TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
treble

NHL - January 2009

I think I figured out what happened with Peters. He got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for the very loud swearing he was doing after Ruutu bit his finger. It couldn't be anything else...so that's what they went with. What a joke.

Or it could have been the fact that he tried to gouge Ruutu's eye out beforehand. Not that I care what happens to that piece of shit anyway after he tried to beat up our goalie 2 years ago. He should get penalties for just stepping onto the ice.

Well that was Ruutu's story. The league disagreed and suspended him for 2 games.

I'm not saying he didn't bite him. I'm saying Peters certainly wasn't the innocent bystander there.

Yeah. All the World Junior games, and obviously HNIC, are branded with the TSN logo. But to answer your question, Twiggs, anyone (at least in America) who's not a Rangersfan, Habs fan, or someone who watches the NHL Network often would likely not know about the broadcast.

Obviously.

:lol:

I think I figured out what happened with Peters. He got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for the very loud swearing he was doing after Ruutu bit his finger. It couldn't be anything else...so that's what they went with. What a joke.

Or it could have been the fact that he tried to gouge Ruutu's eye out beforehand. Not that I care what happens to that piece of shit anyway after he tried to beat up our goalie 2 years ago. He should get penalties for just stepping onto the ice.

Well that was Ruutu's story. The league disagreed and suspended him for 2 games.

I'm not saying he didn't bite him. I'm saying Peters certainly wasn't the innocent bystander there.

He wasn't trying to gouge anyones eyes. He was giving him a facewash just like every single player does every single whistle. Peters has no reputation as a dirty player.

Remember kiddies, Montreal at the Rangers on NHL Network at 7:30 Eastern/4:30 Pacific!

Who's forgetting that? I certainly haven't. TSN has a crew there as well - no Centre Ice package for me at the moment, so I'll take all the English broadcasts of the Habs I can get.

NHL Network uses the TSN crew. Just wanted to point that out....

Is that right? Hmm. Learn somethin' new every day, I guess.

Twigs?! Matt Young's goin' old-school on me.

Peters has no reputation as a dirty player.

Though I'm in no way defending him, I agree with this statement. I can recall dozens of fights and scraps, but nothing notably dirty. Surely Emery couldn't have been entirely innocent in 2007.

Well that's shit. I watch players do that all the time and it's never called. They gave him the penalty well after the play when he was already being looked at by trainers. So they called a penalty on a guy for something they don't call penalties for, after he got bit...but no penalty for the bite?

Peters has no reputation as a dirty player.

Though I'm in no way defending him, I agree with this statement. I can recall dozens of fights and scraps, but nothing notably dirty. Surely Emery couldn't have been entirely innocent in 2007.

Peters is an asshole (see the golfing incident against Toronto that treble mentioned) and a terrible fighter (Emery would have smoked him if he wasn't wearing all the pads) but yeah...he squares up with everyone and doesn't take cheap shots. He should start though...he is a terrible terrible fighter.

Not to backtrack this discussion or anything but as far as rookies go, every time I turn around it seems Bobby Ryan scored a goal.

Peters is the one who did the mock golf swing at the Leafs a few years ago, right? Awesome.

EFA. Peters is from my hometown of St. Kitts - I can tell you he was the preferred native son in the NHL this time last year.

Not to backtrack this discussion or anything but as far as rookies go, every time I turn around it seems Bobby Ryan scored a goal.

You don't turn around much.

OH HELL YEAH! I thought I'd only be going to 1 Kings game this year, but it turns out I will get to see 5 more! My friend called just now saying he got 4 tickets each to 5 games, for a total of $286. I only have to miss 1 Reign game, too. The Kings games are as follows:

Monday, January 12: Tampa Bay Lightning

Saturday, February 14th: Edmonton Oilers

Saturday, February 21st: Phoenix Coyotes

Monday, March 9th: Vancouver Canucks

Saturday, April 11th: San Jose Sharks

I'm fucking stoked.

Ryan Callahan is turning into the Rangers' most consistent scoring option, which is cool because I really like him, but at the same time, Ryan Callahan? I wonder what it would take to pry Kovalchuk away.

I would guess it would start with Staal and Korpikoski. Plus some picks.

I might give up Korpikoski, but not Staal, and certainly not both. If they want to take either Dawes or Prucha, both of who are playing well right now, then we can talk.

I might give up Korpikoski, but not Staal, and certainly not both. If they want to take either Dawes or Prucha, both of who are playing well right now, then we can talk.

It would take even more than Staal and Korpikoski to get him.

Not sure what value Prucha would have. He's still coasting off of his one big season.

Why Atlanta would take Dawes OR Prucha for a gamebreaker like Kovalchuk is beyond me. If Slats offered Waddell the choice between the two, even thick-headed Waddell would probably hang up on him. To acquire Kovalchuk, you have to offer good talent in return. Dawes OR Prucha is a joke. Starts with Staal and Korpikoski, if not Staal you're probably looking at Sanguinetti. Plus the Rags 1st in this year's draft. And a middling prospect like Hagelin. Plus probably more.

I'd give him Dawes, Korpikoski, the rights to Egveny Grachev and a first. Any more than that and we'd be in danger of fucking up this season as well as seasons that haven't happened yet.

And the Rangers would go with another player. I hardly know who's on the market. The Rangers really fucked themselves by handing Rosival and Redden giant bags of money. That was not smart.

Like I said when they signed Redden. Hey, at least they only have him for five more years.

I'm just saying that if the Rags want to add quality players like Kovalchuk, it's going to cost them.

I'm just saying that if the Rags want to add quality players like Kovalchuk, it's going to cost them.

And you're correct. But Glen Sather has to keep in mind that there's hardly a player availible that really puts the Rangers over the top, and so giving up too much for anyone is unwise.

And Rocket, you're pretty wrong. Staal and Dan Girardi have been the Rangers best defensmen this year.

I just watched the 3rd period of Habs/Rangers. I had to leave earlier. I've seen NYR play, but this was my first time, other than a few brief bits of HNIC, I've seen Montreal. No wonder they got 4 guys voted in as all-star starters. Sheesh.

And the B's are going to be hungry after two tough losses. Sorry, CC. Gonna get worse before it gets better.

Oh, no doubt. The glory days have definitely passed. There's not one thing this team does consistently well.