Guys, I think Marney is dead.

Bye

by Hope on Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:39 pm

We are going home.

So long.

:huh:

:angry:

:(

Well, that's a shame if it's true. She and I didn't really agree on every single issue in the world, and civil board-wars seemed to sever any sort of acquaintance we had, but we got along well in the old days and early days of the new management, and I always thought she got a bad rap from a few people here. Whether you liked her or not, she was one of the really unforgettable (I hesitate to say "real unforgettable" because we inhabit such a verisimilar grey area here on the Internet) characters of this place and the other arms of the TSM greater metropolitan area. Irreplaceable loss for her family, the government, TSM, The Pit, and anywhere else. What a fucking nut, in the nicest and most endearing possible way.

Where are you quoting that from? Does/did she have a blog or something?

I've never known anyone to be callous on the board!

Is this our first board member death? Crucifixio Jones and netslob (didn't the latter say he was going to commit suicide?) don't count.

Brody acted like he was going to, but that doesn't count either.

Guest Vitamin X
Anyways, if true, good riddance.

Did I mention how glad I was to see you come back?

Guest Czecherbear
who is "we"? i've never seen her refer to herself like that.

She was speaking on behalf of her tumors.

Is this our first board member death?

You would think we would've had one before now, don't you? Hundreds of regular members, after all. A look at standardized mortality rates would suggest that it should've happened. Probably already has, with some obscure non-established person who just never came back.

Well unlike the thousands upon thousands of other people who have also died today she at least let us know that shitty things can still happen to shitty people. So you can't say she didn't leave us with hope.

RIP, because apparently that's what you say when people die, no matter what.

If it makes you guys feel any better, MikeSC's wife is preggers

Why would that make anyone feel better? I'd sooner wish Druggalo on a kid than that guy.

If the kids a girl, then I can't wait until he tells her she deserved to get raped.

Just curious, at what point is it considered in good (or at least not incredibly terrible) taste to make a GTG thread "Guys, I think Marley is dead" and post a picture of the Marley and Me poster?

I had zero interaction with Marney but it's never cool when a community member dies young.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Sad news, I had fun talking to her on aim about Wheel of Time and Star Trek.

I never wish death upon anyone, so I hate to hear this about Marney if true.

As an aside to Venkman's thoughts on a potential GTG thread, it is a travesty that we haven't gotten an All-Time Raper's Draft in there yet. I hate the folder is too often used as a one-off parody joke thread burial ground, but that one practically writes itself.

Just curious, at what point is it considered in good (or at least not incredibly terrible) taste to make a GTG thread "Guys, I think Marley is dead" ...

I'm banking on less than 24 hours. I guess we'll see.

By the way, I didn't really know Marney at all, but you never want to see someone die young. Seems like a lot of posters like her, so it's definitely a sad day for TSM.