TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

The 2009 NFL Offseason

Sage to Vikes for 4th rounder

Not official as nothing can be until Friday, but it seems like Sage is being shipped out to Minny for a draft pick when we could've done this last year and got a 3rd rounder.

Talk is Kubiak wanting to get a "veteran QB" to come in and back up Schaub but for the life of me I wouldn't know who we could bring it.

Meh, maybe you all in Viking land can ride the Rosen-copter to new heights.

Guest Vitamin X

I love it. Minnesota is really reaching for the stars here. Gus Frerotte, Tavares Jackson, and Sage Rosenfels? Be still my beating heart!

All I have to say is the Vikes really lucked out in drafting Adrian Peterson that one year because otherwise what in the hell would they have offensively?

Chester Taylor won me the TSM Fantasy Football League last year. I love Chester Taylor. I firmly believe that he should be in a situation where he gets more touches. He was usually great when called upon last year for the Vikings. Put him in Miami and I genuinely think that the Dolphins are Super Bowl contenders. Really.

Guest Vitamin X

The Dolphins already have a Pro Bowl running back in Ronnie Brown and technically Ricky Williams as well. How would they benefit from Chester Taylor?

Or, as the most annoying meme in TSM history would go, How would acquiring Chester Taylor get the Dolphins closer to a championship?

Guest Vitamin X

So once Philadelphia acquires TJ Houshmandzadeh, Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, Chester Taylor, and Torry Holt, then they can finally contend for a championship, right?

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I admittedly threw a lot of shit at the wall in my second round, there. I'll be updating that as we go (just did). My first round I'm confident in.

And my god the word Rosencopter sends me into gales of laughter every time I read it. That game was so awesome.

The Dolphins already have a Pro Bowl running back in Ronnie Brown and technically Ricky Williams as well. How would they benefit from Chester Taylor?

Or, as the most annoying meme in TSM history would go, How would acquiring Chester Taylor get the Dolphins closer to a championship?

The single wing was so last year. This'll be the year of the wishbone.

The single wing was so last year. This'll be the year of the wishbone.

Last year I think Czech, mighta been Agent was jokingly suggesting the Bears just line up with two/three RB's every down and run a wishbone/Power I triple option offense and Porter flipped out.

I still think it would be funny shit to try.

Guest Vitamin X

I think it was Agent who suggested that. I'm not sure Czech knows/cares enough about football to suggest that, but he'd probably agree with that as well.

Talk is Kubiak wanting to get a "veteran QB" to come in and back up Schaub but for the life of me I wouldn't know who we could bring it.

Brooks Bollinger is an UFA.

Guest Czech please!

Won't make it out of camp. Singletary thinks he can "save him" or some shit. Singletary is an idiot, then. He won't be good enough to get back in the league, I don't want to see him get back in the league, and I don't want to see the media fawning over him getting back in the league. The Booyahs drying their eyes and wistfully asking "maybe he'll [sniffle] still be able to return kicks?" was pathetic. There are plentiful superior alternatives to signing Michael Vick.

I predicted that Vick would never take another snap in the NFL when the dogfighting thing first broke, and I don't see any reason to change my mind on that. Signing him would be a tremendous risk for any team to take, both from a football standpoint and from a business standpoint. Why run the risk of alienating your fanbase by picking up a guy who is admittedly a great athlete, but was ultimately proven to be a marginal football player? And don't think that GMs haven't noticed how guys like Roddy White and Michael Jenkins have thrived working with a real quarterback.

In other news, Marvin Harrison is now officially an ex-Colt. I like naiwf's idea about him ending up with the Giants. I'm sure Harrison will want to play for a winner, and it's pretty easy to see how he could fit in for them with both Burress and Toomer gone.

Also, I guess there's a decent chance that the Redskins will be signing Haynesworth to a huge contract once free agency starts. Good or bad idea?

In other news, Marvin Harrison is now officially an ex-Colt. I like naiwf's idea about him ending up with the Giants. I'm sure Harrison will want to play for a winner, and it's pretty easy to see how he could fit in for them with both Burress and Toomer gone.

I like the idea of the receiving corps of Harrison, Hixon, Smith, an early round draft pick, and Boss (TE). Plus Jacobs is coming back as the franchise player and Bradshaw will try to fill the void of Ward, who will probably leave via free agency. If he has anything left, Marvin can be Eli's safety net the way Toomer has been since he was a rook. The OLine is stacked with monsters.

And please release Sinorice Moss already. He's a failure.

Michael Vick was having a lot of problems at QB before the two year layoff. I would take a chance on him as a backup, but any coach planning on starting him right away is insane. His career average completion percentage is 53.8%. That's just abysmal.

If Boldin is truly going to be gone from the Cardinals, for some bizarre reason I could see him end up with the Cardinals. I could see him being the underneath reciever, Breaston being the deep ball and Fitzgerald doing what he does.

I liked whoever did the mock draft had the Cardinals take Lauriniatus. I think he could be a steal for them. I hadn't heard about Knowshawn Moreno's stock rising to reach the first 1/3 of the draft. I had heard that he was a late 1st rounder a couple of weeks ago.

Also, I guess there's a decent chance that the Redskins will be signing Haynesworth to a huge contract once free agency starts. Good or bad idea?

I fully expect Haynesworth to be a huge bust for whoever signs him. He was a fat lazy asshole prior to his contract year when he miraculously turned from marginal starter to MVP candidate overnight, once he gets the big money he's been chasing and doesn't have a reason to care anymore the old face-stomping Albert will be back.

Hopefully the Titans let someone else take the $100 million gamble on him.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
I liked whoever did the mock draft had the Cardinals take Lauriniatus. I think he could be a steal for them.

The mock's mine. If Lauriniatus isn't there, Clint Sintim definitely will.

Guest Vitamin X

I was actually expecting the Packers to take on Laurentiis had they not switched to the 3-4. That said, I think they've got the fatties necessary to play the 3 down linemen, but a huge nosetackle would be nice.

Well. The Bucs have released Derrick Brooks, Joey Galloway, Ike Hilliard, Cato June, and Warrick Dunn. The only one that's a little bit of a head-scratcher on that list is June, as I thought the idea behind signing him in the first place was for him to eventually replace Brooks. In any event, fuck yes, and god bless you, Raheem Morris. I admire that he has the balls to finally start clearing out all the deadwood that Gruden had let accumulate on the roster. I only wish that Brooks had been honest enough with himself to see that his skills were seriously deteriorating, and had left of his own accord. Sucks to have another unamicable parting with one of the key cogs of our Super Bowl team, but whatever. This team should look completely different next year, and frankly it's about fucking time.

That said, this team now has a hell of a lot of holes to fill. QB, HB, WR, DT, DE, and LB are all areas of need. My previous suggestion that the team will trade out of the first round to get more picks is looking more likely than ever.

12 Denver Broncos- Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State: They fuckin' ran out of RBs last season. Wells is a NFL Starter talent immediately and the best RB on the board. This is probably the most obvious Need+Available player combination on my list.

No chance does this happen. The Broncos are fine at RB with the guys that are coming back, last season was a complete freak occurrence.

If Denver doesn't go defence in the first two rounds at least, I'm driving there and punching Brian Xanders in the face.