TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

The 2009 NFL Offseason

No, the tag is lifted when he signs the long-term deal. The reason guys bitch about getting tagged is that they want the relative stability and increased guaranteed money that comes with a long-term deal.

I'd like to see Tampa make a few more moves here in the couple of days, but it looks like they've perhaps wisely decided not to mortgage their future on a high-priced FA. Names I'm seeing that could possibly end up Bucs are Jonathan Vilma, Kevin Jones, and Michael Boley. So they're not letting that $61 million in cap room burn a hole in their pocket, but that's probably for the best.

It looks like Housh is going to the Seahawks. I hope he breaks a leg or has a shitty season as he's not catching all of the balls Chad Johnson's getting covered for.

There's no way Dawkins can leave. Just offer him a 2-3 year deal and then badger him to retire if he ends up sucking. I can't see how they can offer him a 1 year deal after last season.

Groomer has it that the Bucs are trying to swing another trade for Oakland RB Michael Bush. I'd be fucking thrilled with that, as I've always liked the guy and was witness to him repeatedly gashing Tampa's defense in week 17 last year. Bringing him in would eliminate the need to draft a RB, and we'd have a corp of Bush, Graham/Cadillac, and Clifton Smith. Not bad at all.

The Jets have made Scott an offer, but I guess that the Ravens are now making a big last-second push to hold onto him.

Mike Vrabel to the Chiefs? I guess he'll help in the transition to the 3-4 and there's the whole Pioli connection, but isn't Mike Vrabel getting up there in years? Seems like he's been in New England forever.

The Ravens are going to lose Jason Brown, Bart Scott and Ray Lewis AND possibly Matt Stover.

They do have like..$24 million worth of cap room though.

Your love affair with Matt Stover is the weirdest part about you. Weirder than any of your weird shit.

Couple things...

As a Cowboys fan, forgive me if I come off as a bit biased, but I don't think Albert Haynesworth will have as big an impact as he did this year. No way is this fat fuck worth 100 mil. I honestly don't know why people are gushing over him because he had ONE good season this year, and one mediocre season last year. Other than that, he hasn't really done anything to prove to me that he's worth so much money. Same goes for guys like Bart Scott. I don't understand why these guys think they deserve so much money, especially being defensive players. Guys like Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, Demarcus Ware, Joey Porter, they have proven to be good players over multiple seasons. Albert Haynesworth will probably be another big free agent bust for the Redskins. I just think these guys should prove to be good players over a few seasons before they start demanding a crazy amount of money.

Second, I don't understand all the hate for Rex Grossman. He hasn't been great, but he did get them to one of their two Super Bowl appearances. Sure the defense and Devin Hester had a lot to do with it, but he still had to lead the offense, an offense that wasn't exactly an elite group. He didn't have a lot of help in Chicago, but I still think he could start for a handful of teams (Vikings, Niners, Lions, Jets) hell, I'd love to have him backing up Romo in Dallas now that Brad Johnson is out (Thank fucking god!)

Third, you'll have to excuse me for being cynical, but I don't think TJ Houshmenwhateverthefuckhisnameis will drastically help out any team that he goes to unless they have another big time reciever like Chad Johnson/Ocho Cinco. The only reason TJ caught so many balls is because all the attention was on number 85. I'm sure he's a good reciever, but I don't think he's the ultimate answer for any team at WR. Same goes for Derrick Ward. He did fine when Jacobs was there to punish the defense, but I can't see him as a feature back. People are saying he's the best RB in free agency, I say fuck you. Fred Taylor, while injury prone, has done what Derrick Ward did last year (rush for over 1000 yards) 7 times in his career and will be a great fit in New England. And as far as Marvin Harrison is concerend, he needs to end up with a team with an at least viable QB, or else he won't do much. Peyton Manning can do it without Harrison, I'm not so sure Harrison can do it without Manning.

Fourth, the Cowboys are looking to ship out safety Roy Williams. He probably has lost a step, but Roy as an outside linebacker could work really well. He may not be quick enough to cover good recievers, but he is certainly quick enough to play linebacker, and with his hitting power and tackling, he would be great at stopping the run.

Any news on Derrick Ward in the FA market?

Apparently he's got a meeting with the Eagles. He would help share Westbrooks load of carries/ allow him to sit in the slot more but I'd be pissed if they unloaded alot of money on Ward and left WR mediocre.

