TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
treble

NHL - January 2009

Yeah. All the World Junior games, and obviously HNIC, are branded with the TSN logo.

Actually Hockey Night in Canada is on CBC.

Eastern Conference Reserves

Capitals: Alex Ovechkin

Lightning: Vinny Lecavalier

Hurricanes: Eric Staal

Thrashers: Ilya Kovalchuk

Panthers: Jay Bouwmeester

Islanders: Mark Streit

Rangers: Henrik Lundqvist

Devils: Zach Parise

Flyers: Jeff Carter

Leafs: Tomas Kaberle

Bruins: Zdeno Chara, Marc Savard, Tim Thomas

Senators: Dany Heatley

Sabres: Thomas Vanek

It doesn't matter, just mentioning it is all.

Guest Czecherbear
Vesa Toskala has been yanked 5 times this season.

Is that a record?

For a goalie that has not been coached by Mike Keenan, then probably yes.

Okay, but what about being prematurely taken out of games?

Kings win 4-3 at home over Anaheim. LA took a 3-0 lead, 2 goals being scored on J.S. Giguere on two shots, 1 at the end of the 1st and one at the start of the 2nd- before he was pulled. Bobby Ryan scored 3 unanswered for Anaheim before Frolov knocked in the game winner.

It looks like the Kings are going with Jonathan Quick in goal for now. Either that, or they're going to platoon him and Ersberg. I approve more of the latter possibility.

Hoo boy. Not only did the Sens lose, but Hartsburg was pointing the finger at Alfredsson and Spezza in the postgame news conference. Yeah, he's gone soon. Get rid of Murray while you're at it.

That game against the Ducks provided the Kings with some good signs.

1. They can fight adversity and win.

2. So can Quick.

3. Frolov plays really well with Kopitar. Why they've never played those two together, I have no idea. And Brown plays really well with Frolov, something the Kings haven't tried doing since Andy Murray was in charge. Logic should dictate that those three continue to play on the same line.

Place your bets, gentlemen: What's Grabovski fined for shoving a linesman last night?

Suspended for two, game checks for the two gone.

I typed that sentence before reading that he got suspended for three. Oh well, close enough.

Unquestionably the biggest one-and-done in recent history, provided Jim Carey no longer counts as recent?

Theodore got a so-so Hab team into the playoffs in '02. Columbus, while competitive this year, will not get into the playoffs.

I just wanted to point out how low class the leafs are.

I mean sure they have no idea what direction they want to head in as a club, but goonery?

The game last night showed the 2 very different directions these teams are headed.

If you are a losing team (apparently other than the Leafs, because their fans are lemmings and will show up anyway) there must be a level of thuggery in order to keep your fanbase somewhat upbeat.

Columbus, while competitive this year, will not get into the playoffs.

Unfortunately I am not very sure about that.

If you are a losing team (apparently other than the Leafs, because their fans are lemmings and will show up anyway) there must be a level of thuggery in order to keep your fanbase somewhat upbeat.

What are Leaf fans supposed to do, not go to the game?

Yes. That's the quickest way to get people fired that you don't like.

But I don't mean they should do that now, because they hired Burke. It would be dumb to do that now. What I mean is that people need to get some sort of positive enjoyment from going to the game, right? If you are a team of losers with no hope for the season, what's the best way to do that? Get goons. They're cheap.

Good news, Bob: Dickhead Al Strachan says Luongo will return Thursday. The roundtable discussion at that point was a pretty grim 180 after all of two games - will Sundin's arrival prevent the Canucks from the playoffs?

I once had to speak Strachan on the phone when I worked for the Sun, I think he was drunk. At 11 in the morning.

I figured the honeymoon for Sundin would be pretty short, and I think the loss to the Blues (with him in the penalty box on the GWG) certainly is going to excaberate things.