TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania Thread

It's the biggest Wrestlemania ever because it's the next Wrestlemania. The only other contender is last year's Wrestlemania, if there's a special showing they want to hype or the DVD has just gone on sale.

They have to do JBL/HBK at Mania. Have to. If they build a feud for three months and end it before the biggest show of the year, what's the point? Maybe it's the grizzled wrestling fan in me but Wrestlemania should be used to blow off the big feuds. To suddenly switch it to Undertaker/HBK just because the show is in Texas would be a bad move, no matter how much bigger that match is on paper. I'd take the feud over the thrown together dream match. Only way it'd work is if, as somebody said earlier, it's JBL putting HBK against Undertaker to have him end the streak and even then it's not ideal.

If you start Undertaker/Umaga at the Rumble, by the time you get to Mania that'd be a perfectly good addition to the card. Even if Umaga's obviously not ending the streak.

My guess is that they’re calling this the “biggest Wrestlemania ever” and trying to make it appear more special than the others is that it’s the 25th one, the Silver Anniversary so to speak. JBL/HBK’s storyline should blow off on a big stage like that but I’d rather see a big epic match like Taker/HBK. I don’t care about the Texas tie-in, Taker/HBK just has more of a big time feel to it than JBL/HBK, regardless of storyline.

Why do so many people give a shit about texas/texans being in a major match? Who really gives a shit?

You have a point, but usually it increases the match heat as fans get behind their own. Texas crowds also seem to get really hot. I remember that huge match on raw a few years back with I think Rock, Benoit, Rikishi and so on against Triple H and so on(memory is hazy on the wrestlers) and the crowd was red hot.

Another example is Canadian Stampede in Bret and Owen's hometown. The crowd heat was off the chain and it made most of the matches better since fans were hot to see their the crowd favorites from their own backyard.

The wwe has always made it known UT is from Death Valley Texas. With all that said, after RAW this week I can see it building to JBL/HBK.

Buyrate wise it's Wrestlemania 23. Attendance wise it's probably Wrestlemania 3. Quality wise it's X-7.

Burned-members-of-attendance wise it's easily Wrestlemania 24.

Orton vs Cena cannot be the title match. Neither is from texas. How about Orton/Cena/Batista vs JBL/Undertaker/HBK with the title on the line? Imagine the heat for the texans.

The more I think about Wrestlemania, the more I'd like to see HBK vs. JBL for the title, Cena vs. Austin, and Taker/Kane vs. Orton/Rhodes/Dibiase. Plus whatever mess they come up with for the WWE Title/Jeff vs. Christian situation.

The more I think about Wrestlemania, the more I'd like to see HBK vs. JBL for the title, Cena vs. Austin, and Taker/Kane vs. Orton/Rhodes/Dibiase. Plus whatever mess they come up with for the WWE Title/Jeff vs. Christian situation.

I have a feeling that if Austin doesn't wrestle, he'll be the referee for Cena/Orton.

Orton vs Cena cannot be the title match. Neither is from texas. How about Orton/Cena/Batista vs JBL/Undertaker/HBK with the title on the line? Imagine the heat for the texans.

Where does Kung Fu Naki fit into the equation?

I have a feeling that if Austin doesn't wrestle, he'll be the referee for Cena/Orton.

I would not be surprised if Austin is added to the JBL/HBK feud actually. I think that's more likely if Cena/Orton and JBL/HBK are the matches.

PWInsider.com

The idea of a Trish Stratus vs. Michelle McCool match at WrestleMania was discussed at a creative meeting last week.

Many felt a Beth Phoenix vs. Stratus match would be good, but officials felt they've done it already with the mixed tag match a few weeks ago earlier.

After Stratus' performance in her match on Raw, the feeling is that she's still good enough to pull out a decent match with McCool that would be entertaining. There is also hope that the rub from Stratus would help McCool get over.

Politics at it's best.

No one gives a crap about McCool. Beth Phoenix or nothing.

Agreed. Beth vs. Trish is a Diva's match I'd actually look forward to.

I can't wait till Taker gets sick of her (let's face it, he's fickle) and genuinely talented divas can get pushed again.

