TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania Thread

three comments:

1. "Vince McMahon is said to be a huge fan of AC/DC, getting his first exposure to the band back in 2000 when they were performing on Saturday Night Live the night Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson hosted the show for the first time"

It's amazing how out of touch with pop culture Vince really is. 2000? Really?

2. Beth vs. Trish or it's a waste. Even TNA would get this one right and put her against Kong and not Taylor Wilde. Come on E.

3. Randy the Ram vs. The Ayatollah. Book it!

three comments:

1. "Vince McMahon is said to be a huge fan of AC/DC, getting his first exposure to the band back in 2000 when they were performing on Saturday Night Live the night Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson hosted the show for the first time"

It's amazing how out of touch with pop culture Vince really is. 2000? Really?

My first thought, as well. Not to mention "Highway to Hell" was the theme for Summerslam 98.

My first thought, as well. Not to mention "Highway to Hell" was the theme for Summerslam 98.

This makes it even more confusing as to how Vince didn't get exposure to AC/DC prior to 2000.

That entire Rourke / Mania 25 story is just someone expanding on one sentence from Saturday's F4WOnline daily update using their own knowledge of it being mentioned on WWE.com. I love it when those sites do that.

Rourke being involved at WM is an interesting idea. In that movie he looks pretty ripped so I would actually believe him wrestling in a match if they wanted to do it.

I'm getting the vibe of Austin vs. Orton at Wrestlemania. Something tells me that either Stephanie or Shane, being 3rd generation McMahons, will start backing the Legacy. McMahon, looking for revenge on Orton and for the betrayal of his children, seeks out his last resort...Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Of course, why would Austin help Vince is another matter entirely, but why look for logic? Maybe have McMahon bring him to RAW and beg him to do it, but Orton interrupts anyways and gets in his face, telling him he'll be the next Legend killed, goading Austin into the match.

You know...

As weird as it sounds, I wonder if this whole sudden embracing "The Wrestler" has to do with the fact it didn't get a Best Picture nomination.

I'm getting the vibe of Austin vs. Orton at Wrestlemania. Something tells me that either Stephanie or Shane, being 3rd generation McMahons, will start backing the Legacy. McMahon, looking for revenge on Orton and for the betrayal of his children, seeks out his last resort...Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Of course, why would Austin help Vince is another matter entirely, but why look for logic? Maybe have McMahon bring him to RAW and beg him to do it, but Orton interrupts anyways and gets in his face, telling him he'll be the next Legend killed, goading Austin into the match.

I thought the same thing, but it is still very questionable on whether or not Austin can do one more match and take the risk of seriously hurting himself.

I'd think he could do a match if it's a simple brawl type of thing where he's relatively protected. Of course, that might make for a pretty big downer of a match if he can't take even some simple bumps.

Randy The Ram vs. Jericho at Mania??????????

I'm surprised Rourke would make such an announcement. You'd think Vince would want the angle to start on wwe programming. I mean why is Rourke after Jericho? Did Jericho badmouth him on wwe.com or something at least?

Randy The Ram vs. Jericho at Mania??????????

I'm surprised Rourke would make such an announcement. You'd think Vince would want the angle to start on wwe programming. I mean why is Rourke after Jericho? Did Jericho badmouth him on wwe.com or something at least?

Jericho's the only guy over enough for anyone to care about, yet willing to job to a one-off actor. Cena already did his meaningless quasi-celeb job last January.

It would be a sick joke if they had Rourke against Jake The Snake :lol:

Rouke should induct Roberts into the HOF. That would be something.

That would be risky. Who knows if Jake would even show up or what kind of altered state of mind he would be in.

Sounds like great television :lol: They shoud do it.

On a recent edition of Figure Four Daily, Lance Storm made the suggestion that Vince hires the ultimate hitman to take on Orton at Wrestlemania, The Undertaker. The idea being that with Undertaker unbeaten at Wrestlemania, it assures babyface Vince of getting his revenge, which presumably the fans will pop for. Storm also suggested that if the company is really going to put the rocket under Orton, and if he's truly matured and put his behavioral issues behind him, then they have him be the one to end the streak.

