Player Votes

LeBron James (Clev) 1,259,764

Kevin Garnett (Bos) 905,506

Yi Jianlian (NJ) 762,162

Chris Bosh (Tor) 500,700

Paul Pierce (Bos) 313,474

Which of these is not like the others?

Exhibit B

Tracy McGrady is currently slated to start. Again. Even though his production has declined the last three years and he can't stay healthy. But hey, Chris Paul can't throw alley-oops to himself, so who needs him, I guess.

Exhibit C

Brandon Roy is ninth among West guards. Jason Terry and Rafer Alston have more votes than Brandon Roy does. What the hell are these people watching?

Guest Vitamin X

Why, I've voted for Brandon Roy twice! You can vote once a day for like, two weeks.

I can definitely go with Houston being the best of those teams, and I would say that Dallas is the worst. The Mavs really look like they have know chemistry this year.

The other four teams are all playing on the same level. I'd say that Denver would be slightly better than the rest, but the other teams could get better depending on if Oden starts to get an offensive game (and doesn't get into foul trouble as much), Boozer comes back and wants to play defense, and the Suns get their act together.

I don't know their records and I am just going off of what I've seen and what talent I think they have.

Portland

Houston

Denver

Utah

Phoenix

Dallas

I don't think Dallas is making the playoffs this year. But they're a good 9th team in the conference.

Reasons All-Star Fan Balloting is a joke, v. 2009

Exhibit A

Player Votes

LeBron James (Clev) 1,259,764

Kevin Garnett (Bos) 905,506

Yi Jianlian (NJ) 762,162

Chris Bosh (Tor) 500,700

Paul Pierce (Bos) 313,474

Which of these is not like the others?

Exhibit B

Tracy McGrady is currently slated to start. Again. Even though his production has declined the last three years and he can't stay healthy. But hey, Chris Paul can't throw alley-oops to himself, so who needs him, I guess.

Exhibit C

Brandon Roy is ninth among West guards. Jason Terry and Rafer Alston have more votes than Brandon Roy does. What the hell are these people watching?

Yi.......... McGrady............ Alston...........

Do I smell a trend here?

What could that trend be?

Rank these teams from best to worst.

Dallas

Denver

Houston

Phoenix

Portland

Utah

Houson and Denver at top, the rest are close with Phoenix probably being the worst.

Despite lineup trouble, Dallas will certainly make the Playoffs this year though I have no idea where they will end up. They just went over Portland on the road, dominated the Suns before their amazing trade, and have gave the Lakers, Spurs, and other top teams very tough games. They are not nearly as bad as made out to be and Dirk/Terry are having really great seasons.

Hey, look at that, ANOTHER fourth-quarter lead choked away by the Pacers. Jim O'Brien may be the worst endgame coach in NBA history. Why the fuck is Jarrett Jack even on the floor during crunch time, much less taking the last shot? HE SUCKS. Dunleavy can't get back fast enough.

This makes 13 losses in which we held fourth-quarter leads. Horrible.

Guest Vitamin X
Hey, look at that, ANOTHER fourth-quarter lead choked away by the Pacers. Jim O'Brien may be the worst endgame coach in NBA history. Why the fuck is Jarrett Jack even on the floor during crunch time, much less taking the last shot? HE SUCKS. Dunleavy can't get back fast enough.

Makes you pissed about getting rid of Diogu, huh?

A 45-point bludgeoning of the Kings has things back to normal for the Celtics. Sacramento shot 28% for the game. Yeesh.

Christ on a stick. I can't believe how far they have fallen. I used to be a big Kings fan until I realized the organization sucked ass.

Rank these teams from best to worst.

Dallas

Denver

Houston

Phoenix

Portland

Utah

Houston is the best of that bunch. They're starting to put it all together, and if they stay healthy, they'll hang with anyone. I'd put Denver at #2. They have been much more cohesive with Billups and Nene staying healthy helps too. They could've possibly been #1 had they kept McDyess. Utah has some serious injury problems now, but they'll rebound by playoff time I imagine. Portland's a good young team headed in the right direction, but I don't think they beat Houston, Denver, or Utah in a best of 7 this year. Dallas and Phoenix have both dropped off considerably from their glory days. I think Dallas is slightly better since they at least seem to have a consistent identity, even if the talent isn't there at every position. Phoenix just seems lost and skating by strictly on individual talent. How much longer does Steve Kerr get before he completely runs the team into the ground?

Makes you pissed about getting rid of Diogu, huh?

I don't think Diogu was ever going to get a real chance here. I'm not sure why he never got his spot back in the rotation after returning from his calf injury. He was figuring to be a solid double-figure scorer for us, and offensively could have been good enough insurance when Jermaine was out with injury. But he would have been a pretty big liability in the other aspects.

Anyway, back to the list I posted. I think when Utah's fully healthy, they're still the best team of that bunch. Keep in mind they haven't had Boozer for most of the season. I'd probably put Houston second. Other than that, I have a hard time really seperating the rest of the list from one another. They all have some nice-looking wins, and some ugly-looking losses. It just depends on how I feel at the time, I guess.

Problem with that is that you KNOW at some point McGrady or Yao is going to get hurt, and then it all goes poof for the Rockets.

And even if they do stay healthy, the Jazz are going to bludgeon them like they always do.

The Hawks have really grown up as a team. I'll be interested to see how far they can get in the playoffs this year.

The Hawks have really grown up as a team. I'll be interested to see how far they can get in the playoffs this year.

Yeah I think that Ripper is going to have to take back a good portion of his Mike Woodson vitriol... They're a lot of fun to watch. I think that they are one veteran player trade away from taking the next step.

Guest Vitamin X

I thought that was supposed to be Joe Johnson?

Awesome win by the Blazers tonight, without Brandon Roy to boot. It's great to see Oden and Aldridge finally step it up; Roy being out a couple games is just what they needed so that they learn to stop being so reliant on him to do everything. Blake and Outlaw had hhuge games too, and it was kind of scary seeing them play so well even when all the fouls and dumb calls were going the C's way.

Joe Johnson was a sixth man before coming to Atlanta and he can't be that much of a veteran. I think he was implying they need ANOTHER veteran player, and I tend to agree. I do think they'll be a dangerous team come playoff time.

Psycho has the right of it. Joe Johnson, even though he has been willing to give up the rock this year, I still think he gets too selfish at times on the floor and that can hurt a team, especially a young and on the rise team like the Hawks.

Guest Czecherbear

The White Panther had zero points and five fouls in 15 minutes in this afternoon's loss to Orlando. If they get the #8 seed, they should turn it down.

The latest returns on All-Star votes:

LeBron James (Clev) 1,521,272; Kevin Garnett (Bos) 1,101,541; Yi Jianlian (NJ) 959,324, Chris Bosh (Tor) 601,204; Paul Pierce (Bos) 387,105

Clearly this is the biggest race to the ballots since McCain and Obama.

He's closing in folks, it could actually happen.

Yi vs. Yao, the Chinese Superbowl, All-Star weekend in Phoenix.

Edit: Maybe this was happening to people voting online:

yiballotvt9.png

Got that from another board.

It's not just chinese voting for Yi either... there's a bit of an internet movement to get Yi into the all star game:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=860943

I would love if Yi got in over Garnett, maybe it would convince Stern to give up fan voting once and for all. Ironically this wouldnt even be the worst voting snafu ever, those years where a player BARELY PLAYED in the 1st half of the season and STILL GOT VOTED on are actually WORSE than this, but they aren't Chinese so people aren't that outraged by it. Though some nba purists were still outraged at that stuff, like VC getting in when injured most of the period, old injured Shaq getting in, etc etc.