TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

The 2009 NFL Offseason

Actually alot of people would have had the Cards in the top ten since they were obviously the only team out of the NFC West that wasn't God awful, so by default they'd have been in that spot.

Okay, but people didn't go into 2008 with god awful expectations for the NFC West. Okay, the 49ers weren't expected to do much, but the Rams and the Seahawks were teams that people thought could go 7-9 or 8-8. I don't think people had the Cards rated that much above the Rams or the Seahawks.

That list is pretty much terrible. Now I'm going to have to make my own list. I'll do it later.

Right, the Raiders should be top 15.

Yeah, totally. Perhaps your placement of Dallas as a top four team is fallacy?

I honestly see no reason why the Seahawks would be the fourth to last team in the league on this list. Seattle's only had years at 4-12 or worse four times their entire existence. 7-9, or 6-10? I can buy that, but that certainly wouldn't put them in the bottom four given how the league's gone.

Unless you REALLY think Jim Mora Jr. can't coach at all. Then I suppose perhaps.

Any chance that the Houshmandzadeh signing is an indication that the Seahawks might not be targeting Crabtree with their first round pick? It's possible that they could address one of their other needs at that spot, and then either wait until they pick in the 2nd round or try to trade into the latter portion of the 1st to get a good young WR to pair with Housh.

Any chance that the Houshmandzadeh signing is an indication that the Seahawks might not be targeting Crabtree with their first round pick? It's possible that they could address one of their other needs at that spot, and then either wait until they pick in the 2nd round or try to trade into the latter portion of the 1st to get a good young WR to pair with Housh.

Did he already sign with them, or are you just speculating that he will?

That's a lot of money for TJ. I'm also starting to get concerned that the Giants are going to have a hard time passing the ball next season since there aren't a lot of quality WRs out there.

Hell yeah. Great pickup for the Bucs. This likely puts Cadillac on the block, although I'm skeptical that we can get much for him with his history of injuries.

The Texans have been in talks with Cedric Benson to have him come in as a backup and be the Spell HB for Slaton this year.

Given how he did for Cincy who's line is actually worse than ours, I think it can be a good move on our part.

CB is a really interesting position in free agency. After the Asomugha megadeal from the Raiders there were huge contracts to DeAngelo Hall, Kelvin Hayden, and Domonique Foxworth. Now Bryant McFadden is only getting offers of about $3-4 million a year after he was expected to be one of the more sought after free agent CBs. Leigh Bodden isn't getting much interest at all. For some reason this happens every year at that position more so than any other. All the money goes in the first 3 days then the offers drop off like crazy.

I hope to Jesus that Tampa ends up resigning Jermaine Phillips and Phillip Buchanon. Should they do so, I could go into our so-called rebuilding phase feeling like only the defensive line and (of course) the quarterback position were areas of extreme doubt.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Detroit sends a 3rd round pick to Oakland for LB Marquis Cooper.

Yahtzee.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

FWIW, I still think Seattle's going to take Crabtree. Raji's starting to look pretty likely, but that would just throw my entire mock into chaos, so I'm not going to predict it.

Write the top three in stone, though. I'll shit my figurative undies if it's anything else.

I hope to Jesus that Tampa ends up resigning Jermaine Phillips and Phillip Buchanon. Should they do so, I could go into our so-called rebuilding phase feeling like only the defensive line and (of course) the quarterback position were areas of extreme doubt.

At least the defensive line has Gaines Adams to build around. Chris Hovan and Styles G White aren't god awful. Another good defensive end opposite Adams would help out a lot. Im suprised they didn't try to sign Chris Canty or Antonio Smith.

At least the defensive line has Gaines Adams to build around. Chris Hovan and Styles G White aren't god awful. Another good defensive end opposite Adams would help out a lot. Im suprised they didn't try to sign Chris Canty or Antonio Smith.

Gaines is decent, but has been a little bit of a disappointment in his first two years. Guy desperately needs to develop an inside move of some kind, as damn near every passing situation finds him four yards behind the play as he tries to run around the tackle. Hovan is smallish and declining and Stylez G. fell off considerably last year. With the exception of Gaines, the whole unit needs to be remade--especially considering that they were the one group most responsible for the late-season collapse last year. This should be addressed in the draft, and I honestly wouldn't mind if they went after Jason Taylor, were he to be healthy and focused.

Congrats to Spiff and the max for first-class jokes. I loled.

The Eagles announced that they are hosting free agent Shawn Springs Tuesday.

Multiple reports had Springs visiting the Patriots and Saints today, but those meetings may have been pushed back. There are rumors circulating that if Philly adds another cornerback Sheldon Brown will go on the trade block.

I have no idea what the Eagles front office is doing The only thing I can think of is this is Lurie & Reid's big Fuck you to McNabb since they are doing the opposite of what McNabb has asked. I am sure they'll remind us that they are the "Gold Standard"...."hey, we just went to the NFC Championship, everything is great!!!" The way Dawkins, Tra and Runyon is being treated is shameful.

A day after losing wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh, the Cincinnati Bengals replaced him by agreeing to a contract with former New York Jets wide receiver Laveranues Coles. Coles agreed to a four-year, $28 million deal, according to a source

Guest Czech please!
“I’ve never been about the money, although I do know that money means commitment in this business,” Warner said.

While he's pondering a more lucrative offer by the 49ers, Warner reached out to the Cardinals to give them a chance to sign him at a "hometown" discount.

If it wasn't about the money, why were you leveraging? Which is it?