TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kinetic

Wild Card Weekend

The Chargers need to finish the job next week and beat the Steelers.

A west coast team winning out east? Shyeah, right.

If the damn Raiders can do it, none of them have an excuse anymore. I mean come on, THE RAIDERS DID IT! THE RAIDERS!

Guest Agent of Oblivion

It's weird. This is the second year in a row the Chargers have knocked the Colts out of the playoffs, yet I can't hate that team like I do the Patriots. In fact, I hope they do very well! This is an exciting team with a lot of really good players.

But why oh why couldn't Denver just win one of those last three games? Would've had different results tonight.

Has Dotel's dick gone limp?

Well, the illegal contact penalty that the Colts bitched and moaned about the refs not calling a few years ago coming back to bite them in the ass this year is awesome, as is any time the Colts are eliminated, so....

excitedotel.jpg

Hey, Raven fans, you guys didn't beat the Colts, the Chargers did.

But the Ravens will beat the Chargers to go to the Super Bowl! the Chargers can do the Ravens dirty work beating the Colts/Steelers..awesome.

The Ravens have to go to California from Tennessee to get to the Super Bowl in Tampa like they did in 2001. It all makes sense! YES!

Weird parellell to the 2000 playoffs..the Colts lost in OT 23-17 to the Dolphins in the Wild Card game who won the AFC East that year.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Marvin, I'll bet you five dollars the Ravens don't make it out of the first round.

Ugh, what a hideous day of football, not so much because these games were bad (they weren't) but the outcomes produce the worst possible crap for the next round. There's literally nothing compelling about the Cardinals beating the Falcons so that they can be beaten by 4 TDs next week. But that pales next to the potential nightmare that would be San Diego advancing past next week. Keep in mind if they win and the Ravens also reach the AFC title game then that game would be in San Diego. Yes, at 8-8 the Chargers would host the AFC title game.

That said, I knew deep down the Colts weren't any good this year. They won mostly on smoke and mirrors. But what in the hell were they doing with that 3rd and 2 with 2:30 remaining? Why on earth would they remotely line up in a shotgun there? Why pass at all? Just hand it to Addai, get 2-3 yards, and move on to the next round.

With this loss tonight the Colts are now officially the Atlanta Braves of football.

[wikipedia]Some argue[/wikipedia] that a big part of the Chargers' winning streak was Ron Rivera taking over as defensive coordinator. This should make Bob Babich's continued employment even more tenuous, but I doubt he goes anywhere. After all, Lovie fired Ron for Bob, so launching Babich would be an admission of error, unthinkable. Anyway, I'll take the Colts over the Chargers by 10 and all the way to the Super Manning Bowl.

Colts

The Chargers worry me, but I think the Colts are good enough to take them out again.

Colts by 3 - when in doubt pick Peyton

Indianapolis over SD - This was a close game last time out, and I think it'll be close again, with Indianapolis pulling out a 27-24 win or whatever.

Colts

Colts 28, Chargers 24. Same score as last year, but different actual result. Does anyone realize the sheer folly that could occur if the Chargers somehow get to the AFC title game and play the Ravens? Yes, a crappy 8-8 team could have home field in the AFC title game. Nip this in the bud, Peyton.

Colts over Chargers -- Hopefully the Colts' win in San Diego put an end to the whole "Chargers have their number" thing. This will be sweet payback for the playoff game in Indy last year. The Chargers just don't have a good enough defence to stop the Colts, and if Bob Sanders is healthy, the Colts can definitely stop the Chargers. Right now, Indianapolis is my pick to represent the AFC in Tampa.

Happy Elimination Day, TSM: Part Two.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Cabbageboy, you're still a retard. The Colts allowed SIX passing TDs this year. Tony Dungy, with his wins this season, did what Landry and Noll could not. Peyton Manning won his third MVP award. Marvin Harrison is only behind that Rice guy in all time receptions. They're absolutely good. Bad teams don't win nine straight games on gimmicks and luck.

I sort of wish it's a Cards or Eagles/Chargers Super Bowl... I'd just like to see all the fans that would blow up over teams barely making a .500 record play for the biggest game of the year... man, I could just imagine the first in line with complaints would be Patriot fans.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Well, with the Colts out, I'm now watching the rest of the playoffs completely objectively. This will be strange.

I was going to add that we were one step closer to a Chargers/Cardinals nightmare scenario, but I thought it would be missed under Dotel. This season's been a complete clusterfuck anyway, so I'm now EXPECTING that game to come about.

A team just won of the best playoff games of this decade and them going to the Super Bowl would make it suck because of an 8-8 record?

Well technically they are 9-8 now. If they made it to the SB they'd have 11 wins which is what the Patriots had..if they win the SB they'd have 12 and thus > Patriots.

Marvin, I'll bet you five dollars the Ravens don't make it out of the first round.

I don't think I wanna take your bet at this point, AoO. I'm halfway to 0-4 on my 'all road winners' pick. Hey, anyone remember in week 12 when I said the Chargers would get into the playoffs? Halfway to being washed away altogether.

I really don't like that crew of refs as they usually let something badly slide the whole game, while calling petty bullshit that most officials wouldn't even bat an eye at. This game, it was McNeil raping Freeney and committing the most blatant facemasks I've seen. Shit happened throughout the whole game and I counted about seven times where a flag should of been thrown.

With Peyton Manning and Colts being kryptonite to my Ravens, I'm glad to see them gone.

However, I do think it sucks that the officials factored so heavily into the outcome of the game. I hope that crew is done for the rest of the playoffs.

Well, I picked both of saturday's games correctly. Hopefully the Ravens and Vikings can make it a clean sweep this weekend.

There sure is a lot of suckage in this topic. The Chargers probably won't win next week. If they do make it to the AFC Title, they'd have beaten a 12-4 team at home and a very good team on the road. They'd have "earned" it. And I seriously doubt we're on the verge of a Chargers/Cardinals Super Bowl, although that would be great.