TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - January 2009

Whatever happened to that movie HHH went off to film in 2003? That Jornada del Muerte or whatever?

According to IMDb, it's in production.

Supposedly? There is. And I have no idea how they plan on drawing people to pay for that movie.

At least Cena was on the verge of becoming a sure thing when they filmed The Marine back in the Fall of 2004. Ted DiBiase, Jr? Wow. I wish the company best in their future endeavors.

Wwe has big plans for Ted Dibiase, he's booked in Triple Treat IC matches on the house show circuit starting mid-February (Dibiase vs Regal vs CM Punk), and while the Marine II doesn't come out until 2010, I expect he'll be full fledged face by that time. When the writers were brainstorming possibilities as to who would eventually end Undertakers WM streak Dibiase was one of the favorites since his father brought Undertaker in all those years ago.

Supposedly? There is. And I have no idea how they plan on drawing people to pay for that movie.

At least Cena was on the verge of becoming a sure thing when they filmed The Marine back in the Fall of 2004. Ted DiBiase, Jr? Wow. I wish the company best in their future endeavors.

Wwe has big plans for Ted Dibiase, he's booked in Triple Treat IC matches on the house show circuit starting mid-February (Dibiase vs Regal vs CM Punk), and while the Marine II doesn't come out until 2010, I expect he'll be full fledged face by that time. When the writers were brainstorming possibilities as to who would eventually end Undertakers WM streak Dibiase was one of the favorites since his father brought Undertaker in all those years ago.

I'm well aware of everything that you just stated (except for the marquee triple threat Intercontinental Title matches), but I still do not understand why they are so confident that DiBiase will live up to all of this hype.

Whatever happened to that movie HHH went off to film in 2003? That Jornada del Muerte or whatever?

You mean Blade?

Yeah, I also thought it was Blade back in 2003. When did he film Jornada del Muerte? Was this around the same time that he was "shopping himself around Hollywood" in 2005?

According to IMDb, it's in production.

Mick's wife must be proud.

Of Abe Vigoda?

HAH! Sorry, I'm running on 26 hours with zero sleep, and quoted the wrong set of posts. Fixed.

There's suppossedly [sic] a sequel starring Ted DiBiase Jr. coming out.

When they're in production, you can take out the supposedly. Given that it's straight to DVD, it's pretty low-risk and I'm sure they can make a decent profit off of it.

Interesting thought..doesn't this give him a free pass to do whatever he wants until the DVD bombs releases? I doubt they would release Dibiase Jr before the movie comes out.

Jim Ross recently participated in an interview with Bubba The Love Sponge. Below is a highlight recap originally posted by a reader named Jim at PWInsider.com:

Bubba asked if JR thought Hogan and Vince could make up and do something for WM 25. This began a long discussion about a Steve Austin vs. Hogan match at WM 25. JR said he didn't think it would happen, but would like to see it. JR suggested a finish in which at the end of the match Miz & Morrison would run in, cause the double DQ, get beat down by Hogan and Austin, and then Hogan and Austin would drink a beer.

- Shortly after that Hogan called in. Hogan and JR exchanged pleasantries and then Hogan went on to tell JR that he didn't like his proposed finish to the match. He said that a match of that magnitude and historical significance needed a definite finish for the fans. Hogan went on to say he would have no problem putting over Steve if the match took place.

- Bubba wondered how much trouble JR would get into for talking to Hogan because of his relationship with CCW.

- Bubba said he is going to try to get Steve Austin on the show and had his producer put in a request with WWE to get Vince on the show in an effort to put this match together.

Jim Ross recently participated in an interview with Bubba The Love Sponge. Below is a highlight recap originally posted by a reader named Jim at PWInsider.com:

Bubba asked if JR thought Hogan and Vince could make up and do something for WM 25. This began a long discussion about a Steve Austin vs. Hogan match at WM 25. JR said he didn't think it would happen, but would like to see it. JR suggested a finish in which at the end of the match Miz & Morrison would run in, cause the double DQ, get beat down by Hogan and Austin, and then Hogan and Austin would drink a beer.

