Guest Czecherbear
Bye

by Hope on Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:39 pm

We are going home.

So long.

:huh:

:angry:

:(

Well, that's a shame if it's true. She and I didn't really agree on every single issue in the world, and civil board-wars seemed to sever any sort of acquaintance we had, but we got along well in the old days and early days of the new management, and I always thought she got a bad rap from a few people here. Whether you liked her or not, she was one of the really unforgettable (I hesitate to say "real unforgettable" because we inhabit such a verisimilar grey area here on the Internet) characters of this place and the other arms of the TSM greater metropolitan area. Irreplaceable loss for her family, the government, TSM, The Pit, and anywhere else. What a fucking nut, in the nicest and most endearing possible way.

If this is true I cannot fathom why, of all folders Czech decided to post this here unless he was looking for the sarcastic reaction around these parts that people usually give when a poster/posters familial passes.

Guest Czecherbear

Brody would say "unzips pants" whether I put it here, Current Events, or the Dr. Tom folder. Still, you're right, I should move it to General Chat or something, since I suppose this counts as Real Life Stuff.

I never was a fan of hers, but damnit, I'd never wish something like this on her, or anyone. R.I.P. Marney.

Like I said, if this is true (and if so, RIP) it deserves better then this folder.

While I don't know if she's dead, it is true that she's very sick and at best on death's door.

She was easily one of my top 5 posters to post here. Even when arguing and at odds with her. But we shared one common thing with each other, our love for weapons which made us become cool.

RIP Marney.

Guest Czecherbear
I tried checking the Pit to see if it says anything but I can't even log in. Something is messed up with that site.

These two sentences have nothing to do with each other.

gabbo.jpg

G'HOEY!

Oh man, rolling lols on Edwin's post.

Guest Vitamin X

I got along with her and talked to her on AIM in the old, old days and well, I certainly didn't get along well with her as evidenced by that fiasco earlier this year. That said, it seemed we made our peace of sorts last time she came around, which I remember being during the VP debates. Shame, but oh well- I couldn't ban her from the board, but she got banned from life. RIP.

We don't know if she's gone yet or not. Basically we're waiting on DrTom to get word of the specific situation. But in short, even if she is still alive, she doesn't have long.

I tried checking the Pit to see if it says anything but I can't even log in.

The mod staff recently went on a pruning spree with inactive accounts, deleting anyone who had 0 posts. If you want back in, just register again and post something after it's approved.

I think she actually did have cancer, hence the "Cancer Marney" handle. I think that's how it went, but I'm not positive.

I think Marney intentionally chose this time to die so that she could get a lot of late support in her bid to become TSM's Champion in the Poster Tournament of 2009. Heath Ledger has nothing on her.

In actuality, I really did like her a poster and it does bother me that she may have kicked the bucket. I always found her an extremely knowledgeable and entertaining person and though I didn't know her outside of the boards, it sucks to see anybody who has become a part of this totally dysfunctional internet family between the Pit and TSM pass away. R.I.P. if true. Or just forget this whole post if false.

I think she actually did have cancer, hence the "Cancer Marney" handle. I think that's how it went, but I'm not positive.

Yeah. The disease had more or less eaten her entire body up over the past few years. She has/had tumors in her pancreas, brain, pharynx, and bone marrow.

Death is not the end

Death can never be the end.

Death is the road.

Life is the traveller.

The Soul is the Guide

Our mind thinks of death.

Our heart thinks of life

Our soul thinks of Immortality.

-Socksquatch

You guys

I have no idea who Marney is.

Time to bone up on your TSM history, Smartly Pretty. Marney was probably the most noteworthy 95-pound lesbian government agent we've had around here.

You guys

I have no idea who Marney is.

Time to bone up on your TSM history, Smartly Pretty. Marney was probably the most noteworthy 95-pound lesbian government agent we've had around here.

I always pictured her as being obese. Most women with a chip on their shoulder are.

It's too bad if she did pass away. I'm in the party of people who probably never agreed with her on anything (and at times had a hard time wrapping my brain around her logic) but if she's gone then I do feel genuinely bad for her. However, it does sound like she was suffering for a long time, so hopefully wherever she is, she has found peace.

Would you know my name

If I saw you in heaven

Will it be the same

If I saw you in heaven

I must be strong, and carry on

Cause I know I don't belong

Here in heaven

Would you hold my hand

If I saw you in heaven

Would you help me stand

If I saw you in heaven

I'll find my way, through night and day

Cause I know I just can't stay

Here in heaven

Time can bring you down

Time can bend your knee

Time can break your heart

Have you begging please

Begging please

(instrumental)

Beyond the door

There's peace I'm sure.

And I know there'll be no more...

Tears in heaven

Would you know my name

If I saw you in heaven

Will it be the same

If I saw you in heaven

I must be strong, and carry on

Here in heaven

Here in heaven

R.I.P

It is sad to see her go, but i'm going to take the time to post some lyrics that have always reminded me of her.

I love little girls they make me feel so good

I love little girls they make me feel so bad

When theyre around they make me feel

Like Im the only guy in town

I love little girls they make me feel so good

They dont care if Im a one way mirror

Theyre not frightened by my cold exterior

They dont ask me questions

They dont want to scold me

They dont look for answers

They just want to hold me

Isnt this fun

Isnt this what lifes all about

Isnt this a dream come true

Isnt this a nightmare too

:(

Guest Agent of Oblivion

If someone closer to her situation can confirm her demise, I'll fire off a few shots in the honor of a dead fellow internet asshole. She and I were more alike than she'd ever admit.