TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

The 2009 NFL Offseason

Guest Agent of Oblivion
No chance does this happen. The Broncos are fine at RB with the guys that are coming back, last season was a complete freak occurrence.

If Denver doesn't go defence in the first two rounds at least, I'm driving there and punching Brian Xanders in the face.

I thought of this, but I'm not sure of who they'd take that high. Maualuga? Tyson Jackson? I don't see BJ Raji getting past Green Bay unless they really like Everette Brown. If he does, Denver will be all over him, since they're going to implement a 3-4 under their new coach.

Guest Czech please!

After six long years, the Rex Grossman era is officially over today. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but the team's overcommitment to him in order to justify the draft pick sunk his career and, in some sense, the fortunes of the Bears. It's hard to feel bad for his setbacks, whether from injury or futility, when he was always guaranteed his job back, irrespective of his replacements' performances, and while I get that Packers-Bears was a meaningless game in the context of the 2006 regular season, saying "who cares, it was New Year's Eve" when 65,000some people have paid handsomely to spend their New Year's Eve at what they hoped would be a good rivalry game is going to scuttle your popularity for the rest of your days. He'll catch on as a backup with the Texans for a year and then take a job as assistant quarterbacks coach at a mid-major, where we will never speak of him again.

No chance does this happen. The Broncos are fine at RB with the guys that are coming back, last season was a complete freak occurrence.

If Denver doesn't go defence in the first two rounds at least, I'm driving there and punching Brian Xanders in the face.

I thought of this, but I'm not sure of who they'd take that high. Maualuga? Tyson Jackson? I don't see BJ Raji getting past Green Bay unless they really like Everette Brown. If he does, Denver will be all over him, since they're going to implement a 3-4 under their new coach.

I honestly don't see Raji even making it to Green Bay. I'm really hoping they'll try to trade up to get him, because he would be a perfect fit in Denver. If not, I've heard good things about Jackson. Maualuga may be slipping a bit from what I've read. I saw one article that suggested Animal Jr., but that seems like a real reach.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

First, foremost, and by far most importantly: Rex Grossman is a worthless fag and I hope he dies in a car fire.

Secondly:

I honestly don't see Raji even making it to Green Bay.

That's a bold statement. He's not going 1, 2, or 3. Do you think Seattle's going to freak everyone out and try to grow some defensive balls? That's an interesting scenario, actually.

That's a bold statement. He's not going 1, 2, or 3. Do you think Seattle's going to freak everyone out and try to grow some defensive balls? That's an interesting scenario, actually.

The Packers don't pick until 9. I can definitely see him going in the 6-8 range.

If Seattle picks another DL I'm gonna lose it on this team. OL, CB, and TE are the priorities that this team needs right now.

If Seattle picks another DL I'm gonna lose it on this team. OL, CB, and TE are the priorities that this team needs right now.

TE? Don't you have John Carlson?

TE? Don't you have John Carlson?

You're not very good at leaving the board.

I'm hoping the Saints trade down in the draft, since they're woefully short on draft picks. And they must get a safety or CB

Maybe I'm buying into the hype too much, but I think John Carlson's a future star.

I still think they need a legit #1 wide receiver. Not sure if Crabtree is that guy or not, but I hope he is.

Guest Vitamin X

I agree. Seattle needs an offense more than anything- their defensive failures last year were a bit of a mystery since they had a pretty decent one the year before and then just totally sunk it with essentially the same group of guys last year. The secondary definitely needs some help too, I guess, but yeah they've got way more problems on the offensive side of the ball than anything.

And I am really not sure if Green Bay needs/wants to stay at #9. I think if they have an opportunity to make a big trade (*cough*Julius Peppers*cough*) they're going to take it. It's not a foregone conclusion they'll take a DT, either. They've got an okay group if they play in a 3-4, all they need are some big fat dudes who can stay healthy and take up space so that the linebackers can make plays. With a healthy Cullen Jenkins, Ryan Pickett, Johnny Jolly, and Colin Cole (not to mention fat constantly injured 1st round bust POS Justin Harrell) they should be fine on that front. I think they need to shore up at linebacker, to be honest- Hawk and Barnett are both good, but they've been struggling with getting a decent 3rd guy for a long time now. Poppinga can't play the pass and Chillar can't play the run- plus, this draft is loaded with defensive line talent so they can wait another round to get a good player there.

They might even go for an offensive lineman, even. Clifton had a terrible year last year plus he's getting older, and Tauscher may be done. That's both tackles, and the interior line play wasn't all that good until later in the year, either. One of the biggest problems the team had last year was that they couldn't maintain any sort of consistency on the offensive line either, which was why they struggled with run blocking so much at the beginning of the year. I wonder if Andre Smith falls to them with the dreaded "character issues" if Green Bay jumps at the chance to nab him?

Czech, if Grossman finds his way onto the Texans squad I will somehow track you down and hurt you. I don't know how.. I don't know when and I don't know with what, but god dammit...I will end you if that happens.

Dolphins sign Gibril Wilson.

According to a source, Wilson agreed to a five-year, $27.5 million deal with the Dolphins that included $8 million in guarantees. He is scheduled to make $12 million over the first two years of the contract and $16.5 million over the first three.

To me, Rex grossman is like Kyle Boller-they had potential, but they didn't have the mind for football to work for it, so now they'll always be decent backups

they were just your prototypical QBs with big powerful arms, no accuracy, and both were a little shorter. I don't really understand why scouts were jerking off over their supposed level of play. I'd rather have Rosencopter than either of them.

Speaking of the Redskins burning money, they gave Albert Haynesworth a 7 year contract for $100 million (potentially as much as $115 million) with $41 million guaranteed. Daniel Snyder truly never learns.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Oh man, that team's going to either implode in hilarious fashion, or else stomp the guts out of their division.

Patriots signed Fred Taylor. Love this signing since Maroney is garbage and with the RBBC they had last year they were actually pretty successfull. Only makes their offense more potent.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Oh, shit.

As a Colts fan, I've learned to hate and fear Fred Taylor on fresh legs. Patroits are loaded for bear next season. Maybe somebody will kneecap Welker.

The Ravens are going to lose Jason Brown, Bart Scott and Ray Lewis AND possibly Matt Stover.

Ray Lewis isn't going anywhere...he's just jockeying for more money, and Brown will probably get a sweet deal too.

But Scott and Stover? yeah, they're gone

Kellen Winslow II to the Bucs for draft picks.

Depending on what draft picks, good move for the Bucs. They are going to need offensive weapons since they pretty much got rid of all their weapons.

Tight end is certainly not our biggest need, but I still like the move. If he can keep his head on straight and stay off the motorcycles, Winslow has the talent to be a top 5 TE. I'd say he's definitely worth the picks I'm hearing we gave up for him, which is a 2nd or a 3rd and 5th. If we only had a quarterback to throw it to him...

Eagles news:

- Signed Stacy Andrews

- Made an offer to Brian Dawkins and Tra Thomas

- Lost Correll Buckhalter to the Broncos

- Lost LJ Smith to the Falcons

- Sean Considine is visiting the Jaguars

Update: Brian Dawkins is in Denver for a visit.