Third, you'll have to excuse me for being cynical, but I don't think TJ Houshmenwhateverthefuckhisnameis will drastically help out any team that he goes to unless they have another big time reciever like Chad Johnson/Ocho Cinco. The only reason TJ caught so many balls is because all the attention was on number 85. I'm sure he's a good reciever, but I don't think he's the ultimate answer for any team at WR.

Chad didn't play a full season last year, and TJ did a fine job with Ryan Fitzpatrick throwing him the ball. He might not be in the upper-echelon of WR's. But he is the best WR on the open market and can be a pro bowl level WR depending on where he goes and who he has throwing him the ball.

Any news on Derrick Ward in the FA market?

Apparently he's got a meeting with the Eagles. He would help share Westbrooks load of carries/ allow him to sit in the slot more but I'd be pissed if they unloaded alot of money on Ward and left WR mediocre.

Eagles were 48 million under the cap going into today, they are in a fine position right now as far as cap space goes. Even if they sign Ward to a good contract, we will still have enough money to invest into a WR. But the problem is outside of TJ, who would you want in the open market? 36 year old Marvin Harrison? Laveranues Coles would be cool, but most likely is going to Miami because it makes the most sense.

Unless we can swing a trade for a good WR, I really don't know what the Eagles are going to do in the open market.

He did fine when Jacobs was there to punish the defense, but I can't see him as a feature back. People are saying he's the best RB in free agency, I say fuck you.

Is that really necessary?

Dawkins to Broncos

Ok, if this holds up and turns out to be true, I am going to be fucking pissed. I don't think he has much left in the tank (a year, 2 tops) and has to be used properly, but he is still the heart and soul of the Eagles. Demps is still at least a year away, and there doesn't appear to be a safety in the draft capable of stepping in Day 1. With the cap room they have, they should just offer some stupid number for one or two years. Overpay, who cares, at some point you have to make a statement that you give a shit about your players and fans.

FUCK.

Dawkins to Broncos

Ok, if this holds up and turns out to be true, I am going to be fucking pissed. I don't think he has much left in the tank (a year, 2 tops) and has to be used properly, but he is still the heart and soul of the Eagles. Demps is still at least a year away, and there doesn't appear to be a safety in the draft capable of stepping in Day 1. With the cap room they have, they should just offer some stupid number for one or two years. Overpay, who cares, at some point you have to make a statement that you give a shit about your players and fans.

FUCK.

Well this sure is quite the kick the balls. :(

He did fine when Jacobs was there to punish the defense, but I can't see him as a feature back. People are saying he's the best RB in free agency, I say fuck you.

Is that really necessary?

EHME calling someone out on cussing just made me spit soda, and now it's coming out my nose. Thanks. :lol:

Dawkins to the Broncos makes me laugh even though I have no emotional investment in either team, other than the fact I'm somewhat an Anti-Broncos fan because everyone around me seems to be.

The Ravens are going to lose Jason Brown, Bart Scott and Ray Lewis AND possibly Matt Stover.

They do have like..$24 million worth of cap room though.

Your love affair with Matt Stover is the weirdest part about you. Weirder than any of your weird shit.

Whats wrong with liking a kicker thats one of the best in NFL History?

Oh, and the Ravens got Dominique Foxworth to play CB. Uh..yeah..I dont even know who he is. Yay.

Thats gotta be bullshit. Noway the Eagles would offer him that low a number. Apparently its not confirmed yet on either side. Maybe agents want to make the whole of Philly collectively shit themselves to get a longer deal.

The Buckhalter signing pretty much confirms the Broncos won't be looking for a RB in the early rounds of the draft. Signing Dawkins would be pretty awesome...if he can stay healthy, that has the potential to be one hell of a secondary.

The Raiders are looking into signing Khalif Barnes or Marvel Smith. Jason Brown too. I see the main priority this offseason is building an offensive line. Okay, that's fine. But what does this mean for the #7 pick?

Looks like it is going to be a 5th this year and a conditional (2nd, 3rd, or 4th) in 2010. This is one of those "great deal, who'd we get?" situations. I know it was a brilliant plan on his part to try and get a big contract by quitting on the whole season last year, but shockingly that didn't seem to work. Samuel-Brown-Hanson is a solid top 3 with Ikegwuono coming into the fold this year.