TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kinetic

Wild Card Weekend

I agree that the road teams will probably sweep the weekend. It's the NFL, though, so I wont be putting any money down on this. Maybe the Chargers will use that Football Momentum, or whatever, and finally live up to the last several years' hype.

Every road team on Pro Line's favoured, 1.9:1 to 2.7:1.

I'll take those odds. It's tough to imagine any home team winning right now, isn't it?

I was thinking Miami might win for some reason as well initially, then I realized I couldn't think of what reason that might possibly be.

Baltimore's been putting up 30-40 a game over the last six weeks. That's frightening.

I don't think any of the road teams are a lock, to be honest. I guess the safest bet would be Philadelphia, but I just have a hunch that McNabb's due to fuck it up anytime. You've got QBs and head coaches with no playoff experience in Atlanta and Baltimore, and SD does have a solid history against the Colts.

Guest Vitamin X

You forgot that Arizona's HC doesn't have any playoff experience either. Neither does pretty much anyone on that team, excepting Warner and James (if he's even still getting carries). I put bets down on Atlanta, Indy, and Philly, and the only one I feel nervous about is the Eagles because both of those teams are pretty inconsistent so even though Philadelphia looks like the better team, Minnesota does have home-field and they have the sort of team that can stop Philly.

EDIT: As a head coach, anyways. Whisenhunt was the offensive coordinator for the Steelers during their Super Bowl run in 05, Mike Smith was Jacksonville's D-Coordinator until being hired in Atlanta, Harbaugh was the Eagles' DB coach and special teams coach prior to that, and Sparano has 20 years of coaching experience, but none at the head coach level until this year.

Who would've thought the most proven coaches this weekend were Tony Dungy and NORV TURNER?

Baltimore's been putting up 30-40 a game over the last six weeks. That's frightening.

Except the week Pittsburgh held them under 10 at home. Miami's D is no Pittsburgh, but I wouldn't expect Baltimore to run up the score on them. They've been playing a lot harder than Dallas and Jacksonville down the stretch, that's for sure.

That said, Baltimore's D isn't likely to have too much trouble containing Miami's offense, so 20 points could still win the game for them fairly easily.

home underdogs are 9-2 in first round playoff games.

I have at least two of them winning this year too. I think Minnesota matches up very poorly against Philly, but the other three could easily win, and Philly has been known to lay eggs.

Guest Vitamin X

Arizona is doing a real great job so far. Damn them for ruining my gambling habit!

Atlanta looks like an 8-8 team just happy to be in the postseason. Terrible job so far from their secondary.

I think this is the first time I've seen Atlanta play all year. When you can't run on Arizona..well when you can't score in Arizona, that's not good.

Guest Vitamin X

Lawyer Milloy clearly cannot play at the level he used to. He's been the culprit of both of those huge touchdowns. Yikes.

Can anyone stop the buzzsaw through the NFL that is the Arizona Cardinals??

Lawyer Milloy clearly cannot play at the level he used to. He's been the culprit of both of those huge touchdowns. Yikes.

They'll stink once they get to the east coast next week.

They'll stink once they get to the east coast next week.

Assuming they win of course, which is far from a sure thing.

If the Vikings win tomorrow, the Giants have to be salivating at the thought of Kurt Warner coming into the Meadowlands with a weak running game. If the Eagles win, it's a late Christmas gift for the Panthers who should be able to beat whoever survives the Eagles/Giants bloodbath.

Guest Vitamin X

Wow Ryan is playing just an awful game right now. Seriously? Favreing it already? Dude, it's only the 3rd.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

That was bad.

Wow, spotlight on Edgerrin James. Talk about a great player that totally fell off the face of the earth.