TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kinetic

Wild Card Weekend

Great coverage by Cromartie. Not a smart pass by Ryan though as he waited to long to deliver the ball.

That was bad.

Wow, spotlight on Edgerrin James. Talk about a great player that totally fell off the face of the earth.

It seems like Arizona does that to once great RBs.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Yeah, but it was really just a retirement stop for Emmitt. That's what old people do, they move to Arizona. Edge was coming off a GREAT stint in Indy, and was still in terrific shape.

That was bad.

Wow, spotlight on Edgerrin James. Talk about a great player that totally fell off the face of the earth.

It seems like Arizona does that to once great RBs.

In the last ten years or so it has been RB's getting good once they leave AZ. Michael Pittman and Thomas Jones are 2 recent examples.

HAHA Matt Ryan sucks

A rookie debuting in the playoffs, making rookie mistakes, and all of the sudden he sucks?

Shut up Marvin. It's his 1st playoff game, don't expect him to Joe Montana-it.

HAHA Matt Ryan sucks

Let's wait to see how Flacco does tomorrow. The last recent rookie QB's to win in the playoffs were Shaun King and Big Ben.

HAHA Matt Ryan sucks

A rookie debuting in the playoffs, making rookie mistakes, and all of the sudden he sucks?

Just wait until tomorrow when Flacco performs similarly.

HAHA Matt Ryan sucks

if marvin just jinxed the ravens, i swear to god, i will hunt him down and kill him...i will kill him dead....

ahem...who'd have thunk the cards would play this good though?

HAHA Matt Ryan sucks

I seem to remember Flacco going 17/23 for 232 yards and a TD vs the Dolphins in week 7 in Miami. And Flacco's QB rating is a lot better on the road (91.7 vs 66.8 at home) which is the 3rd best road QB rating in the league. He'll do a lot better than 148 2 ints and a TD and a stupid safety which is the ROYs stats so far.

I seem to remember Flacco going 17/23 for 232 yards and a TD vs the Dolphins in week 7 in Miami. And Flacco's QB rating is a lot better on the road (91.7 vs 66.8 at home) which is the 3rd best road QB rating in the league. He'll do a lot better than 148 2 ints and a TD and a stupid safety which is the ROYs stats so far.

Ryan was the OROY and played like crap today against a weak defense in pristine conditions. What Flacco did 3 months ago doesn't matter because the playoffs are a different animal.

Previous games' statistics don't count in the playoffs (or any other game), Marvin.

actually, yeah, generally you dont want to play a team again in the playoffs...they have tape on you now, against them...never goes the same way

its the reason why i want to play the steelers in the afc championship game and not the colts

1) beating a division rival is tough, twice in a season even tougher...but 3 times? especially when the games were as close as they were?

2) The Colts rape us. It's like the Mayflower Curse

Guest Vitamin X

I don't think it's likely the Cardinals beat the Giants in the Meadowlands, so they're pretty safe with getting the Panthers if that's the case. Seems like they might match up better.

Man, this is an entirely different Cardinals team.

Ryan was the OROY and played like crap today against a weak defense in pristine conditions. What Flacco did 3 months ago doesn't matter because the playoffs are a different animal.

The way I see it, he's playing the same team on the same field in the same weather and Flacco's playing even better now than he was in week 7.

Previous games' statistics don't count in the playoffs (or any other game), Marvin.

actually, yeah, generally you dont want to play a team again in the playoffs...they have tape on you now, against them...never goes the same way

its the reason why i want to play the steelers in the afc championship game and not the colts

1) beating a division rival is tough, twice in a season even tougher...but 3 times? especially when the games were as close as they were?

I think they stand a better shot vs the Colts than the Steelers myself but..whatever. Im rooting for the Chargers tonight and then maybe the Chargers can knock out the Steelers too..haha.

I think they stand a better shot vs the Colts than the Steelers myself but..whatever. Im rooting for the Chargers tonight and then maybe the Chargers can knock out the Steelers too..haha.

we do tend to own the chargers

the colts regularly rape us and is on a 9(!) game win streak....give me a concussed Big Ben instead of MVP Peyton

and if the Cards play like this all post-season....wow

I'll take the Dolphins at home in an upset. The other three teams are going to lose, and the Cardinals are going to lose badly.

[wikipedia]Some argue[/wikipedia] that a big part of the Chargers' winning streak was Ron Rivera taking over as defensive coordinator. This should make Bob Babich's continued employment even more tenuous, but I doubt he goes anywhere. After all, Lovie fired Ron for Bob, so launching Babich would be an admission of error, unthinkable. Anyway, I'll take the Colts over the Chargers by 10 and all the way to the Super Manning Bowl.

Adrian Peterson's damn good, but the rest of the team isn't, and so they'll be no match for Jim Johnson and his "exotic blitzes" or whatever. I think someone had a slip of the tongue this week and referred to his "exotic blintzes." Those might taste good. I dunno. Someone this week said blintz instead of blitz. Surprisingly it wasn't Sam Rosen, who has been known to muse about food during games.

Well they did just lead the league in rish defense for the third straight year. With Jared Allen i'd thats a pretty elite Dline. I dont get this lovefest for Philly. Seems like everyone forgot this team got molested by Baltimore a month ago, tied the Bungles and scored 3 points in Washington. Not saying the Vikings are a overall elite team but its crazy to me this complete love-fest the Eagles are in the middle of.

The way I see it, he's playing the same team on the same field in the same weather and Flacco's playing even better now than he was in week 7.

Yup, and Miami's the same team as they were back then despite winning 9 out of their 10 games since then. Do you think you could even once try to be objective? Rookie QBs struggle in the playoffs as YOU JUST SAW, but of course the Ravens are immune to all things and should easily win their next 4 games by a combined score of 124-0 with Flacco throwing for 300+ every game with a total of 13 TDs and 0 INTs.

Yup, and Miami's the same team as they were back then despite winning 9 out of their 10 games since then. Do you think you could even once try to be objective? Rookie QBs struggle in the playoffs as YOU JUST SAW, but of course the Ravens are immune to all things and should easily win their next 4 games by a combined score of 124-0 with Flacco throwing for 300+ every game with a total of 13 TDs and 0 INTs.

Well at least you acknowledged the Ravens #3 ranked defense.

and the Chargers are rockin the powder blues despite supposedly selling them for Charity.

Has NBC been using that God awful "Are You Ready for Some Football" knockoff all season or is it just to make the playoffs feel special? Do the networks really think pepole need this sort of thing to pump them up for the game?

Has NBC been using that God awful "Are You Ready for Some Football" knockoff all season or is it just to make the playoffs feel special? Do the networks really think pepole need this sort of thing to pump them up for the game?

I actually dont mind the "waitin all day for Sunday night" version that they used before SNF with Faith Hill this year.

Last year was a different story..ugh..