Don't bait King Cucaracha into using his signature sarcasm. He always does that every time someone brings up the Taker/McCool relationship.

PWInsider.com

The idea of a Trish Stratus vs. Michelle McCool match at WrestleMania was discussed at a creative meeting last week.

Many felt a Beth Phoenix vs. Stratus match would be good, but officials felt they've done it already with the mixed tag match a few weeks ago earlier.

After Stratus' performance in her match on Raw, the feeling is that she's still good enough to pull out a decent match with McCool that would be entertaining. There is also hope that the rub from Stratus would help McCool get over.

Politics at it's best.

Yes indeed, BUT suppose they are protecting Beth? You can't job Beth to her. She's the new Chyna in terms of dominating. Okay, I don't believe that theory either :D

orton wins the rumble .. beats cena in the main event.

hardy over christian

hhh over edge

undertaker over shawn michaels

wm 26 undertaker over cena

wm 27 undetaker over ted debiase

I can't wait till Taker gets sick of her (let's face it, he's fickle) and genuinely talented divas can get pushed again.

Don't bait King Cucaracha into using his signature sarcasm. He always does that every time someone brings up the Taker/McCool relationship.

...I didn't realise I had a signature anything. Neat. It only took six years to get noticed, 2011 POTY Tournament, here I come!

Seriously though, I know I posted something of this ilk once when the predictable endless stream of people calling her a slut and the worst women's wrestler in the world over some minor incident just because of some relationship she's in got boring to me. But I searched and couldn't find anything. So you may be being a bit flattering by calling it a signature.

At the risk of not calling her a slut and the worst wrestler on the roster because she's rumoured to be facing Trish, aside from this accepted as fact rumour, is this really such a bad idea that everybody's got to jump on it on sight. McCool isn't over enough. A match with Trish would in theory help her get over. Logic, no?

There, NOW it's a signature.

Source: PWInsider.com

During a recent appearance at the 36th Annual Global Media and Communications Conference, Linda McMahon announced that rock and roll icons AC/DC will be performing the theme to Wrestlemania XXV at the show in Houston

, Texas.

There's no word yet on what song will be used as the theme.

Vince McMahon is said to be a huge fan of AC/DC, getting his first exposure to the band back in 2000 when they were performing on Saturday Night Live the night Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson hosted the show for the first time.

Many will remember back in November, we reported that McMahon and John Cena were seen "rocking out" at the AC/DC concert at Madison Square Garden.

From sescoops.com (I assume this was ripped off from one of the pay sites but no credit was given)

There's a rumor going around that Mickey Rourke, star of the hit film "The Wrestler", is in talks with WWE to appear at WrestleMania 25 on April 5th.

After WWE initially tried distancing themselves from the project and news that Vince McMahon "hated" the film after getting a private screening by director Darren Aronofsky, WWE now appears to be embracing "The Wrestler."

This week during SmackDown, WWE aired an exclusive preview for the film and acknowledged it received two Academy Award nominations.

One of the top stories on WWE.com features a picture of Mickey Rourke as Randy "The Ram" Robinson with a link to a video where Ric Flair, Mark Henry, Lilian Garcia and Mickey Rourke himself give their thoughts on the film. You can check that out here.

There are also rumors that the WWE creative team has been instructed to start coming up with ideas for a possible celebrity appearance at WrestleMania.

Could we see Mickey Rourke or even Randy "The Ram" at WrestleMania 25? At this point, it's just speculation, but we'll keep you posted if we hear any more buzz.

I know it will never happen, but it would be interesting if Rourke, while on wwe programming for ain interview segment or something, was confronted by a wwe wrestler for some reason or another. Rourke could say he wasn't a wrestler but is a fighter(boxr), but the guys he was in the movie with were wrestlers. R-Truth could be involved as he was in the movie, but it could be like Bam Bam vs Lawrence Taylor where Taylor brought back-up - Rourke could bring in some of the indie guys with him so for one night they could live the dream - guys like Necro Butcher and/or the old timers who are still trying to eek out a living on the indie circuit to give them one more night in the spotlight at WM25.