TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - January 2009

So who does ECW have that's a face who can challenge Jack Swagger? Finlay? Dreamer has been getting shots at house shows and will obviously get one on TV at some point due to the current angel they're running, but those 2 are the only face challengers Swagger has. All the other decent ECW guys are heels.

Yeah i'd be surprised, I know the general feeling is that it would close and nobody in WWE would care, but its a good proven breeding ground for Raw and SmackDown! and it's worth keeping around to build the Jack Swaggers and CM Punks of the world up to Raw and SD! level.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's another battle royal at Mania for a shot at the ECW title. If Swagger's still champion by then, I imagine it'll be a face with nothing to do on RAW winning, and going on to have a feud with Swagger so he can easily transition over to RAW.

Swagger vs Finlay is not a WM match, let alone Dreamer vs Swagger. So does Swagger not fight at WM? You can't put the ECW champion in the MITB match could you? Maybe he could say he wants to be a double champion...

They do have 4hrs to kill.

Swagger vs Finlay is not a WM match, let alone Dreamer vs Swagger. So does Swagger not fight at WM? You can't put the ECW champion in the MITB match could you? Maybe he could say he wants to be a double champion...

They do have 4hrs to kill.

And we did have Finlay vs Mark Henry last year.

Why doesn't Kung Funaki watch Karate Kid II so he can add the "drum-punch" bit to to his Crane Kick? Why doesn't he honk opponents noses after asking them "Live or Die"? The wwe could market "monkey drums" with Funaki's face on them.

Fuck Chris Nowinski V2

Oh my god no. I've heard this similarity so many damn times.

Maybe because it is accurate... Except Nowinski could cut a good promo.

Would anyone really be surprised if ECW stopped being a show by the end of the year (or even WM)?

I'd be shocked. It draws monster ratings (for Sci-Fi, anyway) and it's taped with another show (so it doesn't require any extra setup cost as far as trucking the ring and the TitanTron around). Plus it's an easy opportunity to bring guys from developmental and put them on TV with no explanation or hype to see how they can do on their own without the WWE machine making them a star.

Why doesn't Kung Funaki watch Karate Kid II so he can add the "drum-punch" bit to to his Crane Kick? Why doesn't he honk opponents noses after asking them "Live or Die"? The wwe could market "monkey drums" with Funaki's face on them.

Copyright infringement.

Mickey Rourke was just on Larry King and they had Chris Jericho on in the last segment. It was actually kind of weird because it seemed like only one of them was hyping up a possible Wrestlemania confrontation. Jericho was playing up the heel role and talking a lot of shit and Rourke said he put his foot in his mouth on the red carpet and didn't really want to step into that world because he was a boxer, not a wrestler. He said he respects Jericho, etc.

Maybe Rourke's gonna downplay this until after the Oscars, and this was just the sowing of the seeds

Jericho was playing up the heel role and talking a lot of shit and Rourke said he put his foot in his mouth on the red carpet and didn't really want to step into that world because he was a boxer, not a wrestler. He said he respects Jericho, etc.

Very confusing. Is the match even going to happen?

Maybe Rourke's gonna downplay this until after the Oscars, and this was just the sowing of the seeds

Never mind, could be.

Yeah, Jericho's got a whole month to focus on Elimination Chamber, then after NWO and the Oscars, they can pick this up.

Would anyone really be surprised if ECW stopped being a show by the end of the year (or even WM)?

Yes, absolutely. It does well considering it's Sci-Fi, and I don't see why they'd get rid of it.

Edge and Umaga b. Khali and Helms

Some funny stuff before the match. After Umaga comes into the ring, Edge comes in with his hair tied up ala Gene SImmons of KISS and face paint ala Umaga. Edge also drew "Canada" across his belly ala Umaga. Very funny. My friend called out to Edge, "You suck." and Edge responded, "You're ugly."

From a house show report on the observer.

Makes me wonder if Edge's BFF is Umanga now. They always seem to be screwing around and ribbing each other on house shows.

Ryan Reeves is a terminator in FCW now... wonder if he gets called up as the movie gets closer to it's release.

Edit: Will he speak in an Austrian accent and say "I'll be bock"?

IMG_0605.jpg

Ryan Reeves is a terminator in FCW now... wonder if he gets called up as the movie gets closer to it's release.

Looks more road warrior to me.

Reeves Terminator gimmick is called "Ryback" basically a mash up of Ryan and Silverback, his first name and former wrestling nickname. He wears one red and one blue contact lenses - mind blowing. He also no sells everybody and wrestled as a hoss even though he's maybe 6'1".