TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 12/31 - 1/6

I wouldn't be too shocked if Ohio State upset Texas. In their last couple BCS bowls they were dominated, so I think they come in with a huge chip on their shoulder, and give a disappointed Texas team a good game.

I could see that, but with the other team that "woulda-coulda-shoulda" in Bama getting rocked, I think Texas comes out and shows everyone that they truly did deserve to be in the title game and beats The Ohio State by at least two scores.

I think the only way Ohio State can win this game is to hold Texas under 20, since they have absolutely no shot at beating them in a shootout, but I just can't see any defence being able to do that.

I still don't get how Texas is supposed to feel disappointed and come in like Bama did in their game. Texas knew when they lost to Tech they fucked up and needed a ton of chips to fall their way. They didn't and yet they still wind up in a BCS game against a team who when they last played embarassed them at home on national TV.

Texas by three scores with Laurenitis having a few big hits but no other real impact on the game.

Well Texas certainly looked like shi-ite in the first half. Great, that's the team that beat OU too. I can get by saying Tech and Mizzou were down in their games but I don't think Texas is. Fuck this doesn't bode well for Thursday.

Colt McCoy gets to be either the hero or the "FAIL" Big 12 quarterback #2.

And his first pass almost gave him the F in clutch. Damn Colt, watch that.

Granted the real fail would go to the Texas defense but still, he's getting a chance to make a statement headed into next year.

Wow, that was close. He barely got that first down. And as expected, here comes the challenge.

Absolutely no way this is overturned, Texas still has a chance.

Oh my god...if this is a holding...

Nope, touchdown.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Colt McCoy just sent his "FUCK YOU" to Heisman voters who didn't pick him everywhere.

Why the hell would they go for two there? Texas isn't getting the ball back twice.

Only thing I can think of is that if Texas scores you can still tie by blocking the PAT.

If they had just kicked the PAT they'd be down 24-22 now and a FG would win it. It was an idiotic move.

So Tressel has the stupid two point conversion and the lost timeout on the challenge. Good coaching Jim. That timeout would look REALLY good right now.

Well nevermind, the sack just turned it into a hail mary situation. I'd say it's history but I remember the Texas Tech game.

Why the hell would they go for two there? Texas isn't getting the ball back twice.

Only thing I can think of is that if Texas scores you can still tie by blocking the PAT.

If they had just kicked the PAT they'd be down 24-22 now and a FG would win it. It was an idiotic move.

Conversely, I'm a little surprised Texas didn't try for two; A field goal makes overtime now. Had they made the two-pointer, it would have forced Ohio to go for a touchdown, or two HUGE plays in ten seconds. If Texas misses, Ohio still needs a huge play in ten seconds to get in FG range.

On the other hand, they hit the PA, and Ohio still needs a huge play in ten seconds to get in FG range.

So much for "OSU owns the Fiesta Bowl"

Third BCS loss in a row for Sweater Stoops. That's about the only positive I can take out of this

Wasn't really a statement game but damn that was a nice final drive by McCoy and the Horns. Great fourth down conversion pass, and a beautiful slant pass to end it.

A great bowl game, let us hope Thursday can have a whole game and not just one quarter.

Nice game there. It's easy to say in retrospect, but Ohio State might have been better off not scoring that TD so early. A field goal would have given them the lead, and it was sort of inevitable that McCoy was going to lead Texas on a game-winning drive if he got the ball back with time. Oh, well.