- Shortly after that Hogan called in. Hogan and JR exchanged pleasantries and then Hogan went on to tell JR that he didn't like his proposed finish to the match. He said that a match of that magnitude and historical significance needed a definite finish for the fans. Hogan went on to say he would have no problem putting over Steve if the match took place.

- Bubba wondered how much trouble JR would get into for talking to Hogan because of his relationship with CCW.

- Bubba said he is going to try to get Steve Austin on the show and had his producer put in a request with WWE to get Vince on the show in an effort to put this match together.

Of course Hogan would say that on the air. He looks like the bigger man in that respect. Behind the scenes, however, is a different story.

Of course Hogan would say that on the air. He looks like the bigger man in that respect. Behind the scenes, however, is a different story.

Exactly. Hogan just wants to get his foot in the door. Once the wwe starts hyping/building it, on the eve of WM25 Hogan would all of a sudden balk at the match lay-out and want the win or a no-decision finish.

Of course Hogan is probably hurting for money given Linda seems to want to screw him over every way possible.

Exactly. Hogan just wants to get his foot in the door. Once the wwe starts hyping/building it, on the eve of WM25 Hogan would all of a sudden balk at the match lay-out and want the win or a no-decision finish.

Of course Hogan is probably hurting for money given Linda seems to want to screw him over every way possible.

Before the match with The Rock, Hogan went on the radio and said he would put the Rock over.

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/8005/

First member of this year's WWE Hall of Fame Class

After slower than expected ticket sales for the Hall of Fame event at the Toyota Center in Houston, WWE broke tradition by already revealing that they would be inducting Steve Austin this year.

Edit:

I've seen it mentioned already, my mistake.

Here is some WWE.com news, following on from the Jeff 'unconscious' story.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/article.../hardyhitandrun

WWE Champion Jeff Hardy and his girlfriend Beth were involved in a hit and run automobile accident earlier this morning in North Carolina. Both Jeff and Beth were injured during the accident, but no ambulance was called to the scene.

Tune into SmackDown tonight for exclusive video footage from the police cruiser on the scene, as well as an exclusive interview with Jeff Hardy.

Stay tuned to WWE.com as more information becomes available.

Edit #2.. I guess is old news now. Please disregard my posting at the moment, i'm too ill to be with it.

A couple of interesting points from JR's latest blog -

Speaking of Cena, I hear his FU finishing maneuver is being renamed "The Throwback" which works for me and is certainly easier for me to communicate to my 5 year old granddaughter who's a Cena fan of sorts. It will be interesting to see how much knee jerk reaction this name change creates in the illustrious media. Knowing today's trends and the vocal minority of some fans who have enough product knowledge to be dangerous, too much.

You knew this was coming, and I don't have any issue with it. I wonder what the STFU will be switched to - If we're really lucky he might just drop it from his repertoire. What came first with Cena regarding the STF - The move or the name of the move?

Smackdown broadcaster Eve wrested at her first, WWE live event match this weekend. I think Eve might have a good shot at becoming solid wrestler as she is a tough minded, legit athlete who I noticed was wearing a Gracie MMA T shirt not that long ago. I know, she could have bought the shirt but I get the sense that she enjoys MMA and has a level of familiarity of it.

I think I'm in love.

Just a question...what's the current writing team? A friend of mine thinks Raw's head writer left and a bunch of new guys signed on for some reason a while back...I wanted to know if that was true.

He still does the throwback sometimes. it's the move he does where the opponent is bent over and he sort of jumps over them doing a blockbuster sort of move.

For those with Universal HD, they're replaying RAW and ECW every Saturday night now.

RAW is on at 7PM and 10PM

ECW is on at 9PM and 12AM

(all ET)

Seems like a blatant cry for attention by Eric, since the Hardys are pretty hot at the moment. Looking over Matt's blog though, he does come across as kind of douchy with all the "life's so great!" stuff.

Well, it was written for fans of his who want to know how things are going in his life, so I don't think it's a problem.