That's not a bad idea, but they may be thinking about Million Dollar Man's son as the one to break the streak. They had some interaction tonight.

Plus, JR pretty much wanted to kill rumors of Austin having a match. I don't think he would be saying that as any rumor of Austin fighting at Mania would increase the buy-rate. They probably don't want to get people's hopes up. The same thing with Hogan. I'm sure they got e-mails from fans wanting to see the match at Mania and is probably the reason for him coming out and denying the match's possibility.

I think Hardy vs. Hardy makes the storyline make more sense with Jeff giving up the title shot. However, it seems pretty much a lock HHH will have to win the contender's match to properly push the wwe title match.

This makes it even more confusing as to how Vince didn't get exposure to AC/DC prior to 2000.

Vince hadn't seen Scarface in 1992 when Scott Hall was pitching the character of Razor Ramon to him. He thought Hall was a genius for coming up with the gimmick on the spot.

Vince is in his own world...Unbelievable...

Yeah, I fear Taker/Show at Mania too.

Also, are we going to get two family turncoat storylines at the same time? That's bad timing. Mcmahon family war and Hardy family war?

"As Daniel reported earlier, "The Wrestler" star Mickey Rourke was at tonight's Screen Actors Guild Awards in Hollywood and spoke about a possible appearance at WrestleMania 25.

We now have confirmation that Rourke will in fact be in Houston on April 5th. PWTorch.com reports that Rourke is "officially signed" to appear at WWE's showcase event.

This evening, Rourke spoe to Access Hollywood on the red carpet and said, “The nicest thing has been the whole wrestling community embracing us. The movie was about their world.”

He continued, “The boys from the WWE called me and asked me to do it. I said, ‘I want to.’ I’m talking with [WWE legend] Rowdy Roddy Piper about it.”

Just as he did on the E! channel's pre-show, Mickey Rourke cut another promo on Chris Jericho. "Chris Jericho, you better get in shape," Rourke said. "Because I'm coming after your ass."

http://www.rajah.com/base/node/14916

I think it would be better to make it a tag match. An actor getting a win over a wrestler is a no no imo.

Do a tribute match to the original Mania if they insist on having Rourke in a match.

HBK/Rourke vs. JBL/Jericho

"As Daniel reported earlier, "The Wrestler" star Mickey Rourke was at tonight's Screen Actors Guild Awards in Hollywood and spoke about a possible appearance at WrestleMania 25.

We now have confirmation that Rourke will in fact be in Houston on April 5th. PWTorch.com reports that Rourke is "officially signed" to appear at WWE's showcase event.

This evening, Rourke spoe to Access Hollywood on the red carpet and said, “The nicest thing has been the whole wrestling community embracing us. The movie was about their world.”

He continued, “The boys from the WWE called me and asked me to do it. I said, ‘I want to.’ I’m talking with [WWE legend] Rowdy Roddy Piper about it.”

Just as he did on the E! channel's pre-show, Mickey Rourke cut another promo on Chris Jericho. "Chris Jericho, you better get in shape," Rourke said. "Because I'm coming after your ass."

I think it would be better to make it a tag match. An actor getting a win over a wrestler is a no no imo.

Do a tribute match to the original Mania if they insist on having Rourke in a match.

I have a feeling Piper will be involved with this (Whatever Rourke does) in some capacity as well.

The question being - does he appear as "Mickey Rouke - Actor" or does he appear as The Ram?

Speaking of plans for the future. FWIW, on Matt Hardy's Myspace, he has Christian's "Just Close Your Eyes" theme looping repeatedly in the background.

My guess right now is that Edge loses the belt in the Elimination Chamber, thus setting up TLC in reverse (As many people have speculated): Edge and Matt vs. Christian and Jeff. The belt is going to have to come off Edge for this to play out properly (They won't do Edge vs. Christian for the belt at Wrestlemania, and they won't devote two singles matches to this one storyline either).

I have a feeling Piper will be involved with this (Whatever Rourke does) in some capacity as well.

The question being - does he appear as "Mickey Rouke - Actor" or does he appear as The Ram?

Could he legally show up as "The Ram"? I am asking because it is a character created by someone else.