TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania Thread

To set up Shawn/Taker, both wrestlers would need to LOSE the Rumble. That's where the storyline comes from, both guys having huge interactions in '07 and '08.

Since Shawn eliminated 'Taker last time, it requires 'Taker to return the favor. Should it come during the middle of the match like last year so that the heat doesn't take away from the ending or near the end to really put over the build towards WM?

Taker eliminated Shawn in '07. I think a double elimination this time. And it probably should come near the end, as that would allow both characters to show frustration over coming close and missing.

I knew something was up when Jeff won the title. If they wanted him as champion for real he would have won the Rumble and win the title at Mania.

Jeff giving up the title to face Christian isn't bad, but I'm not sold on HHH/Edge at this moment. The two will turn it up though I'm sure.

HBK/UT is the best draw imo. Mania streak vs. Mr. Mania.

So, the silver anniversary is shaping up to be this?

Cena vs. Orton world heavyweight title

HHH vs. Edge wwe title

Christian vs. Jeff Hardy

I guess they are hoping Christian gets over huge.

The thing that concerns me about Shawn/Taker is the whole JBL element. They are going to have to find a conclusion to this soon, unless JBL is involved in making Shawn take on The Undertaker. Heck, I could see something where JBL forces Shawn to fight Taker (The man who retired Flair has to retire the streak), but JBL is present to try and take the win away from Shawn.

The thing that concerns me about Shawn/Taker is the whole JBL element. They are going to have to find a conclusion to this soon, unless JBL is involved in making Shawn take on The Undertaker. Heck, I could see something where JBL forces Shawn to fight Taker (The man who retired Flair has to retire the streak), but JBL is present to try and take the win away from Shawn.

They can conclusively wrap that up at No Way Out. That gives a full month of actual push for WM and with the already established history between the two and the likely action at Rumble, the match has its build right there.

I'd rather Shawn-JBL be pushed to Wrestlemania and Taker can fight some random match to continue his stupid streak

That could make sense: Shawn vs. JBL and Taker vs. Umaga

But still... this Wrestlemania is going to have to have a mega-money/epic moment match, and at the present moment... Shawn vs. Taker in Texas is at the top of the list.

I'd rather Shawn-JBL be pushed to Wrestlemania and Taker can fight some random match to continue his stupid streak

That could make sense: Shawn vs. JBL and Taker vs. Umaga

But still... this Wrestlemania is going to have to have a mega-money/epic moment match, and at the present moment... Shawn vs. Taker in Texas is at the top of the list.

The wwe may see the scenario of Shawn v. JBL and Taker v. Umaga as the better one in that it's two matches. They could push the Texas thing with JBL/HBK too if they wanted.

I don't want to give them any ideas, but if they must do JBL/HBK they could do the sell out Texan v. Wall Street guy in front of the crowd or even HBK selling out Texas and becoming Wall Street himself.

I rather they just end the convoluted feud at No Way Out myself. Taker/HBK is a better fit for the environment and the event. If Austin comes back for the HOF along with Terry Funk you will get more Texas heat than JBL/HBK or UT/Umaga.

A returning Armando!

I imagine Taker in a cemetery promo, followed by a brutal beatdown from Umaga... why? I have no fucking clue. Or maybe when Undertaker goes for his magic tricks, Umaga can just ignore them and beat the hell out of him.

I imagine Taker in a cemetery promo, followed by a brutal beatdown from Umaga... why? I have no fucking clue.

Umaga beating up Undertaker in a cemetery would be an awesome angle. He could do that running BUTT splash on Taker through a tombstone, then Samoan Spike him into an open grave. I'm half-serious.

There would be nothing wrong with it if Umaga has picked up enough English to yell some threats while still speaking the majority of the time in his native Samoan.

Samoans who are not The Rock, shouldn't be talking. Didn't work out for Joe, didn't work out for Manu, didn't work out for "I DID IT FOR, The Rock" Fatu, and I don't see it going well for Umaga.

Er, what? Joe isn't a mic god, but he works just fine when he's allowed to do his own thing of semi-to-completely cocky badass instead of bitching about his contract, or not getting title shots.

If they actually do a storyline with Jeff Hardy giving up a title match at WM to dick around with Christian in a nothing match, that is just.....wow. There is no way they will go through with that idea.

If they actually do a storyline with Jeff Hardy giving up a title match at WM to dick around with Christian in a nothing match, that is just.....wow. There is no way they will go through with that idea.

In his mind he could always earn another shot. It's not the scenario presented is that Jeff would give up a title match to, say, go after Shelton's US title for no reason. He got put in the hospital in November and (with the proposed storyline) would lose his title both as a direct result of Christian. Nothing wrong with wanting a WrestleMania grudge match.

Apparently Christian will run over Hardy and his fiancee or something, so that could lead to Hardy putting his fiancee getting hurt over the title.

Also, is he coming back as Christian or Christian Cage?

Joe is terrible on the mic.

Every TNA babyface is shit on the mic.

THEY ALL TALK LIKE THIS

or

They just bitch, moan, complain, whine, etc.

Joe says, "you see" before he gets to a lot of his talking points. Very annoying.

I like the idea of HBK/JBL at WM.

JBL might not be the greatest worker in the WWE, but he is very capable of putting on a gem match if he has the right worker with him. Shawn Michaels always turns it up a notch at Wrestlemania, and JBL will work his ass off to try to make this a classic as well. I like the way this feud was been going, and I think Wrestlemania is the perfect blowoff for it, especially if done right.

It's also another Texan Vs. Texan match as well.

Undertaker can start his feud with Umaga. Vickie will most likely be Umaga's mouthpeice for the feud.

Vickie will most likely be Umaga's mouthpeice for the feud.

Ugh, just get her the fuck off my TV already and give her an off-camera job. She's played out.

If this was any other Wrestlemania, I'd be fine with HBK-JBL being dragged out until then. But it's Wrestlemania 25. The biggest Wrestlemania ever. In Houston. HBK vs. Undertaker needs to happen at a Wrestlemania, and having it at 26 or 27 seems like such a waste when they could have it at 25.

I agree that having Taker vs. HBK at WM 25 in Houston is way too good of an opportunity to pass up. They can blow off the JBL feud by No Way Out, and god knows they can do the inevitable Taker vs. monster Umaga feud any other time. I'll be really disappointed if they don't go through with the Taker/HBK match.

I'd go Cena/Orton, Taker/HBK, Marvin's idea of three matches (HHH/Edge, Hardy/Christian, then the winners of those matches face each other for the title), CM Punk/Morrison - IC Belt, Jericho headlines and wins the Money in the Bank, and you add a celebrity match or something.

If this was any other Wrestlemania, I'd be fine with HBK-JBL being dragged out until then. But it's Wrestlemania 25. The biggest Wrestlemania ever. In Houston. HBK vs. Undertaker needs to happen at a Wrestlemania, and having it at 26 or 27 seems like such a waste when they could have it at 25.

But every Wrestlemania is "The Biggest Wrestlemania Ever"