lot of problems, so they'll almost certainly go 12-4 next year. That's the NFL.

I had to cheer Brett Favre for three hours and I almost killed myself. I don't know how you Packers fans did it.

He used to be Mel Clark.

The Patriots going 11-5 and missing the post season is just about the coolest thing ever. When was the last time that happened? The only downside is I know I'll have to hear about how the division format is wrong because a 11-5 team misses out while an 8-8 might make it and yadda yadda yadda.

I'd like San Diego to win the West, but since I believe the winner plays Indy next week, and I want Indy to go all the way, I guess it doesn't matter.

Patriots are the 2nd team to go 11-5 and miss out on the playoffs but no idea who the other team was.

The Chargers are taking it to Denver pretty big at halftime. Denver's collapse here is probably on par with Tampa's.

Playoff Schedule

Wild Card

Saturday

Falcons/Cardinals at 4 on NBC

Colts/AFC West at 8 on NBC

Sunday

Ravens/Dolphins at 1 on CBS

Eagles/Vikings at 4:30 on FOX

Following week

Saturday

Low AFC Seed vs Titans at 4:30 CBS

High NFC Seed vs Panthers at 8:15 FOX

Sunday

Low NFC Seed vs Giants at 1 FOX

High AFC Seed vs Steelers at 4:45 CBS

Predictions for this weekend are Falcons/Colts/Ravens/Vikings setting up Ravens/Titans Vikings/Panthers Falcons/Giants Colts/Steelers