TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania Thread

I'd go Cena/Orton, Taker/HBK, Marvin's idea of three matches (HHH/Edge, Hardy/Christian, then the winners of those matches face each other for the title), CM Punk/Morrison - IC Belt, Jericho headlines and wins the Money in the Bank, and you add a celebrity match or something.

Two problems with this plan:

a. Morrison should be in a tag title match since he and Miz are still the greatest tag team in the WWE

and

b. The WWE title isn't vacant..why should Edge or Jeff have to defend it twice in one night?

Because I rather have this than a fatal four way, and there's no reason to have Hardy, Edge, and HHH NOT in the title picture. Hardy deserves a title match, and HHH will not be wrestling Edge for no reason. Plus, if Hardy decides to wrestle Christian after losing the title at the Rumble, and he ends up winning the Rumble, but still wants to face Christian, they can make it work by doing this instead of giving up his title shot.

Call me crazy, but I could see them doing Undertaker vs Kozlov.

You're crazy.

How about this: The show opens with Edge & Christian vs. The Hardys. If E&C win, Christian becomes ECW champion and Edge only has to defend against HHH later in the night. If the Hardys win, Matt keeps his title and Jeff joins Edge and HHH in a triple threat match for the title.

I know it's a little bit complicated, but I don't think Jeff vs. Christian is a big enough match for WM25, and I want Matt to be involved in the feud too.

That's my favorite suggestion so far. To make it a little less complicated though, HHH gets the WWE strap back leading to E&C Vs. The Hardys: Winner Takes All (ECW Title for Matt/Christian and WWE title shot later in the night for Jeff/Edge.).

That's my favorite suggestion so far. To make it a little less complicated though, HHH gets the WWE strap back leading to E&C Vs. The Hardys: Winner Takes All (ECW Title for Matt/Christian and WWE title shot later in the night for Jeff/Edge.).

I thought about that too. The only thing is, I figure Trips will want to win the title at Mania rather than at NWO. And I can't see two faces (HHH and Cena) defending and retaining at Wrestlemania. There's gotta be a title change.

Then he lost at Judgment Day. Then he lost at One Night Stand.

I hate to say the injury was good for him (so much so that my original post mentioned this whole fact, but I changed it), but the injury / ability to be off TV for months really rehabbed his heel character.

How about Miz/Morrison in some sort of celebrity tag team angle? It's perfect for both guys' gimmicks. They don't have to wrestle celebrities or anything, just go the Trump/McMahon route where they call out and piss off some celebrity and said celebrity gets a tag team to represent them.

Sad thing is, injuries are the best thing to happen to most of the top guys who start getting stale (Cena, Orton, Batista, Edge).

Triple H needs one soon.

Come on, wishing injuries on someone is pretty bad mojo. But I will admit, I won't shed any tears when Hunter winds down into "retirement". Of course, everyone who complains about Vince being on TV too much will have to deal with Chairman Helmsley in the future.

Cena, Orton, Taker, HHH, Hardy, Edge

Any combonation of those 6 will be main eventing....how exciting and new...

I'm sure Austin will be involved in Wrestlemania somehow. Probably a stunner to someone and a prolonged beer bash.

I'm not sure where Punk, Jericho, JBL, and HBK fit in. I can't see Punk or Jericho main eventing and I'm not sure if the JBL/HBK program will extend that long.

In a nutshell, it will most likely be more of the same. Good matches, but I wouldn't expect anything overly new or suprising.

How about a tag match with Austin & Undertaker against HBK and JBL? Working tag protects Austin, it's the 4 Texas guys in one match, and they could do the Michaels "face turn" at the end and do the beer celebration with Austin, Taker and HBK. It's got a predictable finish and they'd have to go harder with Michaels becoming a more willing ally to Bradshaw, but it could work, and would be a great setup for a HBK/JBL match at Backlash with some kind of freedom/money v. career stip.

I'm sure Austin will be involved in Wrestlemania somehow. Probably a stunner to someone and a prolonged beer bash.

I'm not sure where Punk, Jericho, JBL, and HBK fit in. I can't see Punk or Jericho main eventing and I'm not sure if the JBL/HBK program will extend that long.

In a nutshell, it will most likely be more of the same. Good matches, but I wouldn't expect anything overly new or suprising.

Orton and Edge have only mainevented one mania, and that was last year.

Hardy has never mainevented a mania.

How about a tag match with Austin & Undertaker against HBK and JBL? Working tag protects Austin, it's the 4 Texas guys in one match, and they could do the Michaels "face turn" at the end and do the beer celebration with Austin, Taker and HBK. It's got a predictable finish and they'd have to go harder with Michaels becoming a more willing ally to Bradshaw, but it could work, and would be a great setup for a HBK/JBL match at Backlash with some kind of freedom/money v. career stip.

Interesting. I actually like this idea and is not predictable in that you wouldn't expect to see this pairing at all how things are now. The predictable turn may be a problem, but if they do go harder with HBK being a willing ally to JBL people will want it to happen.

As each day comes closer, I fear that we're getting JBL/HBK for the belt at Mania. Texan doing the right thing for his family vs Texan who turned his back on his upbringing once he made a little scratch.

As each day comes closer, I fear that we're getting JBL/HBK for the belt at Mania. Texan doing the right thing for his family vs Texan who turned his back on his upbringing once he made a little scratch.

If they did that, they could theoretically pull off an Undertaker/John Cena match.

Orton and Edge have only mainevented one mania, and that was last year.

Hardy has never mainevented a mania.

Orton was in the triple threat with Kurt and Mysterio. Hardy would be new, but he's the only thing fresh that I can really think of. Michaels and Taker haven't feuded since their HIAC back in 97, but it's still been done.

If they did that, they could theoretically pull off an Undertaker/John Cena match.

That would be a monumental match, but are you asking for a heel turn for Cena? That has Rock/Austin written all over it in that the face of the company(who wants to be PG 13) would be booed out of Texas. I doubt they would book this with their style of booking now. In 2005-6, I think they would have possibly done it. Cena winning is instant heel heat no matter what and it being the 25th anniversary and in Texas?

That would be a monumental match, but are you asking for a heel turn for Cena? That has Rock/Austin written all over it in that the face of the company(who wants to be PG 13) would be booed out of Texas. I doubt they would book this with their style of booking now. In 2005-6, I think they would have possibly done it. Cena winning is instant heel heat no matter what and it being the 25th anniversary and in Texas?

Good points all around, although they could build it as face vs. face (And the Smackdown vs. Raw match). Still, as you said, Cena would get booed out of the building, especially if it looked as if he was going to end the streak (Which I wouldn't have happen - Cena losing to the Undertaker would not hurt him).

Why do so many people give a shit about texas/texans being in a major match? Who really gives a shit?

Because the PPV will have a heavy build around the Texas concept.

And I'm making a prediction now - if he returns by then - Ted DiBiase is my pick to win Money in the Bank.

Why do so many people give a shit about texas/texans being in a major match? Who really gives a shit?

Thank you! Also, this isn't the biggest Wrestlemania ever. By any means. I want JBL-HBK to go until Wrestlemania, I like when the show has long simmering feuds rather than matches thrown together for the sake of it.

Undertaker isn't announced as being from Texas. He is an undead zombie from parts unknown.

Yet the bulk of fans know he's from Houston. I forget... during the American Badass phase... was he still announced as being from Death Valley or did they say Houston?

Undertaker isn't announced as being from Texas. He is an undead zombie from parts unknown.

Isn't he announced as being from Death Valley?

And Bob, what would you say is the biggest Mania ever? WM100? When I say biggest ever, I mean by the specialness of it.