TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
treble

NHL - January 2009

Guest Czecherbear

Yeah, that was Seabrook on Cleary, which looked like it hurt, made him look silly, drew a TMMOTI, which led to a goal. So that's pretty much the perfect sequence. That'll learn him to bust our Kaner.

I feel like this is going to culminate in a big ugly brawl at the end. It won't be as pretty and civil as the Buffalo/Pittsburgh game.

Guest Czecherbear

Eager has like, four goals on the year! How is that even possible?

Man, I want a gif of that Seabrook hit. Also, is a young Wilford Brimley an assistant coach for the Wings?

Gotta love the hats the Detroit Bench Crew is wearing. A damn good game (though I agree on the officiating; way too many penalties). You can see the start of a rivalry here; they're really starting to get into it.

And DATSYUK!!!!

Guest Czecherbear

Hey look, the Hawks are gonna turn a multiple-goal lead against the Wings into a loss again. Crowd's dead. Totally frustrating.

Guest Czecherbear

Blackhawks were incredibly flat, lifeless, inexcusable. Where was all the scrapping from the first? Someone go hit Jiri Hudler in the face.

Blackhawks were incredibly flat, lifeless, inexcusable. Where was all the scrapping from the first? Someone go hit Jiri Hudler in the face.

Yeah, go pick on the smallest guy you can find. Who are you, Chris Pronger? Hit someone we don't care about. Like Lilja. Again.

Guest Czecherbear

Wrigley Field is such a great place for failing to show up for a national audience, isn't it.

Look at this:

12/3 win over the Ducks

12/6 loss to the Red Wings

12/7 win over the Coyotes

12/10 win over the Senators

12/12 win over the Avalanche

12/14 win over the Jackets

12/16 win over the Oilers

12/19 win over the Flames

12/20 win over the Canucks

12/26 win over the Flyers

12/28 win over the Wild

12/30 loss to the Red Wings

1/1/ loss to the Red Wings

Unbelievable choking to the nancy-ass Swedes. Play up to them. Jesus.

And Nightwing, of course they should go after Datsyuk since the Red Wings don't have an enforcer to stop them. It's the same with going after Kane and Toews, who are similarly unguarded.

Guest Czecherbear

I'm just sick of the national humiliation of Chicago sports. The Cubs losing nine straight playoff games. The Bears losing in the Super Bowl. The Blackhawks quitting after one period in their marquee game. The Bulls giving up on Scott Skiles. The White Sox existing. I'm just at my wits' end here. Oh well, go beat Calgary.

The hockey was much better than last year, and Wrigley Field was an excellent choice. Sure, it wasn't as close, but the first two periods were damn exciting. I'd call this a success, though not as big as last year.

Guest Czecherbear

From a Blackhawks perspective, it's an unmitigated failure. Yes, they built an ice rink, so that's an achievement, but this team should be held to a championship standard. You can't call it a day 20 minutes in. Getting humiliated by the Red Wings four times in a row just makes this team look fraudulent. But we staged an outdoor game, so there's that!

I'm just sick of the national humiliation of Chicago sports. The Cubs losing nine straight playoff games. The Bears losing in the Super Bowl. The Blackhawks quitting after one period in their marquee game. The Bulls giving up on Scott Skiles. The White Sox existing. I'm just at my wits' end here. Oh well, go beat Calgary.

Oh please. I've had to deal with two Mets collapses, a Jets collapse and the New York Knicks the last two years.

Oh please. I've had to deal with two Mets collapses, a Jets collapse and the New York Knicks the last two years.

Smartly wins.

The poor play of the Hawks in the latter two periods of today's game should not negate what has easily been the best hockey story this year: The vast, refreshing, remarkable, and awesome turnaround of the Hawks.

Czech, how are the Blackhawks supposed to be held to a championship standard? Sure, they have talent, but I fail to see why they should be held to such a standard when they haven't been that good in a while.