TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 12/31 - 1/6

Guest Smues

21-0 in the first 11 minutes. Awesome. If UT can somehow score one more TD this quarter they'll have more first quarter points than all of Bamas regular season opponents combined.

My fuck, what is really impressing me is Utah's defensive pressure. That must be the third or fourth sack by now. I knew they were talented on offense but I did not expect this out of their defense. This is VERY impressive.

Alabama's playing like a team that doesn't give a crap after being sixty minutes away from the title game a month ago. Utah's playing like a bunch of goddamn headhunters.

Another reason bowl games are a bad indicator of what conference is better than what.

If Alabama was BCS good, they'd still better be able to whoop some bitch-ass upstart team like they're supposed to even on a bad day. Had Alabama beat Florida in the SEC Championship, Utah/Florida would have kinda ruled, but then we'd have a guaranteed Oklahoma national title.

Every time they show the Alabama student section, there's at least ten floppy-haired, ballcap-wearing, besandaled douchebags sending text messages. I swear, people in our age group are such worthless cocksuckers. Your parents paid good money for these tickets, your team is getting smeared...put the fucking phone down.

This is kind of how I called this game going down, Utah would jump out on them early, and then Alabama would just start wearing them down. Just like BSU-Oklahoma a few years ago, I think Bama comes back and makes this interesting.

Every time they show the Alabama student section, there's at least ten floppy-haired, ballcap-wearing, besandaled douchebags sending text messages.

It's a stand full of pbones

Guest Smues

I'm not one to hate on marching bands, but dear christ do I hate Simple Gifts. Please god don't let the commercial end before they do that one.

Utah is sure sack happy tonight. Rollover Tide!

More like Crimson Died, m i rite

I'll gladly eat my words on my lack of expectations for Utah coming into this. Amazing performance tonight.

Congratulations on finishing 13-0 and defeating a team that lost only to Florida in the SEC title game. Now, enjoy your #4 end of the season ranking Utah! Being the only undefeated in college football, YOU EARNED IT!

What's really sad is even if there was a plus one game, they would STILL be third in line behind Texas and USC.

Guest Smues

31-17 final score. LOL TIDE!

Good job Utah, winning the 3rd BCS game for non BCS schools.

31-17 final score. LOL TIDE!

Good job Utah, winning the 3rd BCS game for non BCS schools.

Two of them won by Utah. I don't think another team will want to see a Mountain West team in a BCS bowl game ever again.

Utah pretty much dominated that game too. That was actually more shocking than the win.

Edited because I was a bloody stupid idiot and thought Boise was in the Mountain West. I should have known better when they didn't play Utah this season.

I just realized I'm going to take shit from all the fair weather Utah fans at my work for my undying BYU fandom tomorrow. Damn you Alabama, why couldn't you have raped Utah like Georgia did Hawai'i?

Although I love this since the only reason the MWC was created was with the outside possibility of becoming a BSC level conference and keeping some of the more traditional rivalries from the old WAC intact. This game was another step towards that end.

2Gold. Boise isn't in the Mountain West, they are WAC.

Guest Smues
Congratulations on finishing 13-0 and defeating a team that lost only to Florida in the SEC title game. Now, enjoy your #4 end of the season ranking Utah! Being the only undefeated in college football, YOU EARNED IT!

What's really sad is even if there was a plus one game, they would STILL be third in line behind Texas and USC.

If Texas somehow loses they'd get #3 hopefully, but yeah. Pretty much bullshit, what harm is there in giving Utah #2?

Dammit, I knew that too. I could have sworn they were in the MWC. Stupid me, my bad. Still, two BCS wins for the Mountain West is still better than anything. Well, more accurately two wins for Utah.

Guest Smues
Damn you Alabama, why couldn't you have raped Utah like Georgia did Hawai'i?

Because Hawaii had no business being in a BCS bowl.

Damn you Alabama, why couldn't you have raped Utah like Georgia did Hawai'i?

Because Hawaii had no business being in a BCS bowl.

I know, but seriously, I'm going to take alot of shit tomorrow from people who can't name 4 players on Utah's team but jumped on the bandwagon after the TCU game.