TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Diamonddust

Best Looking Championship Belts

After reading the thread about the Spinner belt on the WWE board, I was wondering something...

What were some of the best looking championship belts throughout wrestling history? They don't have to be World Title belts. Just title belts in general.

Some of my favs:

-The new WWE Title given to Austin after WM14 (I liked this much better than the Hogan-era title belt)

-The NWA/Early WCW U.S. Title (The replacement was ok, but this one had a much better look)

-The silver NWA/Early WCW World Television Title (The replacement was too generic looking)

-The pre-Attitude IC Title (An absolute classic design)

-The 80's/90's WWE Tag-Team titles. (See Above)

IntercontinentalTitle.png

My all time personal favorite. Liked it so much that I bought a foam replica of it through the little WWF store catalog in the middle of WWF Magazines back in the mid '90s. Still probably have it kicking around somewhere in the 'rents house.

WCWBELT2.jpg

And this one is the best. When I think of wrestling titles, this is the first one that pops to mind.

Bradshaw's Texas Hardcore Title.

Wish I could find a good pic of it.

For some reason that belt just always struck me as being amazing.

I'm a huge fan of the belts for Dragon Gate as well. The whole thing with having to have the key to the belt to challenge for it intrigues me as well.

bigeagle.jpg

Hand's down my all time favorite. The mutant lovechild of the Big Gold and Winged Eagle.

IWGPdone20.jpg

This is a MAN'S title belt. Millican did a good job on the IWGP Third Belt.

Picture_0212.jpg

I enjoyed this for the 2 or 3 weeks that WCW used it. The WCW Hollywood Championship.

bg4.JPG

As I stated in the other thread in the WWE forum, I've always had a soft spot for the Big Green title, just for the sheer size of it more than anything.

I like the "classic" IC title as much as the next guy, but I've never understood why some call it the best-looking title of all time.

Yeah, the white strap I-C Belt was just gorgeous. Probably my all time favorite if I had to pick one.

I do like the Attitude era I-C belt though. I didn't like it when it first came out because it was too skinny, but the larger version is pretty nice. I actually prefer it to the black-strapped version of the 80s era belt.

Personally i liked the winged eagle title from the WWF

Intercontinentle title from the WWF from around 87 to 1998. The one previous to the current one.

Current World heavyweight title from Raw, former WCW title.

The world title that was introduced to Steve Austin after the winged eagle was retired.

And the united States Heaveyweight title from WCW.

8567653_l.jpg

I loved the old WWF tag team titles. They went so long without changing them that I was hopping they'd keep this design

The old United State title

NWA_US_Ashvin_Presad.jpg

I always thought the title given to Austin after Mania 14 was too big. Almost cartoony looking

no love for the million dollar belt? I personally like the 86-98 IC title the most. Or the winged eagle WWF title. Remember the 97-98 ECW TV title that looked a lot like the winged eagle?

I liked the US Spinner belt more than the WWE title , if only cuz the whole center spinned

Has anyone ever explained why the '88-'98 WWF title is called the Winged Eagle title? Do we need to distinguish it from the eagle title without wings? Not to mention that every single WWF belt from the '80s and '90s had an eagle with its wings spread. The nickname makes no sense.

Call me crazy, but I grew rather fond of the Undisputed-then-WWE championship belt used from 2002-2005. Here's a fact to drive you round the bend: the spinner belt has been used LONGER than that incarnation of the belt.

belt_wwe_undisputed_v2-front.jpg

The current "Big Silver" ECW belt is growing on me to.

zkm8_ecw2008belt.jpg

Watching the 88 Rumble this morning, the Women's Tag Titles caught my eye as a classy looking 80s title.

WWFWOMTG.jpg

I wouldn't suggest that look today, but for the 80s, good stuff.

I've always been a big fan of the pre-Attitude IC title belt. The ECW tag titles that used that design were great too. The classic world tag title design is also very nice, I'm glad the current WWE Tag Titles use that design. I re-read an old column I wrote from 2002 or early 2003 that referred to the current World tag titles as "refurbished European titles", and I still think that could be true. I've never really been a big fan of the pre-Mania IV ("Winged Eagle") WWE title - to me, it kind of looks like the WCW TV title. Speaking of WCW, I thought their last US title belt looked pretty good. Funny enough, searching for a picture of it brought this link:

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?showtopic=86365

Please don't tell me only me and Jericholic82 love the Million Dollar Title...

x_million_front.jpg

My favorites have been:

The last ACTUAL ECW World title:

ECW-WORLD.jpeg

The last ECW Tag Team titles:

i203772880_52327_7.jpg

Original NWA-TNA X-Division title:

TNA_X_Division_Title.jpg

And I always liked the newer IC title over the classic one. I just think it's egg-shaped plaque in the middle gives it more of a unique feel. I also think that the CZW titles are pretty nifty looking. Edgy, yet classy-enough to make it look like it means something.

Watching the 88 Rumble this morning, the Women's Tag Titles caught my eye as a classy looking 80s title.

WWFWOMTG.jpg

I wouldn't suggest that look today, but for the 80s, good stuff.

I've always been a big fan of the pre-Attitude IC title belt. The ECW tag titles that used that design were great too. The classic world tag title design is also very nice, I'm glad the current WWE Tag Titles use that design. I re-read an old column I wrote from 2002 or early 2003 that referred to the current World tag titles as "refurbished European titles", and I still think that could be true. I've never really been a big fan of the pre-Mania IV ("Winged Eagle") WWE title - to me, it kind of looks like the WCW TV title. Speaking of WCW, I thought their last US title belt looked pretty good. Funny enough, searching for a picture of it brought this link:

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?showtopic=86365

Please don't tell me only me and Jericholic82 love the Million Dollar Title...

x_million_front.jpg

The Million Dollar Title is in a league by itself.

Has anyone ever explained why the '88-'98 WWF title is called the Winged Eagle title? Do we need to distinguish it from the eagle title without wings? Not to mention that every single WWF belt from the '80s and '90s had an eagle with its wings spread. The nickname makes no sense.

Probably just the fact that the wings protrude so prominently. I can't remember too many other title belts with that feature.

Probably just the fact that the wings protrude so prominently. I can't remember too many other title belts with that feature.

Plus the "Spread Eagle" title just sounds wrong.